Chapter Twenty Nine

The crowning of the King had arrived, much to the delight of the people. Not as enclosed as their wedding, but of equal if not larger size, people from all over came to witness his crowning, even coming from places as far away as China.

Another new hanbok had been ordered for Jisung, this time with longer silks that a king would wear, and a beaded hat that would sit on his head. A crown.

Minho refused his now husband's offer for a new hanbok as well with a dismissive wave of his hand from his desk. They shared a room now. It was nice.

While they slept on the same bed, ate at the same table, received the same care, they still wanted nothing to do with each other. Their backs were turned to each other at night, they ignored each other during breakfast and avoided each other as much as they could.

In normal circumstances, it would be the duty of the king to produce an heir as soon as possible after marriage. That was not the case for this marriage, so the two didn't have to be close and have a relationship, whether it be sexual or loving.

"Prince Minho!" Minho looked up from where he was eating while reading documents in his parlor. "It's good to see you out and about. How is your stomach?"

"Healing well, thank you," Minho dipped his head to her as the pregnant princess took a seat across from him with kind eyes. "How is General Kim healing?"

"Very well. He is going to be back to normal in a few days."

"That's good to hear," Minho tucked away the document into his robe to give the princess his full attention. "Is your baby bothering you still these days?"

"It is normal for a lady in such a place as I am to be uncomfortable every now and again, but I'm fine," she rubbed her stomach while staring down at it lovingly. "The little prince is not going to truly bother me ever."

"That's good to hear," Minho suddenly realized that, if he was foretelling the future correctly, this new baby would be part of his family. He would be his uncle, and should take care of him.

That was a foreign idea to Minho, even being an uncle to his older sister's children already.

"Prince Minho," Minho snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to find the princess staring at him. "I know that when you first came I acted impulsively and rudely, but I hope that you will not hold that grudge against me. However my cousin may feel about you, you have a friend in me."

Minho sat back. His heart, it thumped with emotion in his chest.

Even though he had shattered their perfect world, the princess still wanted to be kind and have a friendship with him.

Minho choked for a moment, before bowing his head, "If you would be my pleasure, I would love and appreciate your friendship here. Or wherever you and I may be."

The princess nodded with a wide smile. "That is good. That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you, for trusting me enough to say so," she looked around. "The crowning of my cousin will occur in a few days. Are you planning on being there?"

Minho sighed, remembering how after his wedding, Prince Jisung had asked him to stand by his side, as it was only proper that the wedded of the King were to be by his side when he was crowned. "I will be. Prince Jisung asked me to."

"That's good!" Jeongyeon smiled. "I will prepare your place for you. After the crowning there is to be a small party in the palace. I'm sure that Prince Jisung will want you to attend, so there is much to prepare!" She stood up with a slight groan. "If you'll excuse me, Prince Minho, I'll need to get started on that right away!"