Chapter Eight

(AN: Let's finally meet Crown Prince Han Jisung!)

Somewhere in the night, Yongbok turned over again, now facing Changbin. The two slept like that the entire night. When Changbin awoke as the dawn rose, he found himself centimeters away from Yongbok's face.

Instead of jumping away, Changbin didn't move, staring at Yongbok's face for nearly an hour, before he pulled himself away from Yongbok's embrace, and got himself dressed.

When he finally pulled himself out of the room, he went to greet Sungjin, who was taking care of a few problems around the house before he left to go see the prince. When his matters were done with, Sungjin came over to sit with Changbin who was sitting in the Tea Hall, sipping his tea.

Sungjin sat down at the small table across from Changbin, and took him in carefully. Changbin pretended that he didn't notice Sungjin's piercing gaze over him, and continued to drink his tea in the silence.

And finally, the silence was broken. "Why are you helping them?" Sungjin demanded, louder than he intended. "You could have easily gotten someone else to get them through the tunnel, but you personally got them through that, and through the capital as well. You are not usually this giving to strangers. Why is it that this time, you do not refuse them?"

Changbin set his cup down with a clank. "He is a prince. I can't refuse him."

Sungjin snorted. "You have refused your own Crown Prince many times, and I know it. Not to mention that time the Northern Province's King wished for you to marry his daughter, and you refused. Or that time to Eastern-Island's prince wished to have your dogs, and you said no-"

"Alright! I say no a lot to royals! I get it!" Changbin looked away. "But this time is different."

"Why? What makes this so different? What makes you want to help them so badly?"

"I... don't know," Changbin said, looking defeated. "There is something about this group that draws me to them. I'm not sure why, but I feel as though I must help them, and come with them to see the crown prince."

"Is it because of this Prince Lee Yongbok? I see you have taken a liking to him? No?"

"No, it is not because of him, even though I find him very interesting. I am drawn to him, and I don't know why. When I first met him, he refused to be called a prince, and made a big deal of his cousin naming him. I still don't know why..."

"Why don't you ask him?"

Changbin glared at his friend. "No! I don't want to scare him off!"

Sungjin shrugged. "Okay. Whatever you say!"

The two chatted as the sun rose high in the sky, and the other soldiers began to wake from their slumber. Sungjin was putting together his group that would travel with them to the prince's palace. Among them was a talented chef named Kim Seokjin, who made breakfast for the hungry warriors with ease.

Everyone was excited to have him with them.

Also, a young, talented performer named Park Jimin was to go with them, as he was supposed to perform for the Crown Prince. He got along very well with the Lee Kingdom's men.

"You know, there are supposed to be a lot of Ambassadors at the palace right now? There is one from the mainland.... Ambassador Wang Ka-Yee. And Ambassador Yi-eun... they are supposed to be very respected in their fields. And studies. And Master Kunpimook Bhuwakul is supposed to be there too... but I don't remember where he is from."

"Wherever it is, their names are impossible to say!"

(AN: These guys would have never been here, in real history, so please keep this in mind and try to not take it too seriously, just wanted to drop some familiar names.)