Chapter Fifty Five

The family had dinner that night together for the first time in years. They laughed together and ate until they were full and then the adults cheered with good wine and happy spirits. Hei-ran had some type of juice.

Changbin felt more and more guilt as he watched Minho and his family reconnected after years apart. They had dragged him away from this, away from a life that he could have had, happy with both his family here and at the San Palace.

All too soon, the night was over and morning was coming. They had to retire to their rooms so that they would be able to travel well the next day.

Changbin had a few too many drinks that night, and so Minho first went and put Hei-ran to bed before he came back and helped Changbin to his room.

"Y-yoou know wha?" Changbin slurred as Minho set him down on the bed, his head hanging off the side. "I realized something today!" he sang as he swung his head around, his long hair brushed the ground.

"And what would that be?" Minho grunted as he pulled Changbin's shoes off his feet and then started to untie his hanbok.

"I'm the worst," Changbin laughed as his eyes rolled back into his head. "I've been pairing up with the same group of people that have ruined your life!"

"What are you saying?" Minho pulled Changbin up and slipped the hanbok from his shoulders. "Just go to bed."

"I've helped take all of this away from you," Changbin laughed as he lay back on the pillows. "I'm such an asshole."

"Changbin, you're drunk."

"The truth comes when you're drunk," Changbin laughed drunkenly. "Which is why I'm telling you this."

"Go to bed," Minho tried to pull away but Changbin grabbed his arm.

"I'm sorry," Changbin hung his head. "We've taken everything from you and never apologized for it."

"..." Minho sighed before he took Changbin's arm and gently moved it off his arm. "I forgive you, alright? Now please just go to bed."

"B-but-"

"Changbin, if I really wanted to go back, I would have left and gone back to Jisung as soon as your guys let me out of my room. But I've stayed, so that I can protect Jisung and Yeong and Hei-ran and the people I love here. I'm willing to sacrifice losing them for a while in order to protect them, and that was my choice, alright? So..." he lay Changbin back onto the bed. "Rest now, my friend. Let's talk when you're sober."

Changbin lay back with a sigh and closed his eyes. He was probably exhausted.

Minho watched him for a few moments before he shook his head and walked out of the room. He went back to his own where Hei-ran was sleeping on his bed. He should probably think about getting her a new room just for herself.

Minho sighed and took his hanbok off before slipping into bed next to her. She shifted and turned to look over at him. "Is Uncle Changbin alright?"

"He's fine," Minho reassured her. "Go to bed. We have to get going back home tomorrow."

"What? We just go here!" Hei-ran protested.

Minho smiled. "I know, but we have to get home quickly. I have to go find... your other father."

"Hm? Other father?" she blinked. "You mean the Han King? Han Jisung?"

"Right," Minho nodded. "He's my husband, remember?"

"So he's my father too?"

Minho felt a twisting feeling in his stomach. "Yes, he is. And we're going back to him soon."