Chapter Six

It was very obvious that the foreign men were nervous. Even their horses were nervous, their eyes wide, straining in the dark, and their ears twitching, jumping at every little strange noise.

Changbin however, had no problems like he had done this a thousand times before. For all the other guys knew, he had. He strolled through the dark, even though no light could be seen other than their torches.

"How long is this tunnel?" Seungmin called from the back, struggling to lead his panicky horse.

"It goes through the entire mountain. We'll be out in a few minutes!" Changbin informed the group, and kept walking. They followed slowly, each step full of worry.

"Ugh... this reminds me of bad times!" Yongbok murmured, just loud enough for Changbin and Minho to hear.

Minho laughed, knowing what Yongbok was talking about. "You mean the hole by the river?"

Changbin raised his eyebrows. "May I know what this is about?"

Minho grinned. "When we were younger, Yongbok and I used to play by the river and servants would watch over us. One day, they were not paying good attention to us, and we wandered off, and found a huge hole in the ground. I, being the good boy I was, didn't got in, but Yongbok..."

"That was years ago!"

"Yongbok fell in, and he couldn't get out. He kept screaming so much, it gave all the servants heart attacks, and they ran over. The hole was really deep though, and they didn't have rope, so they couldn't get him out."

"Stop it!"

"And he had to sit there, wailing his head off for an hour!"

"And you just laughed at me!"

All who had heard the story burst out laughing, and Yongbok sulked, but he too laughed after some time. They continued to talk, until a small amount of sunlight began to show in the tunnel. "Hurry up! We're almost there!" Changbin began to walk faster. He knew that these guys would go crazy if they didn't see light soon.

The tunnel got brighter and brighter, until they could see the exit. "I'll tell you now, that the Han Kingdom is known for its beauty. Just a warning!" Changbin called, as the group ran into the light.

They were blinded, the light being so bright. They all blinked, their eyes adjusting.

And when they did, they realized that Changbin had been telling the truth. The scenery was amazing. The Lee men stared out at the bright green grassland, with trees sprouting up everywhere. And then, small streams cut through the land, and the sun reflected off of them.

Seungmin sneezed.

"It is a two day journey from here. I suggest we keep moving. We can get to the capitol by tonight. I have some people that we can rest," Changbin told the group. "But we have to go now."

The men nodded, not taking their eyes away from the view, but they followed after Changbin. Together, they made their way towards the small wall off in the distance.

But the wall was not at all small. They realized this as they got closer, traveling all day long. They passed by many small villages, but, having their past bad experiences with small villages, they moved on and did not stop at any.

The sun was setting as they reached the capital gates.

The guard on duty stopped them. "Stop! What business do you have in the Capital?"

Minho dismounted from his horse. He was about to walk over to speak to the guard, but Changbin also dismounted, jumping down in front of him. "Prince, do not worry. I will take care of this."