Chapter Thirty Eight

Minho pressed his head in a low bow before the altar, Yongbok at his side doing the same. On the third day they arrived, they were to perform many ancient rituals for the new prince to bless him with a long life and well-being and health.

Minho had placed his offering on the altar and then bowed deeply before backing up and taking Hei-ran from Changbin as Changbin moved forward to join Yongbok at the altar as well, placing his own offering next to Minho's.

"Are we done here?" Bang Chan asked as they stepped away to let more of the royal family give their offerings to the altar. "When do we head home?"

"Tomorrow," Minho murmured back, pulling Hei-ran's thumb from her mouth. "We can get going tonight, if you really want to leave."

Chan glanced at Yongbok and Changbin who were standing side by side whispering and staring at each other, before shaking his head. "Best not keep them apart too long. And best keep them together as long as possible."

Minho nodded and turned away, beginning to walk back towards the palace. "Chan... I have to ask a favor of you?"

Chan looked up. "What is it, Your Highness?"

"Can you watch Hei-ran for a day?" he murmured, looking down fondly at her small face. "I... need to go search for some answers."

"Of course," Chan narrowed his eyes. "But, may I ask what answers you are looking for?"

Minho sighed and shook his head. "Don't worry about that. It's not that important," he looked around, where the sun was rising over their heads. "I have to go. I'll be back past midnight, probably."

"Minho!" Chan cried. "You know there have been more Black Mask assassin attacks! It's not safe to be alone that late at night."

"I'll be fine," Minho whispered back, handing Hei-ran over to Chan and kissing her on the cheek. "Keep safe until I get back!" he whispered, rubbing her cheek, before he turned and walked back towards the main palace.

The stables were close and he was able to run and quickly get Cho before he slid a saddle and bridle over Cho's back and neck and leapt onto his back. "Let's get there as soon as we can," he muttered, before kicking Cho forward.

"Open the gates!" the guards called as they saw Cho charging out of the stables. The gates were thrown open quickly, just missing Cho as he managed to squeeze out. He took off over the hard ground, this time heading south, out of the forest and past the capitol.

He would have to ride half a day like this. He patted Cho's neck under him. He would also have to take a few breaks for Cho to make sure he didn't hurt himself. But he needed to get there fast.

Over the next few hours, Cho and Minho would stop every half and hour or so to rest and get water, before they would run as fast as the wind to get to Master Sang-hyun's neat estate which was in the more southern area of the Han Kingdom.

And when reached the area in which he and Jisung had been attacked when they first passed through, he smiled to himself as they ran by. He had injured his shoulder here defending Jisung's men, and even at their wedding, Minho had taken an arrow to his stomach for the young king. Why was it that Minho was always getting hurt for him?

As they continued to sprint towards the estate that they could now see in front of them, Cho's pace got faster and faster.

"Stop!" the guards in front of the house called as they arrived on the property. "Stop! Name your business here."

"I am Prince Lee Minho. I have to see Master Sang-hyun, quickly!"

"Prince Lee Minho? What is a Lee Prince doing here?" one of them snarled.