Chapter Sixteen

"Stupid prince!" Minho muttered under his breath, his eyes swishing from one side of the room to the other. "Stupid, stupid prince!"

"Prince, please calm down!" Minho's personal servant scurried around, trying to keep up with the Lee Crown Prince as he stalked down the hallway leading to the throne room. "Don't go in there, Your Highness!"

"Keep your mouth shut, Boo Seungkwan!" Minho snarled. "If the Han Prince didn't want me storming into his chambers while he is working, he shouldn't have sent all those guards after me!"

"Guards?" Boo Seungkwan shrieked, "Your Highness, why are their guards following you?"

"I was on my way out to the stable, when I was stopped by a bunch of beefy guards, sticking their noses in my way. They said the Han Prince had told them not to let me near the stable, or the gate out of this damned hell hole, because he doesn't want me outside the palace! What is that supposed to mean?"

"Your Highness, where are those guards now?"

"They should be in there!" Minho glared at the door in front of him, blocked by two palace guards.

"Prince, please stop!" the said, stepping in front of Minho.

"Move. Or regret it!" Minho seethed.

They did not move.

"To hell with you!" Minho grabbed one by his forearm, and twisted it, making the guards call out in alarm. When the second guard rushed at Minho, he kicked his leg out from under him, sending both guards tumbling to the ground, at the feet of a spooked Seungkwan.

Using both hands, Minho flung the doors open. Inside, all the Masters as well as Prince Han Jisung turned to stare at him. "Where are the guards?" Han Jisung asked.

"Outside," Minho muttered, as he strode forward, until he stood at the foot of the throne, glaring up at Jisung. "Don't stand there so high and mighty with your dogs at your side!"

"Ouch. Now that's just insulting!" Jisung smirked, glancing at the big men at his side. "Care to introduce yourselves?"

They bowed. "Greetings, Prince Lee Minho," he said, bowing deeply. "I am Lee Hoseok."

"And I am Son Hyun-woo. We have met before."

"Yeah. Your stupid dogs stopped me on my way to the stables this morning!" Minho's eyes were wild with anger. "I can not see my horse, and I can not leave this palace. What am I supposed to do? Waste away in my room, until I rot and am no more than a sorry carcass?"

"Why, no, of course not!" Jisung smirked at Minho. "You are to come with me. There is no need for horses, you will go in my carriage with me."

"And where might we be going?"

Jisung's expression darkened. "Yesterday, I received a letter in which my father left me. It has explained what he wishes to happen, and his one request was to stop the war that is brewing between our two countries. He said that this must be done no matter what. I then received a second letter, from the retired adviser of my father. His name is Sang Hyun. He has invited the both of us to his estate in the country, where he says he has the next step, and a hidden secret for the both of us. You may bring your horse with us, but you must travel with me."

"Then what is the point of bringing one's horse?"

"We do plan on being there for a while, so if riding truly is your burning passion, I suggest that you bring your horse. We can not have you waste away and die, can we?"

"No... I suppose not!" Minho turned and stalked from the room.

In the two weeks since Yongbok had left, Minho had never felt so alone. He'd always had Min-hyung and Jihoon at his side if he needed them, and even Ji-eun and Minhyuk if he was desperate, but Yongbok had been the glue to his mind, keeping him sane while he was away. With him gone, Minho was finding it harder and harder to keep his mind steady.