Chapter Twenty Two

"Are you out of your god-damned minds?" Minho hissed. He had been trying to keep his composure. It had been hard, especially after the Han prince, who he had thought to be mature and country-loving, turned and lashed out.

"Prince, please calm down," General Jungkook sighed, holding his head. "The princess will be arriving any time now."

"And my brothers?"

"Prince Minhyung and Prince Jihoon are coming later. The king will not be."

"Of course not," Minho muttered, lowering his eyes. He could feel his emotions building up the past few days. The trip home with Prince Han Jisung and the feast that was held in their honor when they got back. And then Minho found out that all his men had been hiding this from him. The men he trusted most had kept a huge secret like this from him for months.

Minho stalked away. "I'll be... out."

"Prince! You must stay within the palace!" the general shouted, running after him.

"You!" he whirled around and froze the general in his tracks. "You are to stay here and wait for my sister. When she comes, escort her to my room. That's an order."

"But Prince-"

"That's an order!" Minho roared, stalking away towards the barn. There were no guards there at the moment. They had tightened security on the Han Prince once the news had broken. There had been riots all over the city. Minho felt his chest tighten. The people of the Han Kingdom were beginning to hate him even more; not now as an enemy prince that had come to try to make peace treaties. Now as an enemy prince they loathed who had come to take their one and only prince from them in order to become married for the sake of peace.

"Prince!" the general called out after him, but Minho charged ahead into the stable.

The general growled under his breath. "Fine! Let's do it the hard way now!" he turned and stalked back towards the guard's house.

"Everybody not on duty! I have been ordered to stay here, but you must all stop the prince from leaving! He's in the stable!"

"Yes, sir!" the soldiers under the general all stood immediately and rushed for their swords. They ran out of the building and towards the stables.

The door was shut, closed and locked.

"Prince! Prince! Open these doors!" they banged on the walls, scaring the horses inside, who began to scream their complaints.

"Prince! Stop!"

Suddenly, a rush of grey flashed from the back of the stable. "Stop, prince!"

"Faster, Cho! Faster!" Minho muttered, lowering himself closer to Cho's neck. "Faster!"

"Prince!" Soldiers on horseback took after the prince. The open gates, waiting to welcome the princess of the Lee Kingdom, would lead Minho right into the open.

"Close the gates! Close the gates!" the soldiers yelled from behind.

The guards on duty began to slowly close the heavy gates. "Cho! Faster!"

The horse whinnied and ran even faster, slipping through the gates right before they closed, five or six soldiers making it out as well.

Cho took off through the forest. Minho avoided the city where hostel citizens would be. Instead he went for the meadow.

He passed two carriages on their way to the Han Palace.

"Was that just my brother?" Princess Ji-eun asked, leaning out the window to get a closer look at the cloud of dust that was rising from the lightning-fast horse.