Chapter Seventy

After the official surrender of the southern troops, many things happened.

Minho rushed home right after making sure that the Odueun King was indeed dead and that General Chun was secured to go and see Jisung. Knowing that Master Kang must be dead by now, he wasn't sure how Jisung was going to react.

When he did finally arrive back home he was greeted by both Hei-ran and Yeong jumping up into his arms and hugging him tight, thanking him for bringing their other father back.

Minho clutched them close, relishing their hug.

Jisung was sitting in their room on their bed, staring into space as Minho entered their room, leaving Hei-ran and Yeong with Bang Chan.

"Jisung?" Minho whispered as he sat down on the edge of the bed next to Jisung. "Are you alright?"

Jisung turned to him and blinked. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" His response seemed too forced to be genuine. But Minho didn't press him. Instead he held Jisung close and lay them both back in the bed and closed his eyes.

"I'm so tired..." he whispered as he hugged Jisung to his chest. "I'm just so glad that's over and more didn't die."

"Yeah..." Jisung whispered as he clung back to Minho like a little baby. "Is everyone else alright?"

"Changbin got stabbed, but he was taken care of right after and he'll be fine in a few days," Minho whispered back as he squeezed his eyes shut to get the image of the Odueun King being stabbed to death out of his head. "And the Odueun King as well as the other southern leaders have been either killed or taken prisoner."

"That's... good," Jisung couldn't think of anything else to say. Instead he tried to coax himself to sleep.

Both the king as well as his husband were too exhausted from the day's events to protest when sleep came to them both within minutes.

~oOo~

Minho stood outside of the stables watching as prisoners were marched inside, struggling against their confines. His arms were crossed as he surveyed how many men there were. The Mountain was being turned into a prison at the moment, so he and his family were moving back out to the San Palace.

In some time, they would probably move back to the Han Palace, but since the Black Mask attacks had taken priority over re-building the burnt palace, it was still unfinished.

"We have to go, you know?" Changbin murmured as he walked up behind him, his arm in a sling and his shoulder wrapped in many layers of white bandages.

Minho looked over at him alarmed. "What are you talking about?"

"Not like that," Changbin sighed. "Just for about a month or two, so we can disband any other groups that are trying to take over our kingdoms.

"We're not invading them," Minho whispered back. "Unless they wish to be ruled by someone new, they are free to choose their new kings and start a new dynasty. An ambassador from each of our kingdoms will go into the Southern courts and make sure no uprising occurs again, but that's about it."

"But Master Han Sang-hyuk wanted us to take over the Southern Five..." Changbin titled his head to the side. "Did he not tell you?"

"No, he did," Minho reassured his friend. "But I just don't care. I think it's wrong to force the southern countries to adapt our way of life and our leaders just because their leaders were awful. We will simply become brother nations."

Changbin hesitated for a moment before he nodded and said nothing else. It was clear that he didn't share Minho's thoughts and was probably thinking of all the resources they could get from the southern kingdoms, but Minho didn't really care. He was tired of fighting. He nodded to the guards who were marching prisoners inside and went upstairs to help Jisung pack up their things.