Chapter Thirteen

After the third day, Minho had taken enough. He was tired of being told to just rest and make sure the poison was out of his system. He was only allowed to get up when he needed to use that bathroom, in which times Yongbok or one of the Jeon brothers would accompany him.

He was completely over this.

This was ridiculous.

So he decided to run away.

Not for good, of course. But just for a few hours. Enough to cause Yongbok a heart attack, and him to have a little fun. The only problem was that the Han Palace was crawling with soldiers, more than would be at a normal palace for sure. Minho blamed it on the Crown Prince.

He realized this as soon as he stepped out of his room, dressed in traveler's clothes, his hair tied up in a knot atop his head. He had done it himself, so it looked a bit messy, but it would do. He looked around the terrace, searching for someone he knew, who could help.

He stood there for a few minutes, as random men walked past. Some officials, others military men, and some lords. The first person he found was none other than General Kim Taehyung.

"General! General!" Minho hissed, waving his arms in Kim Taehyung's direction. The general stopped when he noticed him, his eyes wide. Minho darted off his wall to pull him along.

"Prince! You are supposed to be in your room resting! Why are you out here-"

"Shhh!" Minho hissed, covering the general's mouth and glancing around to make sure that nobody had heard. He then turned and looked him right in the eyes. "I'm so tired of laying around all day and night. I really need to get out of here! Can you please help me?"

General Kim bit his lip nervously, but nodded. "Yeah. I can get you out. Do you have a horse?"

Minho nodded. "In the stable. A tall grey gelding. His name is Cho."

"Cho?" Taehyung looked around. "Okay. I'll get him. Stay right here and don't get caught okay?"

"Okay!" Minho slid back into the shadows, disappearing from sight, as Taehyung, in his fine military uniform, nodded to some of the men he knew as they passed. He then ran towards the stables with ease, before disappearing inside. He reappeared a few seconds later, a lead on Cho, and a saddle pad, but no saddle. Minho grinned. This was gonna be fun!

Taehyung got back to him and handed him the lead. "Okay. Now follow me. Keep your head down and don't talk to anybody. If anybody says anything to you, just wait for me, okay?"

"Okay!" Minho nodded, following as Taehyung began to move around the building Minho had hidden behind, and towards a courtyard by the wall to the outside. They walked for a while, until they found themselves in front of a huge tree that toward above the old hollow quarry the palace was hidden inside.

"This... is a dead end?" Minho glanced at Taehyung, who was grinning at the tree.

"No... that's what you're supposed to think!" he bent down to search for something within a bush tucked in the roots of the tree. "Here it is!" he stood up, holding a key in his hand. "This is all you need!"

"Um... for what?"

"To get out of here, of course!" Seeing Minho's confused face, he laughed. "Here. Let me show you. But you have to promise to not show this to any-"

"Anybody, right? I won't."

"No. You can show people. Just don't show this to anybody that you do not trust with your life. We must keep this secret among the trusted."

"Does that mean you trust me with your life?"

Taehyung smiled. "I do. I think that you are a good person, Crown Prince. But if you wish to prove me wrong...." Taehyung stared at the ground. "I will find myself most betrayed."