Chapter Sixty

Danbi came to a snorting stop right outside the San Palace gates as Jung did the same, jerking his head as the guard's horses raced up behind them.

"You're back, Your Majesty," Captain Kim Mingyu in the lead bowed his head as he greeted the king who nodded and walked through the now open gates onto the land.

Min-hyung and Bang Chan had run to greet them, hearing that Minho was arriving with the King on horseback.

In Min-hyung's arms squirmed the two year old Yeong who was excited as he saw his father coming home.

Minho couldn't help but stare at the handsome young prince. He had light hair, brown instead of dark like Jisung's, but his skin was pale and shone in the sun. And there was his older brother holding him, who Minho hadn't seen in over a year.

"I'm back," Jisung dismounted his horse and walked over to Bang Chan and Min-hyung, taking Yeong from his arms. He looked back at Minho who hadn't moved from the back of his horse. "Come down here and say hello!"

"Oh... okay," Minho jumped off his horse and slowly approached his friend and brother, keeping his head lowered. "H-hello."

Min-hyung blinked before, almost faster then Minho could blink, his hand came out to slap across Minho's cheek.

But Minho caught his hand, surprising everyone that was standing with them, except for Min-hyung who just tilted his head to the side. "So they have been training you."

"What? You knew they were training him?" Jisung turned to Minho's older brother. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"No, no! I didn't know for sure, but a few days ago I was out riding and I saw Changbin and this guy apparently heading into the Lee Kingdom, so I assumed that they were going to find my oldest brother. And if they needed my brother, then..." he trailed off. "Anyway, some fighting is going to happen, right? I'll put Yeong inside and then-"

"No!" Minho called up softly, pulling back as Min-hyung turned back to him. "Can I hold him? Just for a while?"

Bang Chan and Jisung shared a glance before Min-hyung gave him a small smile and nodded, extending Yeong in his arms so that Minho could take him.

"Hey..." Minho peered down at Yeong's soft face. "You probably don't remember me, huh?"

"Who are you?" Yeong asked in a small baby voice, like he had just learned to talk. "Who are you? Who are you?" he asked over and over as he stared up at Minho's face.

Jisung stepped to Minho's side. "Yeong, this is your Daddy. Do you want to say hi?"

"Daddy?" Yeong blinked, before he reached towards Jisung. "Daddy!"

Min-hyung and Bang Chan winced. Of course Yeong didn't remember him... but they could still see the masked hurt on Minho's face as he pulled away and let Jisung hold the small boy. In a second, his face became like a mask, and no emotion could be seen. "Let's go inside. We have a lot to talk about," Minho murmured as he walked into the palace.

Jisung stared after him with concern before he handed Yeong back to Bang Chan and followed after his husband. Yeong stared after his father, the one he knew at least, with confusion.

"Minho," Jisung grabbed his arm as they entered the tea chamber. "He was too young back then, he isn't like Hei-ran. You know-"

"It doesn't matter," Minho whispered, lowering his head. "If I survive this battle, then I will surely spend all my time with them, getting to raise them properly. For now, I must focus on the task at hand," he turned his face away so Jisung couldn't see his hurt expression.