Chapter Twenty Four

Prince Lee Minho sat in his room, a small table and a jade set kettle of tea sitting in front of him. Min-hyung had left him, his sister was off planning his wedding with Princesses Jeongyeon, and freaking Prince Yongbok was off with his long lost love, Lord Seo Changbin.

He sighed and poured himself some tea. He was homesick, that was for sure. Maybe more so than he had ever been in his entire stay here, which seemed like it had been forever. He, next time he saw his brother, would be sure to thank him for sending him straight into this hellhole.

There came a timid knock on the door. "Come in!" he called out, hoping to find one of his siblings there.

He was disappointed but not surprised to find Captain Kim Namjoon waiting for him outside his door, and he stepped inside upon being invited in. "Are your family members settling in well?"

"I'd like to think so, but I haven't been able to properly speak to them since their arrival. I plan to check with them tonight at the feast. I must thank Master Kang for planning such an event for us."

"No need to," Captain Kim nodded to him, before bowing. "He will be there tonight. I am sure that seeing you happy with your family will be thanks enough for him. I will see you then, Prince!" he bowed again, before exiting the room.

"This kingdom!" Minho groaned, throwing his head back. "THIS KINGDOM!"

"What are you yelling about now?" Crown Prince Han Jisung appeared before him with a swish of the red fabric he wore. "What are you complaining about?"

Minho didn't even look up. "I want to leave. Why can't I just leave this mess and go home?"

"Yes, indeed. Why don't you just leave here so that I can finally live in peace once more? Huh? Why don't you just leave?"

"I would if I could!" Minho jumped up, grabbing onto Jisung's robes and pulling him close. "Ever since you found out that you, you poor bastard, would have to marry the likes of me, you have made my life living HELL! I don't want anything to do with you anymore and you still decide that you must come here and torture me to help you manage your own despair! Find someone else, I never want to see you again."

"Sorry, sweetheart," Jisung grinned savagely. "You don't have a choice. Soon, we'll be married and expected to carry out our duties together as a married pair, and you will never get a break from me. We'll have to sleep in the same room, the same bad, your servants will become my servants as well, and my servants will then serve you. There is no escape from this, haven't you figured that out?"

Minho let go of Jisung's robes and fell back down to the ground. "Indeed," he murmured, eyes glazed over. "There is no escape from hell."

"Indeed," Jisung murmured, stepping away from the crumpled crown prince. "I will see you at the feast, Prince Minho. Have a good day."

~oOo~

Min-hyung, Ji-eun, Yongbok and Minho were dressed in their best robes. They had entered the palace feast together, Minho seeking shelter from the staring eyes of the officials and the gathered citizens that watched from the outside square for the lower class.

"Welcome, Great people of The Lee Province. We welcome you to our country!" Master Kang gave a deep bow to the arriving royal family with Prince Jisung at his side. Minho made sure to avert his gaze.

"Prince Minho, if you would sit next to Prince Jisung," Yongbok murmured. "That would be most appropriate."

Minho nodded with blank eyes and walked himself to the cushion that was placed next to Jisung for him.