Chapter Twenty Three

The courtyard slowly cleared out, leaving the young prince and the lord alone. Changbin stood on the steps of the palace, taking in the sight of the handsome prince before him. He had lost weight. There were dark circles under his eyes. He was... the same. But different.

Yongbok stiffened as Changbin edged closer, walking slowly down, step by step.

"Prince... Prince Yongbok," Changbin murmured, clearing his throat. "I was... uh, not expecting to see you here. It's been a few months."

"Indeed," Yongbok murmured. He stared down at the ground.

"How are you?" Changbin asked quietly.

"I'm fine," Yongbok answered stiffly. "I had to take care of some things at home."

"With your brother, I heard," Changbin glanced around, finding nobody around. Deciding that they were alone now, Changbin walked forward, approaching Yongbok.

"Hey-!" Yongbok cried out as Changbin threw his arms around him. "Get- get off me!"

Changbin held on for only a moment longer before letting him go and stepping away. "I'm sorry. It's just that I missed you a lot," his normal serious face returned and he started to turn away.

"Wait! Where are you going?" he cried after the retreating man.

"I think I have bothered you enough for today. Please, return to your room and have a good night's rest." Changbin had nearly entered the throne room now.

"I... I missed you too," Yongbok said out loud, not quite loud enough for others to hear, but just barely loud enough for Changbin to hear.

He turned around, shocked. "What?"

Yongbok glanced away, his face a bright scarlet red. "You want me to say it again? You greedy man, once is not enough?"

Changbin was in shock. His jaw dropped and he stared dumbly at Yongbok.

"Close your mouth!"

He closed his mouth.

"Stop staring at me!"

Changbin couldn't stop.

But he cleared his throat and stood in a proper stance. "Then, would you perhaps like to take a walk around with me? You have been away for some time, perhaps you have forgotten."

Yongbok sniffed and brushed past Changbin. "Then hurry up! I don't have all day!"

Changbin grinned and chased after him.

~oOo~

"Princess Ji-eun, this is Princesses Jeongyeon. Please, enjoy this space provided, and let my servants know if you need anything!" Prince Jisung bowed before his cousin as well as the newly arrived princess before backing out of the room.

"God, what a stuck up!" Jeongyeon slumped down and groaned, stretching her neck. "He's ridiculous, that little brat!"

Princess Ji-eun's eyes widened, and Jeongyeon turned to her. "Oh, sorry. It' just..." she shrugged. "He's annoying."

Ji-eun starred.

Jeongyeon turned to her. "Can I do something for you?"

Ji-eun burst into laughter.

Jeongyeon narrowed her eyes.

"Sorry, it's just that I've never heard someone sound more like what I am thinking than you!"

Jeongyeon stared for a second, before roaring with laughter alone with her newfound companion. "I like you," she stated as soon as she stopped laughing, holding her slightly rounded stomach.