Chapter 2 - You, again!

Since that night. I never stop thinking about you. My curiosity really kills me. I'm dying to know more about you.

Jang Wonyoung.

Jang Wonyoung.

Jang Wonyoung.

Who are you exactly? What did you do to me?

——————————————————

At the school

"Yujin! Stay focus! Tomorrow is our first game! And I care nothing but winning!" Coach Lee could be scary sometimes.

"Ay-ay coach! We'll win for sure! Let's do this guys!" I kept dribbling the ball before I passed it to Shin Yuna. He's my junior from the second grade. He's one of the best player in our team, including me.

All eight of us is the best from our school. That's why we've been chosen for the championship tour this year. Thanks to coach Lee Hongki who trained us real hard until we're more than ready for the game.

Our team consist me as the captain, Kim Doah, Baek Jiheon, Lee Chaeyeon, Lee Seoyeon, Choi Yena, Shin Yuna and Lee Saerom from second and third class.

“Bro, you seemed like it’s not you today. Mind sharing anything?” Chaeyeon my classmate asked with a caring voice of him while we’re resting.

“Remember about the blind date mom set for me? There’s something happened that night dude.” I answered calmly. Chaeyeon is my closest friend. I never had any secret from him. I particularly told him my everything.

“I’m all ears you know.” He assured.

“Okay. So, I met a girl. She’s like a goddess, she’s too gorgeous man. I bet no human being in this world can resist her. She’s too beautiful. She’s super cute. Her voice could make your whole world crumble. Your blood would rush like crazy, your heart beat like marathon, her eyes are no jokes. Her smile, gosh! It could make your world brighter than..............”

“Woahh! Woaahhh! Woahhh! Ahn Yujin! Hold on! Hold yourself bro! What’s gotten into you? First, that was too cringy. I must say it. Second, are you really the Yujin I know? It’s just really new of you. So? Who’s this girl that really change our cold Yuj into this poetic guy in front of me now? It was love struck huh? I guess?” Chaeyeon cut me before I even finish talking about my dream girl. Dude! Am I that head over heels for her? I just met her for like few seconds then this really happened to me? Oh God, what should I do?

“I still have no idea. She occupied my mind since the moment I saw her. Hard to focus on anything.” I said with honesty. “Don’t you ask for her number? You should ask her out again. Aunt Sana knows the best for you. You’re lucky Yuj.” He continued.

“The problem is she’s not the girl mom set me with. She had another date with her last night. Long story.” I couldn’t explain any further since the coach shouted as the sign to practice again.

“I just wish the best for you. Hope you can see her again. If it’s faith, I believe you will.” Chaeyeon tapped my back while running to the court. I feel relieve somehow. By his words. I hope for the same thing.

First day of the Championship Tour

“I won’t give any long speech. I just want all of you, go to the court, play with your heart, be yourself. I’ll break your leg if you don’t beat them!” Coach Lee joked. Or maybe not? What if we really lose? Is he really going to break our legs? Dude, we better win!

After an hour, our team won for sure. We’re not being arrogant. But our first opponent turned out to be a piece of cake. Do they even practice? We beat them easily. Or maybe we’re great players. I think so.

We still have our second game in the evening. We’ll just wait here and watch few more games. They might be our opponent soon.

Yuna, Yena, Chaeyeon, Jiheon and Saerom were going their own way. Some to the restroom, some out for food and some maybe just walk around. While me, Doah and Seoyeon were looking for seats in the audience.

“Ouchhh! That was hurt! Watch your way please! Oh no! My coke!” I heard a girl groaned. Yah, I can feel my body was covered with coke. I was too busy cleaning my shirt before I saw her. Again.

“You! Again!” We both said in unison before bursting out laugh.

“Yuj, you know her?” Doah asked pointing to the girl.

“Sort of.” I can’t say I know her. Yet. I will soon.

“Ahhh, then we’ll find out seat first. You guys can talk.” Seoyeon interrupted. “See you later Yuj.” Doah agreed with her. Me and Wonyoung were left there.

“What are you doing here Wonyoung-sshi?” Dumb you Yujin! She’s watching the game you idiot! What else?

“As you can see, I’m here for the games. With my friends. We’re rooting for our school. And I came for Chaewon too. He plays.” I felt broken somehow upon hearing this Chaewon again. “Let’s get you clean first.” Wonyoung said as she dragged me outside the hall.

My heart was beating again. Faster than the night I first met her. She dragged me to the front of the restroom and waited for me outside. After cleaning myself I went outside and found her smiling directly to me.

“Sorry for the mess.” Wonyoung started our conversation.

“Nah, don’t mind it. I’m good.” I assured. “I told mom and dad about the incident that night and they were laughing like crazy. Funny wasn’t it?” She laughed. It was like music to my ears. “I guess so?” I tried to laugh too.

“So? How bout the date? Are you guys like...... You know....... Make it?” Ahhh! Yujin! Stupid you! That’s personal dude! She didn’t even know you. “I’m sorry. You don’t need to.....”

“Friends. We’re just friends.” Wonyoung said as she walked away. She’s smiling. She’s really beautiful.

“Wonyoung-sshi! Wait for me!” This girl really drives me crazy.

I sat beside Wonyoung while watching the games. We’re sharing lot of stories and jokes. I found out that she really love this mint choco flavored ice-cream which I really dislike. How can she enjoy that toothpaste-like ice-cream for her whole life? And she really likes watching Disney movies, crazy for everything in pink and she loves singing. She also showed me her winking talents which made me fluttering all day. I feel comfortable with her. We talked like we’ve known each other since long ago.

“Oppa. We need to go now. Good luck for your game okay? I hope you’ll win.” Oppa. I felt cupid arrows from every corner. She decided to call me Oppa when she found out I’m a year older than her. She’s in her second grade of high school while me in my last year. Our schools aren’t that far too. Plus, we’re living in the same neighborhood,

“Wonyoung-ah. Can I get your number?” Maybe we can go out anytime soon. I confidently asking.

“Sure Oppa.” She winked. Winked I repeat!

Jang Wonyoung. I will never forget how you make me fall for you.

Fyuhhhh! That was long. So how was it?
Mind to left your thoughts.
- NFS -