Chapter 8 - Let Me, Please?

I’d take all the risk to love you my dear Wonyoung. I felt like I’m a winner, by having you by my side.

—————————————————

*ding dong

*ding dong

“Wait a second!” I heard someone shouted from inside. It must be Mrs. Jang.

“Ohh, you’re Yujin right? Come on in. Wonyoung is still upstairs. Come join the breakfast.” She gave her warm smile early in the morning. I can see the gene passed to Wonyoung.

“It’s okay Mrs. Jang. I’ll just wait outside.” I politely rejecting the offer.

“Honey, who’s that?” A man’s voice can be heard while we were outside.

“Come on in.” I was being dragged inside.

“Honey, he is Yujin. The boy Wonyoung told us.” Mrs. Jang uttered shortly while inviting me to the dining table.

A middle aged man was sipping his coffee while reading a newspaper. If Dad still alive, he might be around his age. His eyes looked cold, focus on his reading with round glass on, sitting sternly on the chair.

“Hello Mr. Jang. I’m Ahn Yujin. Wonyoung’s friend.” I can’t say I’m her boyfriend yet right? I might ruin their morning. Or will they accept us? What if they just like mom, forcing me with Minju? Ahhh, I shouldn’t fill my mind with these thought.

“Hmmm. Have the breakfast.” He answered shortly. Fyuhhh. I was trembling. Who knows my soon-to-be father is kind of scary one?

“Chill Yujin-ah. He’s always like that to anyone. Don’t mind him. Right honey?” Mrs. Jang said while pinched her husband’s waist. She then poked his cheeks but still no respond from the man.

“Yujinnie!! You’re here!” Wonyoung shouted running from upstairs.

“Hey, be careful! You might fall!” I immediately ran to hold her. This girl could be really clumsy sometimes. I stroked her hair without realizing both her parents were watching. I got an intense stare from Mr. Jang and a lovely stare from Mrs. Jang. What a contra. What should I do?

“Hmmm. Someone’s forgot something.” Mr. Jang spoke up while we were walking towards the kitchen.

“Of course I’m not dad!” Wonyoung ran again and kissed her dad’s cheek and hugged him from behind while he was still pretending to look cool holding his newspaper. He then put it down and kissed Wonyoung’s head.

“Have a breakfast before you leave baby.” What?! He has this side of him? He was acting cold and now what? Being a super duper caring and loving daddy to his princess. My soon-to-be wife. Hehehe. Ehemmmmm.

We were having pasta for breakfast. This somehow reminds me of my Dad’s cook before the disease took him away. Yeah, dad loved to cook. He always cooked for me when I was just a little boy. Though he and mom would fight in the kitchen over their menu along the process because mom said cooking is wife’s duty while dad insisting to do so.  I miss him. Seeing how happy her family, laughing together, I could feel the bliss.

“Dad, Mom. I wanna tell you something. But don’t be mad.” Wonyoung suddenly being serious. I felt her grasp on my hand. She held my hand tightly.

'Wait--- She'll tell them now?'

“What is it baby? Tell us.” Mr. Jang smiled lovingly to his daughter.

“Actually. Urmmmm. I---- I--- I----“

“What’s with that? Come on baby. Just say it.” Mrs. Jang also joined.

“I actually--- ummmm, me and Yujin, I—I—“

“I like Wonyoung!” I said with my eyes shut.

“Please let me date her sir! I promise I won’t let you down!” Where did I get the courage? I didn’t even know where. It was just simply goes out like that.

“And what makes you so sure young man?” Mr. Jang asked doubting. His eyes looked unpleasant.

“I really like her sir. Since the first I met her. I’d give it my all to be with her. I’ll protect her with all my will sir. I promise. Please let me date her.” Wow! I couldn’t believe myself. Everything was just casted throughout my mouth. Where did I get the script?

“What if I say I won’t?” He was sitting there crossing his arms. I felt like I was going through a life-sentence punishment. Me as the culprit, he is the judge. My sweat was dripping like I was going through an unending marathon.

“Then I’ll prove it sir. I won’t give up on Wonyoung, easily.” I looked right into his eyes. Asking for mercy. To let me freely love his one and only most precious girl.

"You're still young. Both you and my daughter. How can you prove that you love her? How can you protect her?" Mr. Jang still with his mocking tone. He might not believe me but I do really love her daughter. How should I answer those?

Silence filled the kitchen with intense atmosphere. No one seemed to talk.

“Hahahahahahahaha!!!”

“Hahahahahahahahahahah!

“Hahahahahahahah!"

What the------?

“I like this boy, honey! Baby, where did you get this boy over here?” Mr. Jang threw a big laughter while holding his stomach.

“Yujinnie, you should see your face!”

“Enough enough! Look at what you did. You almost kill this boy honey. And that’s not good. Poor him.”

I was still confused. I gave them a question mark look.

“Hey young man! Listen! If you ever hurt her feelings, I won’t guarantee your life for the next day!” Mr. Jang said while smiling. He just finished his laughing session.

“So we got your permission?” I asked again.

“Of course son. Our baby Wonyoung has been talking about you like 24/7. Yujin here, Yujin that. Yujin, Yujin and Yujin. What spell did you put on her huh? She’s totally whipped.” Mrs. Jang explained while chuckling. I can’t believe Wonyoung like me that much. I really won’t let her go.

“Mom!” Wonyoung facepalmed. Her cheeks were too red. She’s just too cute and adorable. If her parents weren’t there, I might do something inappropriate again.

“Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Jang. I promise that I’ll protect her and take care of her.” I gave my best smile, reassuring both of them.

“Just call us mom and dad. You’re our family now.” Mrs. Jang demanded.

“Of course mom. Dad.” I could see Mr. Jang smiling widely. And so did Mrs. Jang. I turned my gaze to Wonyoung and smiled to her. I held her hand tightly under the table, convincing her that I’ll keep my promise to her, to both her parents.

Wonyoung-ah, we’re million miles away. But why do I keep growing fond of you? Your devoid makes me excessively loving you. Unconditionally.

Here's another chapter for you! I really hope you like it! Mind to give the vomments! See ya!
- NFS -