Chapter 18 - Daddy

I'm sitting beside Wonyoung, caressing her cheeks. She looks pale but still beautiful as the last time I saw her. Now I'm here with her I feel much better.

But I want her to wake up. I want her to open her eyes. I wanna see her beautiful sweet smile again. I feel hurt each time I come to this room. I can't stand seeing her in this state. She's been in coma for a six months. Dad told me that she got hit by a truck when she tried to save Wonjin. Wonjin was running to the road while it turned green when Wonyoung picked him up from his kindergarten.

Yeah. Wonjin. Ahn Wonjin. I found out that I have a son. We have a son. Me and Wonyoung. I couldn't believe it at first. I feel excited and sad at the same time.

Too excited knowing I have a baby, with my one and only love, Jang Wonyoung, no I mean Ahn Wonyoung. But I feel bad knowing I wasn't there for her. She struggled alone, whole this time. I never know what she's been through. She's suffering here while me, too stupid to realize.

No one ever told me anything. Even mom. They're hiding everything from me. Why? That's Wonyoung's request. I don't know why. If only I know, I will leave everything behind and come back just for her.

Everything's too late now. I can't do anything at this moment. I can only pray and hope that she'll wake up. I hope she can feel my existence and fight the coma for me and Wonjin.

"Wonyoung-ah, please wake up my love. I'm here now. I won't leave again. I promise." I kissed her hands. They're somewhat cold. I missed her warm hugs.

I can feel tears streaming down my face. Hurt. Yes. It's hurt knowing someone you love is there but couldn't do anything but endless sleeping.

"Why you cry? When I cry mom always say that a boy shouldn't cry. A boy is the strongest human being that ever created. No matter how hurt the pain, cry is a no." A small hand reached mine. Ya, it's our boy. Our Wonjin.

"Hey there. How can you get here? How's your lunch?" I lift him up to my lap and hugged him from behind so we both could sit facing Wonyoung.

"Daddy Chae bought me ice-cream. Vanilla is my favorite. So I really enjoyed it." I could feel his excitement.

"Vanilla? Well that's my favorite too. Guess we have something in common." I ruffled his hair.

"Mom please wake up. My real Daddy is here now. You said we'll do lot of fun things when he come back." Wonjin suddenly shake Wonyoung's body, dropping tears from his beautiful eyes. He has Wonyoung's eyes. But he got dimples on both side of his cheeks. Just like me.

"Hey, didn't you just said that a boy shouldn't cry? Hey. Come here. It's okay. I'm here now. Daddy's here." I lift him to turn to me. I hugged him and caressed his back, wiped his tears.

After few minutes he feel calm again. I thought he fell asleep before he start our little deep conversation.

"Dad."

"Hmmmm?"

"Why did you leave us? Why did you leave me and mom? Don't you love us anymore?" How can this six year old kid ask me something like this. He's too mature, even for me. Wonyoung taught him well.

We're still hugging each other. I sit on chair beside Wonyoung's bed with Wonjin on my lap. I feel lucky since he didn't reject me as his father. I feel grateful he accept me right away.

Flashback

"Wonjin-ah, I have something to tell you." Chaewon sat on the bench with Wonjin beside him. They're eating ice-cream while I was listening from behind.

Chaewon told me to wait before I reveal myself to Wonjin. He felt afraid if Wonjin might be scared or hate me. That's the worst.

"What is it Dad?" He seemed enjoying his ice-cream. Licking it over and over again while shaking his hanging foot.

"Do you remember your mom keep telling you that your Daddy will come back to you someday?" I could see that Chaewon was trying his best to talk calmly to Wonjin.

"Of course. Mom says that everyday." He's still on his same spot.

"Your Dad is already here."

Wonjin stopped his eating session and looked directly at Chaewon. He hopped down from the bench and stood in front of Chaewon.

"Are you serious dad? My real Daddy is here? Where is he? Please tell me. I wanna see him. I'll take him to mommy." He dropped his ice-cream and pulled Chaewon's hand.

"Hey, hey. Rilex young man. Are you sure you wanna see him? Don't you feel scared or mad at him?" Chaewon tried to ensure everything before I meet Wonjin.

"Why would I? I miss him. Mom keep telling me that he'll be back for us. He loves us. Mom said he's a very nice person just like me." He was too excited. I felt much relieve, watching and listening everything carefully.

I saw Chaewon looked to my direction amd smiled. Which I took as a sign for me to step up and greet my little boy. Our little Ahn.

I walked slowly to their place and kneeled with left leg in front of Wonjin.

"Hi Ahn Wonjin. I'm Ahn Yujin. Your Daddy." I smiled and reached out for his hand but he quickly hugged me. Tightly. I could feel his warm little body on mine. He leaned his head on my shoulder.

"You really came back. Mom's right. Dad. I have a real Daddy now. I miss you dad. Mom miss you too. We miss you. We miss you so much." I couldn't say anything. I felt hurt by his words. This little boy is suffering because of me. He must be missing me that much. He tightened his hug and so did I.

"You still remember me don't you?" I asked him about the first day we met.

"Of course. I really like you from the start. I'm happy you're my dad." I didn't see his face but I knew he was smiling on my shoulder.

We were so into each other embrace. I could feel his love. I could feel Wonyoung's love. I could feel our love. I was never alone. She's always there. They're always there, waiting for me.

End of flashback

"No baby. I love you and mommy so much. I keep thinking about mommy from afar. Your Daddy is just a stupid guy. I'm sorry for everything my baby. I'm sorry for being late. I'm sorry for not being around. Forgive your Daddy. But I promise I won't leave again. Daddy will always be here. For you and mommy. Trust me." I kissed his crown while hugging him.

I can't lose both of them. Now I have them, I won't let go. Not anymore. I'll protect them with all my will. I'll do anything just to be with them. My sweet angel and my cute little hero. I'll give my everything just for them.

Thank you Wonyoungie for giving birth to our little hero. Thank you for fighting even I wasn't there. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for hoping. Thank you my love. Thank you.

Second update for today! Waiting for Annyeongz moment? Sooner. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 😂😂
Enjoy this one! Mind to leave your thoughts! And don't forget to give out vomments. See you in next chapter. 😊😊😊
- NFS -