Chapter 15 - Little Boy

It's been a month since I arrived here in Korea. I'm still adjusting myself. I've been helping mom in her office while arranging my plan in the meantime. After my Natural Sciences study I decided to be a therapist with my degree.

I'll open my own clinic which provides both private physical and psycho therapy. I'll start with a small clinic. That won't be bad. I'm qualified myself, so why not? I asked mom about the cost and she agrees to help me with it.

Gotta complete all the requirements first. I need to register the license for the clinic. I already got a practice license to be a therapist from UK. Just need to settle the document with Korean Constitution and the rules. Maybe I'll done with everything in three to five months.

- Six months later -

I'm working as a real therapist now. I'm glad mom helped me with the cost. It's been three months since I opened the clinic. Everything goes well than I expected. I barely got patient on the first and second month but it's getting better now. With a little bit promotion, people finally get to know my clinic.

Today is Saturday. I close the clinic to go to some Medical Seminar in Seoul National Hospital. I have to learn more to keep improving.

Seoul National Hospital

So many people here. Such a huge hospital they got. The owner must be super rich! I wear a not-so-formal attire. A long black pants with a light blue long sleeve shirt, tucked in and a black casual leather shoes on.

I'm trying to look for the seminar room. It'll start in an hour. I dislike being late. So, time is the most precious for me. I still got a lot of time. Should I just walk around the hospital first? I know no one here, so let's just pretend like I'm not new. LOL!

I didn't get to have my breakfast this morning. I think I'll grab something light from the canteen and find a place to eat.

Okay, so I bought two pieces of sandwich and a warm coffee. Espresso as usual. My favorite one. I'm in the hospital park now. Sitting alone on the small long bench while watching people with hospital uniform having their fresh morning outside.

After I ate my first piece of sandwich I sipped my espresso little by little but I get distracted by a little boy. He seemed sad though. He's sitting alone under a tree. I need to approach him and ask for his concern.

"Hey kid. You look sad. Mind to tell me?" I give him my fatherly or you can say friendly smile, showing my dimple. I hope he won't be scared of stranger.

"Dad said I shouldn't talk to stranger." He hugged his knees, looked at me but then looked at his feet again.

"Well, I'm Yujin. What is your name?" I tried to reach for his small hand, asking for handshake.

"I'm Wonjin. You're not a bad person don't you?" He hesitantly shake my hand with his right hand.

"I'm a very good person you know. I don't know myself. But my mom keep telling me so. Ah, you want some?" I sit right next to him, trying to get closer by offering him my another piece of sandwich.

"Thanks. I'm hungry anyway." He took the sandwich and quickly eat it.

"Then you're really a good one. Mom keep saying the same thing to me." He continued with food in his mouth. He finally smile at me.