Chapter 10 - No Help?

“Yujin-ah, can you please accompany me looking for some medical books tomorrow?” I was at Minju’s house again, being invited for the dinner.

“I don’t think I can make it Minju-ah. I gotta go somewhere tomorrow.” Well I really got to practice with The Boys again. By the way, we dropped the formalities between us since she asked for it. We decided to call out for each other name.

“Yujin-ah, can you please just accompany her? It won’t take long. Me and your Aunt Momo need to attend some appointments tomorrow.” Uncle Dahyun implied.

“Yeah. And she need to find that book as soon as possible if she really wanna be enrolled in Seoul National University for medical major.” Aunt Momo agreed.

“Okay then. I’ll be responsible for Minju tomorrow. Don’t worry Uncle, Aunt.” I assured. I couldn’t reject their request. Yeah, Minju is a year older than me. She was about to take the test for medical major since she wanted to be a doctor. An obgyn specialist to be exact. She told me once. That actually really impressed me.

The Next Day

“Oh, Yujin-ah, you’re here. Wait a second. Minguri! Yujin is here! Be hurry sweetheart!” Aunt Momo shouted. She dressed up for their appointments and no wonder Uncle Dahyun fell for her. She’s too gorgeous for a middle aged woman. And Minju too.

“Hi Yujinnie. Sorry to keep you waiting.” She said while tucking her hair behind her ear. She’s too beautiful. She wore a short denim paired with a blue-white stripped T-Shirt and a black Vans.

“Beautiful.”

“Thanks.” She said blushing. Wait---! What?! Did I say it out loud?! I must be insane!

“Aaa—hhhhh..—It’s okay. Let’s go now.”

I couldn’t think straight along the ride. How could I? When Minju kept hugging me tightly. I could feel all her body on my back! It sent shivers to my spine, honestly. Wonyoung might kill me if she find out.

‘Forgive me my Wonyoungie. I’m not cheating. Just keep her company.’ I thought on mind.

“Yujin-ah, what would you become? What major would you choose?” Minju started the conversation while we strolled around the bookstore, in the midst of medical books stacks.

“I don’t know yet. I’m still thinking about it.” I answered her succinctly. “And you? What makes you so into medics?” I tried not to be rude by taking turn asking her.

“Hmm. I find it beautiful, saving many people’s life. Helping them in need, make them to stay happy knowing they get another chance to be healed, another chance to live, another chance to spend their lives with their loved ones.” I saw sincerity in her eyes. She has a very beautiful heart. I nodded, understanding what she meant.

“Why obgyn though?” I asked out of curiosity.

“You’re that one kind of curious type huh?” She chuckled. I took the books from her hand, helping her out while she was still looking for another one.

“I like the question. Why obgyn? It’s simple. I love babies so much. I can’t imagine myself in the labor room, delivering baby. Being the first to be greeted by new lives after the fight between live or die. That would be really awesome!” I could feel excitement in her voice.