Chapter 16 - Finding the Truth

I keep waiting for Minju. I have a lot to ask her. I'm afraid I might get into her privacy but I can't help it. I'll just check things out.

I sit there in front of the receptionist. There's only few people there. It's already three. I've been waiting since two hours ago. I keep tapping my foot, scrolling through my phone, looking around. I can't stay still.

I see someone as I lift my head. It's him. Chaewon.

"Hey, Yujin." He stands in front of me with two small paper cups filled with coffee in his hands. I can tell by the aroma.

"Kim Chaewon?"

He sits beside me and hands me one of the cup.

"It's been a while. Minju told me she saw you this morning." He said while sipping his coffee, leaning forward with both his elbow supported by his thighs.

"Ahhh, yeahh. I'm here for the seminar. And didn't expect to see you guys here. I heard you guys married now." I keep watching him. Every detail of him. He's also wearing a white coat with a pair of soft grey sneakers.

He just smile, bitterly. His eyes keep looking into his cup. I can't read him. I don't know what's on his mind right now.

"Yeah. We've been together since university. I met her in my faculty. We're taking few same subjects. I knew about you and her after being her boyfriend. I ended up marrying her after we graduated. You still remember me don't you?" He turned to my side, smiling again.

"Of course. How can I not? You were the best basketball player I've ever met after all." I laughed at my own statement.

"Oh, come on! I lost that time! You're offending you know?" He jokes back, finally laughing.

"Yeah yeah. Of course I have to win that time. I promise myself to------ uhhmmmm--- never mind." I grin like a stupid person.

"I heard about that." His face changed into serious one again.

"Ohhhh......" Awkward situation again. I feel confuse. But afraid at the same time. I really want to ask him about the little boy, Wonjin. Ahn Wonjin.

"Chae, I wanna ask you something." I try to talk with calmness. I won't show him anything yet.

"What is it Yuj?" He sounds rilex.

"Is Wonjin your child?" I hope he will be honest. I hope he won't hide anything.

"Yes he is." He answered not looking at me. He's holding the small cup with his right hand while the other one in his coat pocket.

"But why is he an Ahn? I'm sorry for being rude, I'm just too curious to let everything go."

"He's my son. But I don't say he's my real one. We just married last year, how can we have a six year old son?" He laughs out loud, kinda forcing as I can see.

"Then whose son is he? Mind to tell me?" I try to sound not pleading. I'll look like a total idiot if I do.

"Someone."

"Yuj, sorry. I really need to go now. Sorry I couldn't stay long." He looked at his luxury watch and stood.

"Chae, can I come tomorrow? I need to ask a lot. I need to see Minju too."