Chapter 39 - Watch Out

I took Wonjin with me to the clinic since no one will be with him at home. I don't want to keep sending him to my Mom or Wonyoung's parents. He's my son, my responsibility after all. I'll take care of him.

Wonjin is playing outside with the staff while me, sitting on my seat thinking hard inside my office room. Who is that guy? Why he had Wonyoung's phone with him? Did they really having their lunch together? Just both of them? I can't think negatively about her. She's my wife. I'll ask for explanation later.

I looked at my watch, it's almost time to go home. I stood and tidied my desk before I leave. I locked my door and went to the receptionist where Wonjin and the others are.

"Wonjin-ah. Let's go home. Let's pick your Mommy up." I smiled to everyone there.

"Are you guys finish? It's time to go home now." I continued.

"Yes Doc. Everything's done." Minhee answered.

We went out and locked the clinic. I gave Minhee the keys since I have to take Wonjin to his school first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm currently waiting for Wonyoung to pick her phone. I hope she already done with her work so we can go home together.

"Oh Yujinnie?" She answered. It's her voice now.

"Wonyoungie... Uhmmm, have you finish everything with your job? I'm going home with Wonjin now. We can pick you up."

"Yujinnie.... I'm sorry. I'm still working on few cases. I can't leave yet. You can go home first." She apologize. She sounded guilty.

"Ahh, it's okay. Just tell me when you finish. I'll pick you by then."

"No, Wonjin need to rest and you can't leave him alone either. It could be dangerous. It's okay. I can go home by myself. You don't have to worry okay?" She resisted. But she got the point though.

"Okay. Anyway what would you like for dinner? I'll cook something for us." I know she's really busy. Maybe I can help her by making the meal. I get used to cooking since then.

"Hmmm.. Too bad I can't make it to dinner. I really need to finish all these before midnight. I'm really sorry. You and Wonjin should eat without me tonight." Disappointed. Yes. But there's nothing I could do. That's her job. Being a lawyer is always that busy.

"We can't help it though. I'll see you at home then. Don't skip your meal okay?"

"Okay, thanks. See you later. Bye." She ended the call.

At Home

"Dad! What's for dinner?" Wonjin came and observed the kitchen.

"Well. It's your favorite. Chicken soup." I made something hot since it's raining outside.

"Perfect! Do you need any help?" He offered.

"Sure."

We both cooking in the kitchen, me actually. With little help from Wonjin. He looks happy helping me out.

"Okay! We're done! Now let's dig in!" I said as we finish setting up the dining table.

"Shouldn't we wait for Mom?" Wonjin asked.