Chapter 22 - Her Pure Love

I'm afraid to step in my foot into the room. I can see Mr. and Mrs. Jang there. Minju and Chaewon too. Just a little information Chaewon is one of Wonyoung's doctor since he's a neurology specialist. Minju's there to see Wonyoung too.

Ahh, I didn't tell you how can Minju and Wonyoung knows each other right? Minju told me the whole story. It's few days after I found out about Wonjin, as I remember.

Minju was actually a freshman that year, learning medics in Seoul National University. When she was going home she saw a high school girl with uniform, crying alone, in the bus stop at night. A girl crying in the middle of the night? She was afraid to approach her at first but then she gathered her courage to initiate a conversation.

Wonyoung didn't want to talk at first. Minju then introduced herself in detail including her age, where she lives, where she studies, what major, even her love life so Wonyoung would open up to her. That's actually dangerous, telling a stranger your whole information. But that's Minju, as she always be, someone you really don't expect her to be.

What shocked Minju the most was Wonyoung's state that time. Wonyoung told her she was pregnant and got confuse about her condition. Why? Because her boyfriend left her without any word.

Minju even hit me that time. She told me how bad I am, no she said I'm the worst person that ever live in this world that she ever known.

Flashback

"I really hate you that time. My mind keep saying to kill you when we meet. You're the worst human being ever. When Wonyoung told me her whole story it really breaks me. Even until now. I still remember every detail of her on our first met." She halted for a while and continued.

"She was crying alone at the bus stop. It was raining hard. All her clothes got wet. Her hair, her face it was all messed up. I didn't know it was you. Who broke her. Who left her all alone. Who ran from his responsibility. It was you. Someone that I used to like. Someone that I fell for. I didn't know you're such a jerk Yujin-ah." She looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"I didn't know she was pregnant that time. If only I knew. I won't....." It throbbed me. I couldn't finish my own world. How cruel I am. I'm not a man of my own word. I promised her. But all I did is breaking all those.

"I won't hear any explanation from you. Wonyoung told me everything. You left without knowing. I even asked her to call you when you were in London but she refused saying she didn't want to bother you. Saying she'll tell everything when you come back. But..... You never did. You're such a loser Yujin-ah." Minju was right. I was a loser. I never come, not even once. I was a coward.

I sat there in the hospital canteen, keeping my head down. I'm a shameless person. After what I did, what I'm hoping for? Wonyoungie forgiveness? If she wake up and see me will she accept me again? Will she forgive me? Will she love me like she used to?

"Just lift your head. People might think I have a fling with someone, getting mad to you for not being responsible to us." Wuhhhh, that's offending.

I lift my head smiling stupidly to her. I wanna cry but not here.

"But how did you know? That it was me?" I couldn't keep my curiosity. I need to ask her.

"That was when she asked me to accompany her to explain everything to her parents. She needed someone with her. She asked me to be her guardian, her sister that she really trust." She drank her iced-chocolate through her plastic straw.