Chapter 48 - Hoping

Sunday morning is always the best when you're home with your family. That's what I feel right now. Though I'm not feeling quite well these days, Wonyoung and Wonjin always have their ways to brighten me up.

These past few days I can't sleep well nor eat well. I lose my appetite. I'm feeling weak. I feel like I don't have that energy when I work. Wonyoung usually brought me lunch to the clinic. About Wonjin, luckily the school bus is there to pick him up everytime. So I can save my time to rest.

It's just 9 on Sunday morning and I already lying lifelessly on the carpet in front of the TV. Why do I feel this way? I don't know. I'll ask Chaewon to come and check on me later. Wonjin is taking his bath after our breakfast. I promise to take him to the zoo today. As a very good Dad, I need to keep that.

Wonyoung. She finished everything early in the morning. Such a perfect wife. I didn't help her with the chores but she did everything smoothly. And fast. What a super woman. Wonyoung won't go out with us today. She need to see Guanlin again. It's about Junho of course. I offered taking her there, but she refused. She asked me to go with Wonjin instead. Or else Wonjin will sulk like a little baby. He is actually.

"Babe... Guanlin is downstairs. I'll go now. You can drive alone right?" Wonyoung stroked my hair, ready to leave.

"Uhmmm... You really leaving now? Why so soon?" I pulled her hand right before she walk.

"We need to settle the case as soon as possible Yujinnie. I really have to go now. Me and Guanlin will go to the police station today. We need to check on something." Wonyoung release her hand from mine and kissed my forehead.

"And you.... Don't push yourself too much. I told Minju eonnie about your condition. She'll be here later." She continued.

"But why Minju though? She's an obgyn specialist. I'm not like.... You know.... I....

"What?" Wonyoung raised her eyebrows looking confused.

"Ahhh--- never mind. You should go now. I'll just go with Wonjin." I sat and pulled her for a hug. "I'll miss you my baby...."

"Don't act like a kid. I'll be home. Before you even home." She pinched my stomach.

"Daddy! I'm done!" Wonjin came running to me and Wonyoung.

"Uhh! My buddy looking great huh?" I complimented him. He chose his own outwear. But he looks cool, just like me. Like father like son I can see. Hehehe

"Wonjinnie, take care of Daddy okay? Behave there. Be a good boy and listen to him." Wonyoung advice Wonjin before she leave us both. Wonjin just nodded and gave Wonyoung a kiss on her cheek. Wonyoung explained everything to him before. They made an agreement. That's why he didn't whine knowing Wonyoung isn't coming with us.

"Dad, you really okay you think?" Wonjin asked as he put his little hand on my forehead, checking my heat.

"No worry buddy! Your Daddy is a strong guy! I'm okay! We'll enjoy today!" I tried to look okay, excitedly shouting like a kid.

"But you looked weak at the moment. Really. We can just go out for ice cream at the nearby stall you know." He suggested. What a nice boy. But no, I promise him.

"How thoughtful you are. Your Mom raised you well. Daddy is fine boy. Let's go now shall we?" I stood and lift him up. "You're grown up a lot. You're heavier since the last time I carry you." I ruffled his hair and walked to the front door. Ready for the zoo!