Chapter 14 - Coming Home

It's been two years. I had finished my research. For free. Thanks to Professor Smith, I get to earned worthful experience and knowledge, expanding my insight about medical world, working in team. I met lot of people who helped me along the process.

My love life? Nah, don't ask me about it. After that night two years ago, I decided to end everything with Somi two weeks later. I think about it over and over again. I do fall for her that time but my love for 'that person' is way bigger. I can't hurt her any longer for not being someone she wants.

Flashback

"So? Have you think about it?" Somi asked, showing how frustrated she was. She decided giving me two weeks to reflect on myself.

I spend so many sleepless night answering all the questions to my heart. It wasn't easy yet I had no choice.

"Somi. I don't wanna hurt you. I don't want to make things harder. I do fall for you, but I don't think we turn out well. I'm sorry." I stared into her eyes giving her all my honesty.

We were just sitting in the evening park, with some people walked their dogs out, some play with their kids, some just exercising, some just sitting with their gadgets on and some munching hotdogs to fill their empty stomachs.

"You seriously want this? After two years? You never think about me don't you? Fall for me? Ha, funny!" She rolled her eyes sarcastically. She was totally mad. Who won't be? I hurted her.

We sat facing each other. There were two bench in opposite position with a rectangle shape wooden table in the middle. I could see her clearly. She's beautiful with her long straight grey hair. She wore a denim jacket with her pink T-Shirt and a long jeans. She also used her white converse, the one that I gave on her birthday.

I couldn't believe myself. I just let her go. Someone beautiful. She's smart, kind, friendly. She's perfect. Stupid me for still hoping for uncertainty.

"I'm really sorry Somi. I don't wanna hurt you any further. Let's just end this for our both sake." I held both her hands she put on the wooden table. I hope she can understand me.

"Ok. Let's do this. Thanks for everything Ahn Yujin. Thanks." She didn't sound true to me nor her. She let go of my hand, stood and walked away from me.

Somekind of déjàvu. I gave up. Again. I wasn't fighting for every relationship I'm in. I'm really an idiot huh? The boys weren't wrong for calling me idiot back in those days. I make fool of myself for dissipating every love and care I get.

End of Flashback

For the whole two years, I only focused on one thing. My research. That's all. When I get back to Korea, I want to implement everything I've learned to help people in need. I can open my own business too. With mom help of course. LOL!

I'm currently at London International Airport waiting for my flight. I can't wait to go back to Korea. I miss everything there. It's been six years. I left everything behind.

I never came back for a visit. Even on our holiday. I purposely did. Not even once. I feel lot nervous now. It'll be a surprise for mom. I didn't tell her I'm going back. I'll see mom real soon! God! I truly miss her.

Last time I saw mom, she lost weight. That was when she came for my graduation. But I didn't get to enjoy our time together since she had to go back immediately. She only stayed for three days.