Chapter 4 - It's Hurt

I thought I was brave. I tried to gather all my courage, all my confidence and ready for all the consequences. But I don’t think I could.

——————————————————

“Oppa, thanks for today. I really appreciate it. Everything was first for me. The bike, amusement park with just you and me. Thanks for the treat and everything.” Wonyoung said as we arrived in front of her house.

“My pleasure Wonyoung-ah. It’s healing. I need energy for tomorrow final game. And you just gave me all the energy I needed. I bet I will really win tomorrow.” I proudly said.

“Don’t forget our school also is the best in basketball. You know Chaewon oppa will play tomorrow right?” Of course I know. He’s one of the best player in their team. We watched their previous game and he was really good. He’s the ace I admit.

“Wanna bet?” I suddenly think of something.

“What?” Wonyoung seemed intimidated. “If I win, I’ll get a kiss from you. But if I lose you’ll get a kiss from me.”

“Euuwwwwww! Oppa! Seriously? Don’t you think you’re taking advantage of me?” She chuckled.

“Don’t you think it’s a win-win situation for us?” I joked. “Yeah, win for you.” She rolled her eyes.

“Come on! I was just kidding Wonyoungie.”

“Ouchh! That’s hurt.” I pinched her cheek roughly.

“How about you grant my wish if I win?”

“What wish?”

“Just a simple wish. I’ll ask for it when I really win.”

“Ok then. But if you lose then you’re the one grant me a wish.”

“That will be my pleasure princess.”

“Urggh! Enough with that sweetness. I’ll get in. See you tomorrow.”

After that talk I’m telling myself to win no matter what. I need you to grant my wish Wonyoung-ah.

I want you to be mine. So no one can talk to you the way I can, no one can look at you the way I do, no one can know you better than I am. I wanted to be the only one for you. That’s my only wish.

The Final Game

It’s the day. I must win. By hook or by crook. Chaewon, you better embrace yourself. Sorry Wonyoungie, you must grant my wish.

“Reaching this point already makes us as winner! You guys rock! I’m proud of you! Today I want you to play it cool and enjoy. We all knew how good they are. But be sure there’s no other team as good as us! We have such a great teamwork! Great players, great skills! Let’s just play and WIN!” Coach Lee with his words as usual. No matter what, it’s winning that matters. And I accept nothing but win! Wonyoung-ah, wait for me!

As the whistle blew, the game then started. It was tough since the first minute. We barely score. And same goes for Chaewon’s team. Both our team has great defend.

When the last minute came, I remembered about my deal with Wonyoung. Chaewon’s team got higher score than us with just 2 difference. I got no choice. I looked at the crowd and saw Wonyoung screaming supporting her school, which is Chaewon’s team. I smiled. She looked at me smiling.

“Thanks Wonyoungie. For that energy.” And by that I jumped and threw the ball high hoping for 3 scores shot! Every eyes in the hall was following the direction of the ball. Chaewon and his friends ran to block the ball. I could see Chaeyeon and Doah also running to block them. While me, stood there smiling looking right to Wonyoung. She’s really cute.

*whistle blow

“Final score, 108 – 109! Winner Hansung High School!” The referee announced. We jumped up high and punch to the air. Everyone including Coach Lee ran to the court and hugged me, messed my hair, punched me, hit me. Jiheon even tried to kiss me before I smacked his head.

I can’t wait to tell Wonyoung everything. She has to grant my one and only wish. I’ll confess to her. I was ready for every decision she’d make. But I do hope she’d accept my feeling. I was walking to the changing room with the boys while keep thinking about how should I confess to her.

After changing, we went outside. We were planning to go to the restaurant with buffet set. Of course it’s Coach Lee treats. Celebrating our winning! But that time.

It was really hurt. I wish I could just die at that moment. I just couldn’t stand it. I saw something that really breaks me. Wonyoung-ah, you really don’t have any feeling for me? Why would you choose him instead?

Wonyoung and Chaewon were kissing in front of the changing room. Shit! Fuck you Yujin! She doesn’t like you!
Who cares about winning when you’re actually lose? You’re such a loser Ahn Yujin!

I was broken and shattered. I felt like I lost in my own world. She is my world. She is.

"Dude! Are you okay?" Yena asked me when he saw me quiet along our way to the restaurant. It wasn't me.

I heard him. But I couldn't say anything. I couldn't think of anything. A glimpse of the previous incident I saw hit me, stabbed me. Real hard. I felt suffocated.

"Hey Yuj! Come on! We just won! Where's the fun?" Chaeyeon realized about my state when Yena elbowed him. I knew they care for me. I felt bad for them.

"Nothing guys. No worry okay? I just think about something." I lied, forcing a smile.

"Okay. But know that we'll always here anytime you need us." Yena tapped my back twice.

"Stupid! How can a duck listen to a puppy?" I forced my laughed hoping they won't notice. I was just trying to lift the mood. My own mood actually.

"Yahhh! Yahhh! That's mean!" Yena pouted acting cute that made us smacked his head and tangled his neck.

"Disgusting!" Seoyeon shouted.

We all laughed in the school bus. We're heading to where we can celebrate our winning after long and tiring games and practices. It was paid off. We won! I won!

But losing at the same time.

I hope you like this book. I just write what I want to based on my imagination. Feel free telling me your thoughts.
- NFS -