Chapter 44 - New Mess

I woke up in a....... Where is this? Okay. Hospital. I can tell by the smell. Wonyoung! Where is she now? God! I need to wake up!

"Urrgghhh!!" That's hurt. My upper stomach. A spot where I got stab.

"Yujinnie! Don't move! Just lay down could you?" Wonyoung! I'm not hearing voices aren't I?

"Yujinnie! You never listen to me! Stubborn!" She pushed me lightly and laid me down. She then pulled the hospital blanket to cover my body.

"Wonyoungie....?" I hesitantly asked. My sight is little bit blurry. I'm afraid I'm just imagining things.

"Well who do you think I am? Idiot! Now get back to sleep. You need to rest. That's what you get for not listening to me. I told you not to come but you still did. I shouldn't---

"Wonyoungie......" I sit again then pulled her into my arms.

"I'm sorry for not giving you my best protection. I know it's too late now. Please forgive me. I---"

"Ssshhhh... Hey... Look at me. I'm just fine. You protected me well. Don't blame yourself on what happened. Everything's okay now. Instead I'm the one who should be. I made you worry. I messed everything. You even got stab because of me. And all I did was crying. I'm sorry Yujinnie...."

She's standing beside the hospital bed. I'm sitting there still hugging her waist. I can feel her warmth again. She stroked my hair. Again. And again. I feel calm. I feel safe. Eeeyyy? I should make her feel safe instead. Stupid me.

I pulled her waist to sit beside me, right beside me on the hospital bed. I cupped both her cheeks and caressed them with gentle. I touched her injured lips with my thumbs and rubbed it softly.

"It's not your fault baby. I'm glad nothing happened to you--- no. I mean-- uhhmmmm.... What happened is already happened. We can't go back and change everything. I'm sorry baby. I couldn't save you--- I --- I'm just a useless husband."

"Hey. I told you babe.. I'm just fine. Just a little cut. You're the one who injured the most." She said putting her hands on mine, that still cupping her face.

"No... You injured the most... He done the worst to you.... And I----" I looked down. I can't look her in the eyes. I feel ashamed and guilty.

"What do you mean? Which part? The part he tasted me? The part he enjoyed me in the bed? Heheh, you're cute you know that." She pinched both my cheeks.

"What---"

"He didn't do anything like that. He just said anything he wants to make you mad. He did that to boil you." She smiled.

"But what's with those marks on your neck?! And the screaming I heard?!"

"These?" She pointed to her neck.

"He did suck me over here. But nothing more. He slapped me, torn my clothes and pulled my hair which made me screamed. It was hell. It's hurt. He tried to rape me but I kicked him right over there." She touched my junior. I flinched from her sudden action. What-- This girl is really something. She then smirked.

"Errmmmm!" I cleared my throat.

"I'm glad then.... Uhmmm-- You can protect yourself --- It's great!" Sweat dripping off me. My heart beating fast.