Chapter 30 - Can't Wait

Wonyoung just moved out from her house to ours. Wonjin too. This is what I've been dreaming of. Living with my small family in this not so huge apartment. I feel grateful. I won't ask for more as long as they're here, safe with me.

It's been few days after our marriage that day. The day we made our vows with honesty, commitment, trust. But we usually get awkward at times, especially when it comes to night. You know what I mean. LOL!

Today, everyone is here in our apartment. My Mom Sana, Mom Mina and Dad visiting us here.

"Mina-yah. I'll take care of Wonjin when they both leave. I feel so alone since Yujin live here." Mom Sana, Mina and my lovely wife are in the kitchen of our apartment. Cooking something.

"How 'bout your work? Let me take care of him. I know you have piled works to deal with." Mom Mina replied.

"It's okay. I'll take him with me. I'm bored enough facing the same people with the same activities everyday. I need him to entertain me. Hahaha!"

"Okay then. As you please Sana-yah. Heheh."

"Wonyoung-ah, why being quiet? You usually talk a lot." Mom Mina continued as she looked at Wonyoung.

"Nothing Mom." She smiled.

"Did Yujin do something bad again? Just tell us honey." Mom Sana asked.

"No, of course no. He treats me well. He's a good husband and father. It's just...... Uhmmmm..... I feel awkward around him. Sometimes. I just don't get use to this new life. Having him with us, it feels different." She said while chopping the vegetable.

"Hahaha, that's okay honey. You'll get use to that soon. In fact, you'll crave for his presence every second of your life." Mom Mina caressed her head.

"Yujin is so lucky to have you. No worry sweetheart. I know him well. I know how much he loves you and Wonjin. You can always trust him." Mom Sana assured, smiling while tasting the chicken soup.

"Oucchhhh! That's really hot!" Clumsy as she always be. Guess she forgot to blow it again.

I smiled from afar after I eavesdropped from the kitchen then walked to where Dad and Wonjin are.

I'm sitting in the living room with Dad and Wonjin. There's coffee and slices of cake on the small table in front of us. Wonyoung made it. She's really good in cooking. Such a wife material. Wonjin is just enjoying his ice chocolate and the cake while me and Dad are talking about us, the newlyweds.

"So..... How's marriage life?" Dad asked while sipping his coffee.

"It's just few days after our marriage Dad. Well, I can only say I love it. I love having them around. I'm happier now." I answered honestly.

"I know you've been through a lot even before the marriage. But in marriage life, you have to give it your all Yujin-ah. No matter what, your son and your wife must be your first priority. Put them first over everything. You must give your full attention, love and care to them. Protect them with everything you got. You become their shield now, you're the only one they can really trust and rely on everytime." He advised while looking to Wonjin, with his fatherly smile.