1.

Jimin walked through the rain with his umbrella hovering over him. He skipped and jumped in the rain puddles for fun.

He enjoyed the rain.

More than the average person. The rain was his favorite, favorite, type of weather. The sounds, the water, the way the clouds looked from above.

It was beautiful in his eyes.

Jimin was the type of person that tried to find beauty in everything. Even in the things people found ugly. So, that's why he always carried his polaroid camera to snap pictures of things he wanted to remember. 

He looked above through his clear umbrella and watched the way the raindrops splashed on it.

A smile was plastered on his face until he saw a boy sitting on the pavement looking down at his feet.

Any other person would've just left the boy alone. Not Jimin. He knew the feeling of loneliness very well and to have someone else feel that too?

He wouldn't allow it.

So, he quickly ran to the boy and hovered his umbrella over him. The pale boy looked up and Jimin noticed a purple bruise on his cheek.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

The boy stood up from the pavement and walked away. Jimin stood where he was observing him sit back down a few feet away.

"Oh, you like the rain too?" He wondered.

Silence.

"I'll give you my umbrella if you don't want to share it. I have a raincoat and you don't."

The boy kept his eyes on the ground not responding. Jimin threw his umbrella on the side finally catching his attention.

He looked at Jimin who smiled sweetly extending his arms. "I don't mind the rain. I'll get wet with you."

He didn't say a word just kept looking at the oddly excited younger boy. "Hey, whats your favorite color?" Jimin asked as he skipped around the water puddles.

"Mine is every color! They're all beautiful in their own way! I've been into yellow lately and I'm really in love with the way it makes me feel."

The older just kept staring wondering what could possibly be making him so happy. He hadn't felt that way in years.

A sudden envy fell over him. How he wish he could be as careless and free as him. He would give everything to have just a second of that feeling.

"I also like to write about things. For example, I like the texture of soft blankets. I write about how that makes me feel. I also love the rain! It's my favorite type of weather!" He beamed.

He gave him a big grin and the older replied with an annoyed expression. "Who the hell are you?"

"Silly me! I didn't even introduced myself. I'm-" Jimin couldn't finish his sentence because he quickly went back to looking at his feet and ignored him.

Jimin grew the courage to sit beside him. Not close enough to make him uncomfortable. He didn't want to be creepy either. He just wanted to talk to him.

"What happened to your cheek? I think I have a band-aid in my bag." He said as he removed his book bag from his back.

"It's a bruise not a cut you idiot." He snapped.

Jimin laughed, "That's right. I can be dumb sometimes. I think I have some cream here that can help with that. I carry stuff around in case of emergencies."

He gave him a cold look and Jimin quickly zipped his bag up. "Okay. Do you want something to eat? I live close by. My mom can make you something. Do you want to be my friend?" He smiled.

The older went back to looking at his feet. Why was this boy so fucking annoying? Why didn't he just leave him alone?

"Don't worry. The sky is crying with you. You're not alone." Jimin said softly.

"What do you know about loneliness? You wouldn't know nothing about my situation. You wouldn't know what it's like to be in my place. Go back to skipping puddles and stupidly spinning around you fucking weirdo. And no I don't want to be your fucking friend. You're so annoying."

He got up from the pavement and walked away leaving Jimin behind. He shook his head trying to smile as the tears brimmed his eyes.

He didn't mean it. He's hurt. He didn't mean to say that. He didn't mean it. Don't cry.

But, soon enough his chin started to quiver and he felt the hot tears fall from his face. Then he remembered that the sky was crying with him.

He wasn't alone after all.

•••

"I'm home mom!" Jimin screamed as he walked in the door. He folded his wet umbrella and put it to the side along with his rain boots and rain coat.

"Mom?" He repeated walking towards the kitchen. He was hoping his eyes weren't red from crying.

When he approached the kitchen he found his mom and dad sitting down at the kitchen table. His dad looked at Jimin and then got up and walked out the room.

"Is something wrong?" He wondered.

"Jimin, come here." His mom told. Jimin slowly walked to sit down next to her.

"What's the matter?"

"I'm going to take you out to shop for new clothes. Okay baby?"

"What? I just got new clothes mom. They're a so cool! I loved my overalls and my—"

"Your father wants me to throw those away."

"Why?" He asked with sadness.

"Because baby, he thinks they're too...he wants you to dress more mature now."

"Oh," he responded confused.

"Yeah, so we will go shopping tomorrow. Okay?"

"What's wrong with the way I dress?" He asked quietly.

"You wouldn't understand." His mom replied shaking her head.

"It's just clothes mom."

"Your father and I think if you continue to dress like that you will get picked on. We've noticed some of the kids make fun of you."

"No, they don't. They don't. They're my friends." He said with a sad smile. He knew they weren't. He also knew that what his mother said was true.

"Jimin,"

"Mom, I just don't understand—"

"Stop! We're buying new clothes and that's the end of that!"

"O-okay."

His mother's expression softened. "I'm sorry for raising my voice. I just need you understand, Jimin."

"Understand what?"

"That being wild and free and dressing colorful is dangerous for boys in this society."

Jimin didn't reply. He didn't understand what his mother had just told him. He didn't understand why dressing and acting the way he did was dangerous.

He was only ten after all.

•••

WARNING!!!
this story will be lots, lots, LOTS of angst. there will be hurtful names and homophobia involved. the characters in this story are NOT how they are in real life. i made them according to the story and what im trying to get across. i wanted to write a ff of what a person goes through just for being "different". this is dedicated to all of you that are going through something similar like this. much love to you all. thanks for reading <333