17.

"You have to come." Taehyung encouraged.

"I-I don't even have any cute clothes to wear." Jimin said.

"All your clothes is cute duh. If you want I can let you borrow something."

Jimin shook his head no, "Actually, it's not the clothes."

"Then what?"

He sighed looking around the cafeteria. Some people were staring at them and he knew they were talking.

One of the persons staring was Yoongi although Jimin didn't notice that. "They don't like me. I would look so stupid going to the school dance where no one wants me there."

"Uhh, excuse me? I like you. And they don't own the school. You can go wherever you want. I'll be there you won't have to worry about being alone."

Jimin smiled as his cheeks turned pink. "Really?" He wondered.

Taehyung grinned and quickly nodded. "Yes! Really."

"O-okay."

"Plus, I want you to show you something. Please." He said with the biggest boxy smile. Jimin's heart skipped a beat. How could he say no?

"Alright. I'll—I'll go."

"Perfect. I'll see you then. I have to go make up some assignment now. Bye!"

"B-bye." He smiled waving. When Taehyung was out the door he returned to eating his food. Yoongi still had his eyes on him without him noticing.

"Are you okay?" Jin asked Yoongi.

"Huh?" He asked snapping back to reality.

"You've been staring nowhere for like five minutes straight." He snickered.

Yoongi shrugged pushing his plate of food away. "I'm not hungry anymore."

"Can I have it?"

Yoongi nodded. His friends continued eating as his eyes slowly went to Jimin. Lately, he couldn't keep his eyes off him.

•••

"Let me see your hand." The teacher asked opening up a sharpie. Jimin extended his hand and she marked a big x on it.

"If you leave the dance you can't come back in without paying."

"Okay. T-thank you." He said walking through the door.

There was loud music playing, the room was dark with neon lights flashing everywhere. Everyone was with their group of friends socializing.

Jimin awkwardly stood by the door feeling his nerves intensify. It was so weird just standing there alone.

At times like that he wished he were popular. He wished people wanted to actually talk to him.

He made his way to the tables with the snacks to avoid being looked at. Taehyung wasn't there at the moment. He was the only reason he showed up.

Jimin poured himself some fruit punch and just as he was about to drink a guy came behind him and harshly pushed him. The table moved and Jimin gasped panicked.

The drink spilled over his hands and shirt. He looked at the red stain on one of the shirts that Taehyung had given him.

"Oops. Didn't see you there, spaz." He smirked.

Jimin kept looking at his shirt upset. It wasn't the fact that he had just been pushed or the fact that the guy just insulted him. All he cared about was the shirt.