2.

7 years later.

"Jimin!"

"I-I'm almost ready mom." He screamed shoving down his suitcase. Moving into a different school was nerve wrecking.

He hated the idea of it, but the teasing and bullying at his old school wasn't tolerable anymore.

Not that Jimin complained. In fact, he never complained. It was his mother who would notice it.

"Where are your glasses?" His father asked once he was downstairs. "I-uh-I wanted to ask if I could get contacts instead."

"Contacts? For what? Don't you know that women like smart men?"

Jimin nodded his head shyly. "Hurry. We will be late." He said turning away from him. "Bye. Take care. I will see you this weekend." His mom said planting a kiss on Jimin's cheek.

"Bye mom. It'll be great. I promise." He responded with a bright smile.

His mom smiled in return her heart slowly sinking. She didn't know how he did it. How he always smiled through it all. And she felt bad, for not sticking up for him. But what could she do? She was scared herself.

"I love you."

"I love you! Bye! Tell Jihyun I said bye."

"I will."

Jimin hurried out the door struggling to lift his heavy suit case. "Fuck. Can't you even do this? Haven't you been working out?" His father shouted taking it from him.

"I-I have."

"Let's go." He replied aggravated. His bike was already tied on the back of the car. That's how he would get around since his father didn't have enough patience to teach him how to drive.

He followed his father to the car and stayed in silence until he made an odd turn. "Why-why are we going this way?" Jimin wondered.

"A couple moved down the road from us."

"So?"

"It's one of those couples."

"Oh,"

"So, whenever you come back home I will need you to come around the other way."

"That's fifteen minutes longer..." he quietly replied.

"I don't care."

Jimin bit the inside of his lip. He couldn't say or do anything. He knew his father didn't care. He never did. So what was the point of wasting his breath?

•••

"Listen up,"

Jimin gulped looking at his father. "You need to step it up. I can't keep moving schools for your convenience. You're grown enough to step up to those guys. Don't let them push you around like that. Stop being so scared of everything or you will always be targeted. Stop smiling at them like that. They're not your friends."

"I'm just trying to be nice..." he whispered.

"Niceness won't get you anywhere you fool. You have to build yourself a reputation where people won't take advantage of you."