46.

Yoongi closed the door behind and walked towards the staircase. It had been a shit week. This world that he lived in was shit.

The only reason he had come home was because he didn't have any clean clothes for school.

Just as he got to the staircase, he saw broken glass by the living room. He instantly dropped his bag and ran to it.

The center table was flipped over and the window curtains on the floor. Yoongi's heart only raced seeing the mess.

"Mom?" He asked panicked.

"Mom?" He repeated louder.

He heard soft sniffles coming from the bathroom so he quickly ran there. His mom was standing in front of the sinking scrubbing a bloody rag to get the stain out.

Yoongi gulped and stepped up, "That mother fucker." He said with angry tears in his eyes. Her cheek was bruised and her nose bloody.

"I tripped and fell." She lied.

"Did you fall over the curtains too?" He snapped.

She turned to face him with a forced smile. "You know I'm so clumsy. I'll wash up. Nothing a little makeup can't cover up."

"Are you hearing yourself? Cover up with makeup? He did this to you. You didn't trip or fall. He hit you and you're calling it love."

"I know he loves me and I know he loves you—"

"Stop!" He screamed. She flinched stepping back in fear. Yoongi instantly softened when he saw her so scared.

"I'm not going to hit you. I would never hit you. I'm only trying to protect you." He whispered as the tears spilled from his eyes.

"He's going to change. He will."

"Really? How long will that be? He's been beating you since I can remember. When I see him again I swear on my fucking life I'm going to—"

"No, don't. It's okay. I'm okay. It's just a bruise. Just drop it, okay? Wash your hands I'll make you dinner."

Yoongi rubbed his forehead annoyed at what was just said. "A bruise? Just a bruise? What if one day he beats you to death? Would that be just a beating? Do you ever think of my feelings? Do you ever think of what the fuck I feel when I see you bruised and bleeding? It fucking hurts me. Loving you fucking hurts."

"Baby..." she said gulping the knot on her throat. She reached over with a shaky hand to caress his cheek softly.

"I'm going to ask you one more time to leave him. I'm about to graduate. I can get a full time job and I will take care of you. We will leave this shit town and leave him behind. You don't need him. Leaving him does not make you any less. You have to take care of yourself. Your body is your home and look at what he's doing to it." He said in disbelief.

"I...we can't leave him. We...we can't. What will people—"

"Fuck what people say. I want you to be safe. Please, leave with me. I'm going to leave either way because I can't stay here and watch him drain life out of you. I'm sorry I can't." He weeped.

She looked down at her feet with tears falling from her eyes. The thought of leaving her husband was not option for her.

She couldn't see how blinded she was by his toxic behavior. She was being manipulated into thinking it was love.

Of course she could see the abuse. She thought she deserved the beating and the cruel words. People that are abuse often don't think they are and that was the sad truth.