Horrible shopping trip

Chloe's POV a couple days later

Me and Peter were on a walk, getting out of the tower for a few hours.

I was thinking what I should make for dinner tonight.

I turned to Peter. "Hey Pete, do you mind if we go to the store real quick, I need to get some stuff for dinner tonight", I said. He smiled at me like the cute puppy he was. "Sure Chlo, lets go", he said grabbing my hand. I giggled and we made our way to the store.

"Grab whatever you want Pete, I'm buying", I said. I went to go get chicken, and beef for chicken and beef pot pie. I went to get the vegetables. Not the frozen ones.

I was looking at the vegetables. When I heard two girls talking.

"That lucky whore, she's probably just with them for their money, she isn't even that pretty, what a shame, their probably only with her because they have to", one said.

I looked over and saw them reading the magazine from the interview. I grew angry, and sad. I wanted to rip that magazine out of their hands and rip it apart. But I calmed down.

"Yea, What a lucky bitch, if I were her, I would use them for their money too, their filthy rich, and poor them, have to be with a ugly bitch like her", the other one said.

I stiffened, anger and sadness grew all over my body. I grabbed the vegetables and left. I didn't even know Peter was listening to them.

After getting everything, I got dessert, I was going to make a pie. Bless my soul, I love baking. I was going to make a lot of pie, I grabbed things to make a chocolate pie, a blackberry pie, lemon meringue pie, and a blueberry one.

I put everything in my basket. I soon saw peter at one of the checkouts, I saw one of the magazines, I grabbed one and put it in the basket. I saw the cashier.

He saw me. He looked shocked to see me. "Y-Your.....Y-Your......", he went to say something but I cut him off.

"Please don't", I said. He saw my expression and nodded. He rung up everything.

I looked and saw peter had grabbed a bag of chips. He had money laid down on the bag. Oh bless his soul.

I grabbed the money and stuffed it in his pants. I smirked. "I said i was paying and you can't say anything about it", I said. He pouted. I giggled and patted his head. I turned back to the cashier.

"How much?", I asked.

"77.23$", the cashier said.

I nodded and pulled out my credit card. I had all my money from before we moved. I saved a lot of it.

I swiped the card and punched in the pin. I pulled the card out.

"I knew she looked familiar, it's the girl from the magazine, she's probably using mr. starks credit card, money hungry bitch", one of the girls from earlier said.

I just ignored them. I smiled at the cashier. Who gave me my reseat.

"Thank you", I said. He smiled at me. I walked out of the store. Peter trailing after me. He faced me. "Chlo? Are you okay?", he asked me.

I looked at him and smiled. Even though I didn't feel happy. I wanted to make him think I was.

"I'm fine Pete, don't worry about it", i said kissing his cheek.