Chapter 15

Hershel was stitching up Daryl's side while he laid there with a map spread out in front of him, showing Rick where we had been when we found Sophia doll. "We found it washed up on the creek bed right there. She must have dropped it crossing there somewhere." Daryl told Rick "Cuts the grid almost in half." Rick said, "Yeah, you're welcome." Daryl says  "How's he looking?" You asked Hershel. "I had no idea we'd be going through the antibiotics so quickly. Any idea what happened to my horse?"  "Yeah, the one who almost killed me? If it's smart, it left the country." Daryl spat "We call that one Nelly, as in nervous Nelly. I could have told you she'd throw you if you'd bothered to ask. It's a wonder you people have survived this long." Hershel said while washing his hands. "He'll be alright." He told you. You gave him a sad smile saying Thank You.

  You were standing over by the window looking out at the farm as everyone left the room leaving you and Daryl alone. You couldn't help the tears that were falling down your cheeks. Daryl looked at you. He could hear you sniffling and he started feeling bad. "Y/N, hey I'm alright." He said softly. But you didn't move and he started getting scared that maybe you were mad at him. "You are not alright Daryl! For fuck sake, you fell down a fucking incline and impaled yourself with your own damn arrow, climbed halfway back up with that incline with the arrow in your side and fell again! Then while I was carrying your heavy ass back to camp that stupid ass bitch Andrea shot at you almost fucking killing you so now not only do you have stitches in your side but you have them in your head! So no, you're not fucking fine! You turned around and yelled while tears continued to run down your face. "I'm sorry. Come here." Daryl said, holding his hand out for you. He started getting nervous thinking what if she doesn't? But then he thought what if she does? When you did he forced himself not to flinch guiding you to lay down beside him. His heart rate picked up when you laid down cuddling against his side and putting for face in the crook of his neck. He covered up wrapping his arm around you tentatively.

Daryl noticed after about 10 minutes you fell asleep. He thought to himself how peaceful you looked. He was startled when the door opened. He covered himself up more and looked over to see Carol. "How are you feeling?" She asked, noticing you were sleeping, cuddled up to Daryl and she softly smiled. "As good as I look." Daryl said "I brought you some dinner. You must be starving." She said sitting down the tray. Carol stood there seeming in thought and then walked over to him and leaned down giving him a kiss on the head. "Watch out, I got stitches," Daryl whispered, flinching a little. "You need to know something. You did more for my little girl today than her own daddy ever did in her whole life." Carol told him "I didn't do anything Rick or Shane wouldn't have done." Daryl said not feeling comfortable with this conversation. "I know. You're every bit as good as them. Every bit." Carol told him and he didn't know what to say. Carol walked out, closing the door behind her.

"She's right ya know." Daryl heard you startling him. "Thought you were sleeping. Carol brought food." He said. You sat up looking at him, placing your hand on his cheek. Daryl tried to not flinch and forced himself to nozzle into your hand. "Daryl?" "Hmmm" "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." You whispered to him. Daryl felt his stomach flip flop, his heart racing and he started shaking a little. What he was going to do would change everything and he hoped that you wouldn't reject him. He has never had these kinds of feelings, has never been with a girl that Merle didn't pay to be with him. Daryl has never even been in a relationship, never even tried to be that guy who just went up to a girl and started hitting on her. But with Y/N It was different. She didn't make him feel like he was worthless or a nobody. She seemed to really care about him. Daryl lifted his hand and brushed a strand of hair behind your ear then placed it on your neck with his thumb stroking your cheek. You'll admit it surprised you and excited you at the same time. He gulped, forcing himself to look at you in those beautiful E/C eyes of yours. "Daryl?" He heard you whisper then he leaned in and kissed you lightly on the lips. When he noticed you didn't kiss him back he started pulled away feeling stupid and embarrassed, then he slowly started to get pissed off. He looked at you and you still had your eyes closed.

  You were looking at Daryl, his hand on your neck and his thumb stroking your cheek. You saw him gulp and then lean in. When you felt his lips softly touch yours you froze you were shocked. You never thought Daryl would ever make the first move. You were so shocked that you forgot to kiss back and regret it as soon as you felt him pull away. You slowly opened your eyes seeing him looking at you. His cheeked red and the way to the tip of his ears and he looked a little mad. You looked at him, your heart racing, your hands slightly shaking and those damn butterflies erupted in your stomach.  A huge smile spread across your face.

  Daryl saw you smile at him making the anger fade but he was still embarrassed. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't..." "NO! No. It's okay Daryl I'm just a little shocked, but I liked it. Do you think we could try that again? I promise I'll kiss you back this time." Daryl chewed on his lip, nodding. You leaned forward and put your lips on his. He instantly kissed you back. It wasn't hungry or full-blown making out like horny teenagers. It was soft and sweet like he was trying to be gentle with you. You knew he was nervous and probably not used to any of this. Daryl wasn't that kind of person to just grab a girl, push her up against a tree, and have his way with her. You wouldn't be afraid to but he had never even ever been in a relationship before. You both pulled away blushing. "We better eat before Carol comes back in here and feeds us herself," Daryl said. You smiled and laughed getting up and walking around the bed.

Daryl could get used to that laugh and he wanted to. You handed him a plate when he sat up and then sat in the chair beside the bed. "Stop staring at me and eat." You laughed blushing. Daryl smiled and decided to be brave. He was deciding to be brave a lot around you, you made him feel like he could without being judged. "Maybe I'd rather eat you." He said with a smirk winking at you. "Oh my God Daryl! You dirty dirty man." You said laughing. Daryl just laughed with you. "Where is all this conference coming from? Not that I'm complaining." Daryl just shrugged "don't know just feel comfortable around ya. Ya make me feel different." He confessed looking down at his plate. You smiled, "Well that's good." You said. You both continued to eat with a comfortable silence between you.