Chapter 108

Chapter 108

You followed Negan down the hall and down the stairs. He opened the door and you walked out into another hall. Turning the corner you walked through open doors and walked onto a grated platform. He had you and carl stand on either side of him. Looking out over everything you saw a bunch of people and tables set up, which looked like a living quarter that was separated by sheets. There was a big oven looking thing in the wall that was being stoked. You could see a man being placed in a chair and his hand and feet were tied to it. The doctor was there and five women all in a black dress.

Looking around more you spotted Daryl with a broom in his hands. He looked up to see you and Carl beside Negan. He looked right at you and you nodded your head to let him know you were alright. Once everyone noticed Negan was there they all kneeled like he was a king or something. You rolled your eyes and shook your head slightly. This day just keeps getting worse and worse. Negan looked at you and Carl and smiled.

"Hold that for me," he said handing carl Lucille and walking down the stairs and up to the guy in the chair. "You know the deal. What's about to happen is gonna be hard to watch," he says to the people that stop doing what these were to listen. "I don't want to do it. I wish I could just ignore the rules and let it slide, but I can't. Why?" He says. "The rules keep us alive," everyone replies. "That... is... right. We survive. We provide security to others. We bring civilization back to this world. We are the Saviors. But we can't do that without rules. Rules are what make it all work. I know it's not easy. But there's always work. There is always a cost. Here, if you try to skirt it if you try to cut that corner..." he says and Chuckles. "Then it is the iron for you."

What the hell does he mean by that? You wondered. Dwight reaches into the oven with a long hooked pole and brings out an old fashioned iron. Negan puts on a special pair of gloves as to not burn his hands. You then realize what he's going to do as the man in the chair starts to move around. You can see a small framed blond in one of the black dresses that you can only assume are Negans wives crying. Dwight walks over to Negan and he takes the iron off the pole.

  "Mark I'm sorry. It is what it is," Negan says and then presses the hot iron to the side of the man's face. He screams and thrashes around until he goes still. The blonde girl ran out of the room crying one of the other girls following her. You're horrified at what you just saw. "Ah, that wasn't so bad, now, was it?" Negan asked looking down at the man. "Jesus. He pissed himself. Clean that up. Doc, I'm all done. Do your thing. Oh and take our new nurse here Adam. A little birdie told me he was a trauma nurse before all this shit happened," he said with a smirk. "Isn't that right?" He asked Adam slapping a hand down on his shoulder. "Yes... yes sir," Adam said looking down. The lifted the man up into a Gurney and wheeled him off.

"Well, the pussy passed out. But it's settled... we're square. Everything is cool. Let Mark's face be a daily reminder to him and to everyone else that the rules matter. I hope that we all learned something today because I don't ever... want to have to do that again," Negan says as he walks back up the stairs to you an Carl. "Some crazy shit, huh? You probably think I'm a lunatic," he says to you. "What is wrong with you?! You could have killed that man doing that. Us that what happened to Dwight's face? You ironed him too," you said. Negan just licked his bottom lip and smirked "Come on. Let's go figure out what to do with you," he said putting an arm around Carl's shoulders and you walked away.

  You ended up going back to Negan's room. You walk in and take a seat on the couch with Carl in the chair opposite of you and Negan sits beside you. "I wrap up my face now?" Carl asks. "No, you absolutely cannot," he tells him. "Why the hell not?!" Carl says angrily.   Negan Chuckles "Look at this badass. You can't because I'm not done with you. And I like looking at your disgusting, rad-ass, badass eye, so it's staying put," Negan says. You glare at Negan. "What? You got something to say?" Negan says to Carl.

  "Why haven't you killed me? Or my dad or Daryl or Y/N?  "Daryl... is gonna make a good soldier for me. You see, he thinks he's holding it together... but you saw it. Your dad? He's already getting me great stuff. Y/N She's too important with being a nurse and all. You, on the other hand... Well, we shall see. It's more productive to break you. More fun, too. You think that's stupid?" Negan says. "I'm thinking we're different," Carl tells him. "Mm. You're a smart kid. What do you think I should do? You know I can't let you go. So, do I kill you? Iron your face? Chop off your arm? Tell me. What do you think?" Negan asks. "I think you should jump out the window to save me the trouble of killing you," Carl says with a deadpanned expression.

You look at him with wide eyes. He has grown so much since the quarry.  He's a natural leader you can see it. Negan Chuckles "Oh! Now, there is the kid that impressed the hell out of me," Negan says. "I think you're not saying what you're gonna do to me because you're not going to do anything. If you knew us, if you knew anything, you would kill us. But you can't," Carl says. "Hoo. Maybe you're right. Maybe I can't," Negan says. He claps his hands and stands up. "Let's go for a ride, kid. Come on you too," he says. You both stand up looking at each other and follow Negan.

You follow him outside where you see other men in the same type outfit Daryl is in. They're dealing with the walkers that are secured to the fence. You spot Daryl out there with them. He looks over at you with questioning eyes. You give a shrug and shake your head. "Daryl!" You yell as you see a walker getting a little to close. He turns and pushes the walk back and pins him to the fence. Negan looks at you and smirks. "You seem worried, so I'm taking the kid home along with Y/N," Began says. Your head snaps towards him "What?" You say surprised. "You can go home looks like I don't need you. So I'd be appreciative," he says. "Umm yeah thank you," you say looking back at Daryl. "If you do anything to him or her..." Daryl says going over to you but is cut off.  "Dwight! Daryl needs a time-out. Put him back in his box for a while," Negan says.

  You couldn't stop yourself and ran over and flung yourself at Daryl. Wrapping your arms around his neck and burying your face in his shoulder. You could feel him wrap his arms around your waist hesitantly. "I'll get you out I promise," you said. "Don't worry about me I'll get out and be back with ya before ya know it. I love ya," he said. You had tears running down your face and he pulled you back kissing your forehead. "I love you," you said. Dwight came over and took him by the arm and started dragging him away. You got into the truck and took off to Alexandria.