Chapter 49

You headed to the library the next morning for a council meeting. Daryl, Carol, Hershel, Glenn, and Michonne are already there. "Sorry I'm late, someone didn't wake me," you said sitting beside Daryl. "It's spreading. Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb, and now others." Hershel informed you. "Oh, Jesus." Daryl said. "So what do we do?" Carol asked. "First things first. Cell block A is isolation. We keep the sick people there like we tried with Karen and David." You said. "What the hell are we gonna do about that?" Daryl asked. "Ask Rick to look into it. Try to make a timeline whose where when. But what are we gonna do to stop this?" Carol spoke. "There is no stopping it." Hershel told her. "You get it, you have to go through it." You continued. "But it just kills you?" Michonne said. "The illness doesn't. The symptoms do." Hershel turned around facing her. "We need antibiotics." You said. "We've been through every pharmacy nearby. And then some." Daryl told you.  "That veterinary college at West Peachtree Tech, that's one place people may not have thought to raid for medication. The drugs for animals there are the same we need." Hershel said. "I completely forgot about that place.That's 50 miles." You said. "Too big a risk before. Ain't now. I'm gonna take a group out. Best not waste any more time." Daryl said standing up. "I'm in." Michonne said. "You haven't been exposed." Hershel told her. "Daryl has." You said. "You get in a car with him..." Hershel started. "He's already given me fleas." She said with a smirk.

  "I can lead the way. I know where everything is kept." Hetshel said. "When we're out there, it's always the same. Sooner or later we run." Daryl told him. "I'll go with I know the place too. "I can draw you a map. There are other precautions I feel we should take." Hetshel said. "Like what?" Carol asked. "There's no telling how long it'll be before Daryl and his group return. Wouldn't it make sense for us to separate the most vulnerable? We can use the administration building. Separate office, separate room." Hershel began. "Who is the most vulnerable?," Asked Glenn."The very young." You said. "What about the old?" Glenn asked.

  You walked to your cell and got your back pack and made sure the clip in you gun was full along with the two extra you carry with you. You headed down the stairs and outside. You see Daryl at the car checking the oil and making sure it was gassed up. You headed towards him hearing someone call for you "Y/N! Wait up!"  But you didn't stop til you were beside Daryl. Daryl looked up seeing Adam running towards you yelling for you. "Your Boyfriend's lookin for ya" Daryl said harshly. "Daryl.." You began but Adam ran up to you. Michonne came up "son of a bitch is about a quart low." Daryl told her. "We still keep it in the bottom of tower three?" She asked. "Yeah," Daryl told her. "Hey! I'm glad you're here." He told her to wipe his hands off with the red rag he had. "Where else would I be?" She asked. "Running off," he told her. "You know I'm not running off. He looked at her and nodded, going back to looking the car over and she went to get the oil.

  Daryl looked over to see you talking to Adam. He couldn't take it any more. "Let me come with you. I can help," he heard Adam say. Before you could say anything Daryl came over saying "We don't need or want yer damn help! Just fuck off!" You turned around looking at Daryl with wide eyes, his face red, clenched, fist at his side's. "Daryl!" "Nah. He just wants to go so he will be all over ya! And ya'd let 'em too! Daryl yelled. "The fuck ate you talking about?!" You asked him. He looked over seeing Adam smiling. "I see the way he touches you! Always trying to grab your ass!" He yells jumping at Adam who steps back. You step in front of Daryl turning around and looking at Adam. "Maybe you should go help Hershel while we're gone. Pulse there's no room Tyreese and Bob are going too." You said. Adam looked Daryl up and down then looked at you "Yeah, sure anything for you," he said, staring Daryl down. Daryl growled jumping forward but you stopped him.

  "We'll talk about this later when we get back and everyone gets meds into them." You said kissing his check. You sat in the back with Bob and Tyreese with Daryl driving and Michonne in the passenger's seat. You drove out of the gate and down the road. "Hey. I know you weren't running off. The thing is that the trail went cold. You know that right?" Daryl said looking over to Michonne his right hand on the wheel as he leaned on his left against the door. Michonne didn't say anything so he continued. "If it was any different I'd be right out there with you" he told her. Michonne had been looking for the governor ever since he and his two henchmen went missing.  Michonne just looked over at him not saying anything.

  Daryl started playing with the radio when you thought you heard voices. "Can you hand me one of those CDs," Daryl asked Michonne "Wait what is that?" You said leaning forward. "Is that a voice?" Bob asked. Daryl shushed him. Playing around with the radio you tried listening to see what they were saying. When all of a sudden a walker was on the road in front of you. Daryl hit the breaks and swerved around the walker and clipped another before he came to a complete stop. Looking in front of you, you see a herd of walkers bigger than the one at the farm. The walkers surrounded the car and Daryl started backing up. "Grab something!" He said. "Go to the left" Michonne told him but when he went to go he couldn't because we were on a pile of walkers. "We're jammed up. Make a run for the gaps right there. You two, you make a run for the woods and you don't stop for nothing, you hear me? Now! Move!" Daryl said. Bob opened the door, killing the walkers that got to close so you could get out. You ran after Michonne and Daryl leaving Bob to get Tyreese. You ran into the woods Daryl grabbing you pulling you with him Go! Come on!" He said. You ran for a little before he stopped "Hold up." He said loading his crossbow.  A couple walkers came out of the trees and Daryl went to kill them when one went down Tyreese stumbling out of the trees behind them dropping to his knees. Daryl killed the other Bob grabbing Tyreese as you all ran off just as more walkers were coming out of the trees.