Chapter 33

The next day everyone was up early. We were all sitting in the area with the tables eating and talking. Rick came through the door from the hall. "Just wanted to check on Carl," he said. "You have a beautiful healthy little girl, Rick." You said but he just looked down. "What have you been doing there?" Glenn asked him. "Killing walkers. Killed about two dozen of them." He said. "We can help ya with that." Daryl told. "No. I'm good on my own. I gotta go back." Rick said, turning around and going back into the tombs.

  Carl, you, Daryl and Oscar, the one prisoner that survived, went into the tombs opposite of Rick. You were walking looking in the cells and checking to make sure the body's on the floor were dead and not just undead.  You were walking behind Daryl and Carl when you heard Daryl start talking to Carl you didn't want to listen in but you couldn't help it, you didn't know much about Daryl's past. "You know, my mom, she liked her wine. She liked to smoke in bed. Virginia Slims. I was playing out with the kids in the neighborhood. I could do that with Merle gone. They had bikes, I didn't. We heard sirens getting louder. They jumped on their bikes, ran after it, you know, hoping to see something worth seeing. I ran after them, but I couldn't keep up. I ran around a corner and saw my friends looking at me. Hell, I saw everybody looking at me. Fire trucks everywhere. People from the neighborhood. It was my house they were there for. It was my mom in bed burnt down to nothing." You wanted to hug him and tell him you were sorry but kept looking in the cells as he continued. "That was the hard part. You know, she was just gone. Erased. Nothing left of her. People said it was better that way. I don't know. Just made it seem like it wasn't real, you know?" Daryl told Carl. Carl looked at Daryl and said "I shot my mom. She was out. Hadn't turned yet. I ended it. It was real." Daryl looked at him. "Sorry about your mom." Carl said. "Sorry bout yours," Daryl said. You walked up to them putting your hand on Daryls shoulder saying "Come on."

  You were walking by a cell when you heard Oscar say "Oh, that's what I'm talking about. Yeah, buddy." As he walked into the cell picking up a pair of blue slippers.  "What the hell you need slippers for?" Daryl asked.  "You know, end of the day, relaxing." Oscar said. You giggled shaking your head." You were walking down the hall when you saw a walker in front of a storage door. "That's Carol's knife." Daryl said, pulling it out of the walker's neck. "You guys go head back, I'll catch up. I just need sumtime to m'self" Daryl said. Oscar and Carl started walking back but you stood there waiting. You didn't want to leave him alone, you needed to make sure he was alright first. "Daryl? You alright?" You said walking over to him. He turned away from you when you walked up to him, you went to grab his hand and he pulled away, turning around yelling at you "I said leave me alone! I don't want ya hear! Now leave!" You stepped back looking down and just nodded, walking away and going back to the cell block.

  You were outside talking to Rick. "Was it quick?" He asked you. You looked over at him and nodded "Yeah, she made a promise to save the baby. I'm so sorry Rick," you told him tears brimming your eyes. "He put his arm around your shoulder pulling you to his side. "You did what you had too Y/N and I thank you for saving my daughter." You gave him a sad smile. You looked out to the fence and noticed a woman walking up to the fence with a basket. "Rick look," you said pointing to the fence. Carl was standing beside you looking down too. "Should we help her?" You asked As you started running down the path to the front gate. "Carl!" Rick yelled. "shit." You said as walkers started surrounding you. "Is she bit?" Carl asked As he helped take out the walkers and licked up the basket that was full of formula. "Gunshot." Rick said. The women had passed out so Rick picked her up putting he on his shoulder and you walked back to the cell block. 

  "Carl, get a blanket. Beth, water and a towel." You said.  "She's not coming in the cell blocks',"Rick said.  The woman went to grab for her sword but Rick was faster. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Steady now. All right. All right. Thank you. Shh. It's alright. It's all right. Hey, hey, look at me. Look at me. Who are you? Hey, it's all right. Hey. Hey. No. We're not going to hurt you unless you try something stupid first, all right?" Rick told her. "Rick. Who the hell is this?" Daryl said coming in the room pointing to the woman on the floor. "You wanna tell us your name? You wanna tell us your name?" Rick asked but the woman just looked at him with an untrusting look. "Y'all come on in here." Daryl said "Everything all right?" Rick asked  "You're gonna wanna see this." Daryl told him. "Go ahead. Carl, get the bag. We'll keep this safe and sound. The doors are all locked. You'll be safe here. And we can treat that." Rick told her. "I didn't ask for your help." She spat. "Doesn't matter. Can't let you leave." Rick said, walking into the cell block. "Either Hershel or I will be back to clean that wound for you." You told her and walked in the cell block closing the door. "Oh, God. Thank God. Thank God. Thank God. How?" Rick said you could see who it was as you stood in the back. "Solitary. Poor thing fought her way into a cell. Must have passed out. Dehydrated." Daryl said. Beth brought the baby in and you heard the person say "I'm sorry. Oh, God."

  You moved forward to see it was Carol and she had the baby in her arms. You smiled at her and nodded your head. You, Daryl, Rick, and Hershel walked back in where the woman was. She had her sword up ready to attack if need be. "We can help you but you're gonna have to tell us how you found us and why you were carrying the formula." Rick said.  "The supplies were dropped by a young Asian guy with a pretty girl." She told you. "What happened? Were they attacked?" You asked. "They were taken," She said. "Taken? By who?" Rick daid. "By the same son of a bitch who shot me." She hissed. "Hey, these are our people. You tell us what happened now!" Rick said, kneeling down grabbing her wounded leg. "Don't you ever touch me again!," She said. "You'd better start talking. You're gonna have a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound," Daryl said, pointing his crossbow at her. "Find 'em yourself," She said. "Hey, shh, shh, shh. Put it down." Rick said. Daryl put his crossbow down and she put her sword down.

"You came here for a reason." He told her. She looked at you and said "Thank You." You nodded and gave her a small smile. Standing up and walking to one of the tables and sitting down Daryl still hasn't said anything to you.  "There's a town. Woodbury. About 75 survivors. I think they were taken there." "A whole town?" Rick asked. "It's run by this guy who calls himself the Governor-- pretty boy, charming, Jim Jones type." She told him. "He got muscle?" Daryl asked. "Paramilitary wannabes. They have armed sentries on every wall."  "You know a way in?" Rick asked her. "The place is secure from walkers, but we could slip our way through," She said. "How'd you know how to get here?" You asked her. "They mentioned a prison, said which direction it was in, that it was a straight shot," She said. "This is Hershel, the father of the girl who was taken. And this is Y/N. They'll patch you up." Rick said.