Chapter 40

Daryl, Rick and Hershel were going to meet the governor. Well Rick was meeting with the governor. Daryl and Hershel were going as backup. "I'm going too," you said, grabbing your gun and two clips and putting them in your holster on your thigh and putting your knife and machete on her belt. "Nah huh, ya staying here." Daryl said. You looked at him cocking your head putting your hands on your hips giving him thst who the fuck do you think you are look. "I'm going to end..of..story," you said walking outside. Rick looked over at Daryl, his face turning red from embarrassment and from being angry. Rick just chuckled and patted him in the shoulder.

  Daryl walked outside to see you laying on his bike. Your head up by the handlebars and your feet on the seat. He stopped and just stared at you. Your eyes were closed, hands behind your head, your left leg bent up a little while your right leg was straightened out. He rubbed his chin, looking you up and down,  dirty thoughts going through his head. "I'd say take a picture but ya know," he heard you say, snapping him out of his thoughts. Great now he was hard he thought and he's gotta ride with you behind him holding on to him. You were looking at him smirking which only made him shuffle from foot to foot uncomfortable. He walked towards you "Get up we're leaving." He said a little harshly. He wasn't mad at you, he was mad at the situation. You sat up whispering sorry letting him get on the bike and climbing on behind him. He felt you put your hands hesitantly on his side instead of wrapping your arms around him. Great job Daryl, you made her think you're mad at her.

    Rick and Hershel came out and got in the car. Daryl made a split decision and grabbed your hands pulling them around him. He didn't know how to tell you it wasn't you so he hopped doing that to show he wasn't mad at you. Daryl pulled out first to take the lead driving down the path and out of the gate Rick closed behind.

  You pulled into the meeting spot of an old mill. Daryl parked, Rick parking behind him. You and Daryl got off  his bike, Hershel and Rick getting out of the car. Rick came over to Daryl telling him to keep an eye out. Daryl looked over to see you slide up on the hood of the car laying back against the windshield putting you arm over your eyes, one leg bent one leg straight just like on the bike. He roamed your body licking his lips. Damn you he thought. Were you doing this on purpose to fuck with him? Daryl started to have those dirty thoughts again. In his head he would grab you by the ankles pulling you down towards him, putting his hands on either side of you and leaning in to growl "You trying to get yourself fucked right here?" In your ear. But in reality he would just stare too shy to do anything afraid you'd regret him. He still couldn't understand why you liked him, a redneck nobody who did whatever his older brother said they were going to do.

  A truck pulled up bringing Daryl out of his thoughts. Andrea jumped out walking over towards him. "What the hell? Why's  your boys already there?" Daryl  growled "He's here?" Andrea asked, walking towards the building Rick and the governor were in. "Maybe I should go inside." "The Governor thought it best if he and Rick spoke privately." One of the governor's men said. You slide off the hood standing close to Daryl.  "Who the hell are you?" You asked. "Milton Mamet." The guy with the glasses said. "Great. He brought his butler." Daryl scuffed. "I'm his advisor." Milton said. "What kind of advice?" You asked. "Planning. Biters. Uh, you know, I'm sorry. I don't feel like I need to explain myself to the henchmen and his sidekick." Milton said. "You better watch your mouth, sunshine." Daryl growled at him. "I'm his girlfriend, not some side kick!" You growled more to yourself than anyone.
"Look, if you and I are gonna be out here pointing guns at each other all day, do me a favor, shut your mouth and keep your bitch quiet." The other guy said. "You son of a bitch!" You said walking forward but Daryl wrapped his arm around your waist pulling you back. "We don't need this. If it all goes south there, we'll be at each other's throats soon enough." Hershel said.

"Andrea came back out of the building sitting on a bench beside the door. You hopped back up on the hood of the car Daryl standing in front of you pacing. "There's no reason not to use this time together to explore the issues ourselves," Milton said. "Boss said to sit tight and shut up," the other guy told him. "Don't you mean the governor," Daryl said looking at him. You put one arm around Daryl waist leaning your head on his back to try and keep him calm. The guy looked at Daryl. Milton spoke once again saying "it's a good thing. Them sitting down, especially after what happened. They're going to work it out, nobody wants another battle." "Is that what you call a battle?" You said. "I would call it a battle. And I recorded it." Milton said, holding up a little book. "For what?" Daryl asked. "Someone's gotta keep a record of what we went through. It'll be part of history." Milton told him. "That makes sense," Hershel said. "I've got dozens of interviews.." Milton started saying to Hershel when you heard a growling.

  You looked towards the silos where you heard the walker. Jumping down you grabbed you machete, Daryl taking his crossbow off his shoulder and the governor's man getting in the truck pulling out a bat, Andrea stood up pulling her knick out walking towards the silos. You all ran to where the walkers were. Daryl stopped looking at the other guy saying "After you." "Oh no after you," the guy said back. "Really do we need to have a, who's dick is bigger contest right now!" You growled Andrea walked past you guys rolling her eyes pushing the walker up against the silo standing her knife through its eye. "Pussy" the guy said, looking at Daryl walking over twirling his bat and smashing the Walkers head against the silo looking back at you and Daryl smiling. Daryl just shrugged walking forward shooting a bolt in a walker's head. The guy twirled his band and had a walker in the head. You just stand back and watch them have their whose dick bigger contest. Daryl shot another walker through the eye. It went straight through her eye sticking in the neck of the Walker behind it. The guy was going to hit the walker with his Bat but Daryl pulled out his knife and threw it hitting the Walker right in the middle of the forehead.

  Daryl retrieved his knife going to the pockets of the Walker finding a package of cigarettes. "Look what he's got." He said showing it to the other guy. Daryl pulled one of the cigarettes out and lit it offering one to the other guy. "Nah, I prefer menthols."  "Douchebag. You army or something?" Daryl said. "Nah, I just-- just hate these things" he said. Yeah.After what they did to my wife, kids."  "Sucks." "Thanks." You stood beside Daryl looking out for walkers. "This is a joke, right? They ain't gonna work anything out. Sure, they'll do their little dance and tomorrow, the next day... they'll give the word." The guy said, looking at you and Daryl. "I know," Daryl said, looking back. you just looked down. The guy put lotion for Daryl to give him a cigarette and not pull them out. I was in my pocket and handed him one.

You walked back to the building where the meeting was just as Rick was coming out with the governor. You and Daryl got back on his bike and wrapped her arms around him, Rick and Hershel getting in the car and the governor had men and Andrea getting in the truck and you all drove off. You drove back to the prison driving up the path, into the gate and into the courtyard. You got off the bike Daryl wrapping his arm around your shoulder. "Let's get inside," Rick said. You were all in the cell block looking at Rick.  He nodded his head "sat with them for quite a while." He said. "Just the two of ya?" Merle asked. Rick nodded his head. "Shoulda gone while we had the chance" Merle said walking off. "He wants the prison. I Want us gone.  Dead. He wants us dead. For what we did to Woodbury." Rick said. Everyone was silent as you moved closer to Daryl, him putting his arm around your waist pulling you even  closer. "We're going to war." Rick said, walking away. Everyone went their separate ways, you and Daryl going up to your cell.