Chapter 118

Okay so I kinda flew through season 9. But I want to get to season 10. I want to get those chapters out before the finale episode so I'm ready for season 11 which is rumored to have 24 episodes. It'll be the last season of red which makes me sad but at least there still going to be lots more spin offs like Daryl and Carol spin off.

Chapter 118

Winter had came and there was a big storm coming. The kingdom had fallen so they were moving to hilltop and Alexandria. Some of us Alexandrians were helping them move. After Henry Carol pulled away from Ezekiel. It was a rough winter. On our way we had to stop and take refuge in the sanctuary. It was abandoned had been for years.

Lydia was still feeling responsible for what her mother had done. Having her around really made motherly instincts come out in me. I had baby fever. I still hadn't talked to Daryl about it. But seeing him with lydia made that baby fever worse. I k re he would be an amazing father.

As we made fires in barrels to stay warm I sat on the old rusty metal stairs thinking about what it would be like to have a baby woth the man I loved for so many years. I knew if I did get pregnant he'd get more protective then he already is. The storm outside howled as it slammed us with the first storm we've seen.

"Whatcha doin over here by yer self?" Daryl said.

Looking up I smiled at him and he sat beside me wrappingvhiscarms around me. "Thinking," was my answer.

"Bout what?" He asked.

"Umm.. I don't know if this is the place to talk about that," I said.

"We're going to be here for awhile," he said.

I turned towards him so I could look into his eyes.  I guess now was as good of a time as any. And there really was never going to be a good time to talk about a baby. If I was going to do then it had to be now or o never would. "Okay. But you can't freak out. Promise me. No freaking out, no shiting me out, no closing up, no getting mad," I listed.

"All right. I promise I'll try not ta freak out," he said.

I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I... I want... i want a baby," I said whispering the last part and closed my eyes.

He didn't say anything just sat there. I slowly opened my eyes to see the look on his face. He looked scared? Mad? Confused? It was hard to tell. "Daryl?" I asked. Great input him into shock.

"A baby?" He asked.

"I'm sorry. Forget it. I know Its a dumb idea and could never happen. Not in this world. But it's all I think about. I see you with lydia and Judith and RJ. All the other kids. When I saw you with Judith after she was born I knew.  I knew I wanted thst with you one day. I hoped we'd find a safe place one day and we could settle down or at least as settled as we can in this world. And may be start a family if our own. I know you'd be an amazing father. And I know you think you couldn't be because of your past. But you're not your father Daryl. I love you. I've loved you for 9 years. But I understand that's not what you want and I respect that. I enjoy having Lydia with us she makes me feel like a mother. I guess I just thought having a a baby that's made of the two of us would complete everything. But no matter what baby or no baby I'll always love you and in happy with you," I finally finished.

I could feel the tears in my eyes and I blinked an them back. I shouldn't have said anything.  Now he was freaked out and would close himself off to me and avoid me. He'd be afraid to touch me again. I looked away and looked down at my hands trying really hard not to cry and draw attention to us.

I felt Daryls hand grab my chin gently and make me look at him. I lost the battle with the tears and a few slipped running down my cheek. He wiped them away and sighed. "That's what ya really want? A baby?" He asked.

I nodded "it is but I understand if you don't..." I started before he shut me up.

"You really have that much faith in me to be a good father?" He asked looking down.

"Yes. Absolutely. You'd be such an amazing father you already ate Daryl," I said and looked over Lydia.

"Okay we can try to have a baby. But only on one condition,"  he said. His face started turning red.

My eyes widened. He said yes. "Yeah. Yeah anything," I said.

He reached into his pocket and pulled something out. "I've had this for a long time. Just never got the courage ta ask. Rick always nagged me and tried to give the push to do it. Carol has been bugging me bout it too. I didn't have plans to do it like this but guess it's a good as tome as any," he stumbled out.

He opened his palm and there sat a ring with a small diamond. "Marry me?" He asked. I looked up at him tears in my eyes and started nodding my head 'Yes. Yes. Yes. I'll marry you!" I said.

He smiled and took the ring and pushed it onto my left ring finger. It fit perfectly. It was perfect. I was going to marry my best friend, the live of my life and we were going to try for a baby.

We then heard clapping from everyone. Both our faces turning red. Apparently a lot more people knew about this plan.

After the storm at slowed we made our trek the rest of the way to Alexandria. Everyone was happy and we had started a snowball fight. People congratulated us. After everything settled and it started to get dark everyone went to their houses to warm up.

Me and Daryl were sitting in the livingroom in front of the fire when Lydia walked on. "Hey, honey," I said.

She stood there and looked down playing with her hands. "I heard you taking about wanting a baby," she said.

It clicked fast for me. She thought if we had a baby we wouldn't want her any more. "Hey, come here," I said. I had her sit in between Daryl and I.  "You have no need to worry. As far as I'm concerned Lydia, you're my daughter and I love you. Nothing will change that. We'll always protect you," I told her.

That seemed to calm her a little and she leaned into me wrapping her arms around my waist and layong her head on my chest. And I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head. I looked st Daryl and smiled. "You're gonna make a good mom ya already are," he said. The three of us sat in front of the fire and just enjoyed the moment.

Author note: omg he had the courage to ask her to marry him. And they're going to try for a baby. And basicly have adopted Lydia as well. Again sorry for flying through season 9. I don't want y'all waiting too long. And with my new kidney I'm getting so much more energy back. So keep a look out for more chapters!