Chapter 74

Chapter 74

  The next morning you walked outside to find Daryl sitting in the corner of the porch. You walked over to him and sat down laying your head on his shoulder "You alright?" You asked. "Mmmhmm" he said. Everyone had gone out to explore the town but you decided to stay and sit with Daryl. It was silent until Rick came out. "They said explore. Let's explore" he said. You looked at Daryl and he looked at Rick "nah, I'll stay" he said. "Alright" Rick said. Rick walked over to the steps and looked out watching a woman walking a dog. "Lori and me, we used to drive through neighborhoods like this. Thinking, "One day..."  rick said. "Well, here we are." Daryl said. "We'll be back." Rick said And walked down the steps.

  "You can go look around. Ya ain't gotta stay here" Daryl told you. You coukd tell he wasn't liking it here. "No. I'm good staying here with you. I don't need to look around." You told him. "Don't ya wanna see what it's like. You grow up in a nice neighborhood didn't ya?" He said. "Yeah" you said. "Should feel at home then" he said. "No. I don't feel at home. My parents were rich not me. I lived in a small little cabin in the middle of no where" you told him. He looked at you and you could see the sadness in his eyes. "Hey. We can leave. If thats what you want Daryl we can leave and find a little cabin in the woods" You told him. "I don't belong here. I don't got in" he told you. "None of do. These people wouldn't be able survive 5 minutes outside these walls." You told him. He didn't say anything just layed his head on your shoulder and the two of you sat there.

  Later on everyone came back and you all ate and sat around and talked then eventually went to sleep. Deanna said she was having a party and wanted you all to come so you coukd meet everyone. The next morning you were outside with Daryl who was sitting on the railing playing with his crossbow. He did something making his thumb slip and punching it. He brought it up and sucked on it and looking at it with a pout on his face. You chuckled and he looked at you. "What s so funjy?" He said. "Oh nothing you're just so adorable when you pout" you said making him turn red. You walked over to him taking his  hand "let me see" you looked at his thumb kissed it and said "I think you'll live." He pulled his hand away rolling his eyes but you seen that small like smirk.

  The door opened and Carol walked out in charcoal gray slacks, a white button up blouse, and a blue cardigan. "Time to punch the clock and make the casseroles." She said. You and Daryl looked up at her  "What?" You both said at the same time. "Make dinner for the older people-- moms who need a break, people who can't cook. Get to meet a lot of the neighbors that way." She said. You both scoffed "alright" Daryl said. "Have either of  you taken a shower yet?" She said. "Mm-hmm." Daryl said clearly not paying attention. "Take a shower. I'm gonna wash that vest. We need to keep up appearances, even you." She told him. "Hey, I ain't starting now." Daryl said. "I'm gonna hose you down in your sleep." She said walking down the steps. "I'll make sure he gets one" you said. "You look ridiculous." He called after her.

  Later that day you had to stop Daryl when he went after Nicholas because he was starting a fight with Glenn. "Hey! Daryl! Come on!" You said but he would listen "damnit Dixon! I said cone on!" You yelled grabbing him and pilling him away. Deanna came over. You were standing in front of a fuming Daryl putting your hand on his chest he looked down at you and put his hand on your waist still breathing heavy. "I want everyone to hear me, okay? Rick and his people are part of this community now in all ways as equals. Understood?" Deanna said. "Understood" one of the guys said.
"All of you, turn in your weapons. Then you two come talk to me" she said pointing to Rick and Michonne and walked off. Daryl scoffed and picked his crossbow up and walked off back to the house. "Daryl!" You called and ran after him.

  Later that night you and Daryl were out on the porch he was smoking and you were just out there to be with him. Rick walked out with a constables uniform on. "Well if it isn't sheriff Grimes" you said.
"We good?" Rick asked Daryl. "Yeah. You a cop again?" He asked. Rick sighs "I'm trying it on for size." He says. Daryl looks down then back up putting his left arm over his stomach and his right arm propped up on his left So he can smoke. "So we're staying?" Carol asks. "I think we can start sleeping in our own homes. Settle in" Rick says walking over to her. "If we get comfortable here, we let our guard down-- this place is gonna make us weak." She said. "Carl said that. But it's not gonna happen. We won't get weak. That's not in us anymore. We'll make it work. And if they can't make it... then we'll just take this place." Rick said looking at the three of you.

  Carol and Rick walked inside and left you and Daryl alone. "We can leave you know. If you want to We can. Just you and me" you told him. "Nah, like Rick said we'll make it work and if we can't we'll just take it" he told you. You just stayed leaning your hands against the railing looking up at the sky. "Its so quiet here" you said. You heard Daryl boots on the floor walking cliser to you. He walked up behind you putting his arms on either side of you so he was caging you in. You turned around to face him. "I won't let nothing happen to ya" he said looking you in the eyes. "I know" you said putting you hands on in his and pulled him in to kiss you. He kissed you back then pulled away grabbing your hamd and pulled you inside to go lay down for the night.