chapter 20

Y/N L/N was the only child of her parents M/N and F/N, two very big well-known lawyers. Both her parents were criminal lawyers so they worked a lot. Always in court working with dangerous criminals. Y/N often found herself alone in their big house. They lived in a small town in Georgia. Y/N was top of her class in high school graduating with a 4.0 GPA. Her parents wanted her to go to law school as they did. But Y/N didn't want to just go to Community College and be a registered nurse. She was always fascinated with the human body and always wanted to help people. She graduated top of her class in college too. After she graduated she moved away from her parents. Buying a small little cottage in the middle of nowhere in the country. She was able to get a job in the city at one of the hospitals working in the Emergency Department. It was a long drive but she didn't mind.

  During the outbreak, Y/N was at the hospital during her regular shift. They were busier than normal. People coming in with bite wounds that resulted in temperatures over 100 degrees, delusions, cold sweats. The skin would give off heat like a furnace. It seems after a few hours these people would become violent. One patient tried biting her while trying to restrain them. Y/N could remember that first night like it was yesterday. People were dying and coming back to life attacking people. She saw people she worked with be attacked and eaten alive. The military came in and shot the hospital up when he had overrun. Y/N just ran as fast as she could, getting out just in time, getting in her car and getting out of the city before they bonded.

  She got back to get a little cottage, locking all the doors and boarding the windows. She stayed there for about a month before she ran out of food. Grabbing her duffle she gathered some clothes and a couple of personal items she couldn't part with. She then grabbed her backpack putting the food and water she had left in it along with her ammo for her gun and her sharing block and anything else she'd need to survive. She then laced her boots up tights, putting her thigh holster on with her gun and spare clips and put her knife and machete on her belt. She took a deep breath and checked to make sure it was clear. She opened her door, went to her car and put her bags in the back. She went around back to the shed grabbing any gas she had and putting it in her trunk. Then hopping in the driver's seat leaving to find a hopefully safer place maybe she could find a group.

  You had been out on the road for almost two months. Sleeping in your car when you could sleep. You ran out of gas though a few weeks ago. So you have been walking around aimlessly trying to avoid the dead. You were looking somewhere to hold up for the night. You had found a sporting goods store a while back so you picked up some survival gear. A tent, fire starter, rope, flashlight with any batteries you could find, sleeping bags. You came along to a gas station and decided to check it out. You knocked on the window to make sure there were no walkers. After waiting a few minutes and nothing came to the windows you slowly opened the door and walked in. There was still some stuff on the shelves but not much. You filled your bag and then went to the storeroom. First making sure nothing was in there once you saw it was clear you walked in, shut the door and barricaded it. You pulled out your sleeping bags and lay one on the floor to sleep on the other to cover up with and used your duffle as a pillow. You laid down and fell asleep.

   The next morning you woke up, sitting up and grabbing a bottle of water and a granola bar. Once you were finished you packed everything up and headed out. You had decided to head into the woods for a while out of sight. You were walking in the woods when you heard voices. You walked towards them coming to a camp. "Who are you?" A man said, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude, I'll leave." "Wait! Shane, she looks to be alone. Don't let her go out there by herself." A woman said. "What's your name, sweetie?" The woman asked "Y/N, and I am alone. I have been since the start." After you were asked questions they decided to let you stay. And you have been with the same group ever since.