Chapter 80

Chapter 80

You were at the quarry Rick and Morgan found full of hundreds of walkers when they went out to bury Pete since Deanna didn't want him buried inside the walls. You were going over the plan for tomorrow when you let them all out and lead them away from Alexandra. Daryl, Sasha, Abraham, and you were going to lead them away while everyone else made sure they stayed on track and followed us. You would be with Daryl on his bike and Sasha and Abraham would be in a car. Daryl tried to argue with you about going. You wanted to go in case one of them got hurt and Rosita had everything under control at the imfirmary.

**FLASH BACK: TWO HOURS BEFORE**

   You were standing in your bedroom getting ready when he walked in. "The hell ya doin?" He asked you when he seen you weren't in scrubs. "I'm going with you, Sasha, and Abraham tomorrow" you said as you strapped your gun holster on your thigh. "The hell ya are!" He growled. "This isn't up for debt, Daryl. I'm going. What if something happens to one of you and you need medical attention?" you said to him not even looking at him. "Ya ain't goin and that's final!" Daryl had growled at you. You looked up at him your right eyebrow raised as you sucked your teeth. "Yeah, no. I going so deal with it" you growled right back. You put your knife and machete on you belt and walked out of the room, down stairs and out the door.

   Daryl just stood there stunned at you growling at him like that. It always pissed him off when you never listened to him. But he always loved how independent and sassy you were. He smirked to himself and rushed after you. When he stepped outside he seen you leaning against his bike smiling at him. He walked over to you, standing in front of you "ya just can't listen can ya?" He said. He looked around to make sure no one was around then he put his hands on your waist and pulled you to him kissing you. Daryl wasn't the one to show a lot of affection in front of people exspecially the people from Alexandria. He would give you a peck on the lip, kiss ypur forehead, hug you or put his arm around you but that was about it and that was usually only in front of our group. Daryl got on the bike kicking up the kick stand "let's go before I chant my mind" he said and you got on the back.

    **END OF FLASH BACK**

  You were all gathered around while Rick talked about what was going to happen tomorrow. The quarry was full of walkers there was only two tracker trailers blocking them in, there was another one on the other side of the quarry that was about to fall. "I know this sounds insane, but this is an insane world. We have to come for them before they come for us. It's that simple." The sound of the walkers snarling was loud and intense. "This is where it all starts tomorrow. Tobin gets in the truck, opens the exit and we're off. He hops out, catches up with his team at red staying on the west side of the road. Daryl and Y/N get on his bike--" Rick says going over the plan when you here a loud rumbling sound. The truck on the other side of the quarry fell down on the walkers.

  "It's open! We got to do this now! We're doing this now! Tobin's group, get moving, go!" Rick yells. "No, Rick, we're not ready." Carter says. "Sasha! Abraham!" Rick yells. "Damn straight, we'll do it live." Abraham tells him. "You meet Daryl and Y/N at red. Let him take them through the gauntlet." Rick says. "Yeah, we meet at red." Sasha says and her and Abe get in the car. "Go!" Rick yells. "Rick, I'll hit the tractor place." Glenn says. "Okay, who else?" Rick asks. "We got to take them out or they'll distract the horde." Glenn tells Heath. "I'm here, let me help." Nicholas says. "No." Glenn tells him. "I'm here!" Nicholas yells. "Do everything I say." Glenn tells him. "I will." Nicholas agrees. "Rick, this was supposed to be a dry run." Carter trys to tell Rick  but Rick doesn't listen. "Daryl, get ready." Rick yells. Daryl pushes you behind him "They're coming." He yells holding his crossbow up and aimed at the walker that was pushing itself between the gap of the trucks. It's skin peeling of its face. "Rick, we haven't even gone through the whole plan." Carter argues. "You want to go back, go back. We're finishing this." This tells him and walks off.  "Tobin, you hit it on my signal. They're heading for home. We don't have a choice. Rick says.

  Everyone runs off back to the others. Before going to the quarry everyone got together and built a wall with sheets sheets using the cars to help in force them. The walls were to help block them from going towards Alexandria and to herd them in the direction you wanted them to go. "Get ready to hit the flares. Now!" Rick yells. And the flares were shot into the air to help drawl the attention of the walkers. The walker that was trying to get through the gap finally got through peeling the skin away from his face and torso making it look like it was a jacket. Daryl shot an arrow through its head and Tobin moved the truck let the walkers out. You and Daryl jumped on his bike and he revved the engine to get the walkers attention.

**FLASH BACK: NIGHT OF THE MEETING**

   You walked over to Daryl covered in Regs blood. You knew you couldn't save him but you had to do something. Daryl put his arm around you and walked you back towards the house you were staying in. Everyone else started going home too. "What happened?" Daryl asked. "Rick and Pete got into a fight over Pete hitting Jessie. They started in Pete's house and ended up going through the front window, out in the street. Deanna stopped them and Rick started going off and pulled a gun. Michonne knocked him out. Deanna wanted a meeting to discuss it with everyone. She wanted him gone. Walkers got in because someone left the gate open Rick took care of it. Brought one to the meeting to show everyone that they will always get in one way or another. Pete came in with Michonnes sword started going off and Reg went to stop him but Pete pushed him and ended up slitting Regs throat so Deanna to Rick to kill Pete" you explained.

  You went up stairs and cleaned off changing your clothes and then walked back down stairs. When you walked into the kitchen you saw Rick and the guy who was woth Daryl and Aaron. "Hey" you said walking over to Daryl who was eating a bowl of soup. "Ya hungry?" He asked getting up. "No. I'm good" you said sitting on the stool beside him at the counter. "I'm Morgan" the man said holding his hand out. "Hi! I've heard about you. It's so nice to meet you in Y/N" You said shaking his hand. You looked over at Rick who had a map in his hands. "You were right. Wasn't over." Morgan said to rick. Rick looked at him putting the map down "We should talk more tomorrow." Rick said. And Morgan nodded. "Listen... I don't take chances anymore." Rick told Morgan walking towards him. "And you shouldn't." Morgan said.

   **END OF FLASH BACK**