Chapter 25

You were all sitting around a fire in the middle of an old brick build that was falling apart. You were huddled up to Daryl with his arms around you. You were so cold and shivering like crazy so Daryl stood up and took his jacket off-putting it around you and sitting back down wrapping his arms around you again. "You'll get cold," you said trying to give him his jacket back but he refused. "Thank you." You whispered in his ear kissing him on the cheek. He tightened his grip on you and kissed the top of your head.  Carol was sitting beside you, she leaned towards you and Daryl said. "We're not safe with him... Keeping something like that from us." "Why do you need him? He's just gonna pull you down." She asked Daryl. "No. Rick's done all right by me." Daryl told her. "You're his henchman and I'm a burden. You deserve better." She said." What do you want?" You asked her. "A man of honor." "Rick has honor," Daryl said.

  Next, you were Maggie, Glenn, Beth, and Hershel. "I think we should take our chances," Maggie said. "Don't be foolish. There's no food, no fuel, no ammo." Hershel told her when you heard something move in the woods.  "What was that?" You asked "Could be anything. Could be a raccoon, could be a possum." Daryl said.  "Walker." You told him. "We need to leave. I mean what are we waiting for?" Maggie said. "Which way?" "It came from over there." "Back from where we came." Glenn said "Yeah." Maggie said. "The last thing we need is for everyone to be running off in the dark. We don't have vehicles. No one's traveling on foot. Don't panic." Rick said  "I'm not... I'm not sitting here, waiting for another herd to blow through. We need to move, now." Maggie said. "No one is going anywhere," Rick said. You could tell he was getting mad. " Do something," Carol told him.

  Rick finally snapped standing up in part of the wall looking down at everyone. "I am doing something! I'm keeping this group together, alive. I've been doing that all along, no matter what. I didn't ask for this. I killed my best friend for you people, for Christ's sake!" Rick whispered. There were gasps from everyone shocked that Rick would do that.  "You saw what he was like, how he pushed me, how he compromised us, how he threatened us. He staged the whole Randall thing, led me out to put a bullet in my back. He gave me no choice. He was my friend, but he came after me. My hands are clean." He said. "Maybe you people are better off without me. Go ahead. I say there's a place for us, but maybe... maybe it's just another pipe dream. Maybe... maybe I'm fooling myself again. Why don't you... Why don't you go and find out for yourself? Send me a postcard. Go on, there's the door. Can you do better? Let's see how far you get. No takers? Fine. But get one thing straight... you're staying. This isn't a democracy anymore. Rick finished looking everyone over but no one said anything.

  The next day Glenn and Maggie along with you and Daryl went out to get gas and anything else you might find. You pulled into an old gas station and parked alongside the building Glenn pulled up behind you. "Alright me and Y/N will go see what we can find inside you and Maggie see if you can get any gas we'll meet back here in 20 minutes," Daryl said. Maggie and Glenn went off with the gas cans and you and Daryl went to the door of the store. Daryl banged on the window a couple of times and you waited to see if walkers came to the windows. You stood there for a couple of minutes before a few walkers came banging on the windows. "Looks like four of 'em. You open the door and I'll shoot them as they come out." Daryl said.

  After killing the walkers you walked in to see what you could find. You found a couple bottles of water and some canned beans. "Find anything?" You asked Daryl. "Yeah, I found some canned fruit and spaghetti-Os. What about you." You showed him what you found and you both walked to the back of the store. "You hear that?" You asked him. "Yeah sounds like there's one stuck somewhere." He said. You walked closer to the back when you came to a door. You knocked on it and within seconds, something was banging on it from the other side making you jump back bumping into Daryl who just chuckled. "You open it I'll kill it." He said you stuck your tongue out at him grabbing the handle of the door. "Ready?" You asked. Daryl nodded his crossbow up aiming at the door. You opened it and a big overweight walker came tumbling out. Daryl shot a bolt in its head and it fell to the floor with a big wet slap of rotting flesh. "Oh god, that was that nastiest thing I've ever heard." You said walking over the walker and into the storage room. "Well look here toilet paper I'm sure everyone will love this." You said wiggling your eyebrows at Daryl. "You're so weird, woman." "You like it Dixon doesn't lie."  He chuckled and grabbed what he could fit in his bag and you both walked out to meet Glenn and Maggie.

  "Any luck with gas?" You asked them. "Yeah, we were able to siphon it out of the cars," Maggie told you. "You guys do okay? Find any food?" Glenn asked. "Hmm, and some water." Daryl said, "the best part is we found toilet paper!" You said everyone laughed. You put your stuff in the back of the car and went over to the bike. "Alright let's head back to everyone else so we can get moving," Daryl said walking over to you and getting on the bike. You got on behind him wrapping your arms around his waist, Glenn and Maggie getting in the car. You pulled out and headed back to the others.