Chapter 59

The next day Daryl took you with him to go hunting. "You know if I could have started with the group I would have been safe. I'm not good at hunting, not as quiet as you" you told him. He just kept looking at the ground not saying anything. You kept walking behind him. He stopped and raised his crossbow up and pulled the trigger. You look around him to see he got a squirrel. He walked over and pulled the arrow out of the squirrel, putting it on a string he had. He walked over to you looking at you "I ain't ever letting you outta my sight again Y/N," He said and turned around. You kept walking and Daryl got a few more squirrels before you started heading back to the group.

  You walked around a tree to see Rick pointing his gun at you. Both you and Daryl stopped surprised. Daryl put his hands up "We surrender" he said. You chuckled and Rick  smiled a little. Then you all started walking through the woods. "No tracks. No nothing." Daryl told Rick. "So whatever you heard last night..." Rick began. "It's more what I felt. If someone was watching us, there would have been something." Daryl said. Rick looked at him and turned around whistling for the others. "Keep close." Rick told him. "Ready to get some concrete under your feet?" Abraham asked Rick. "I think it's time." Rick told him. "That is sweet music to my ears, Officer. Take the next road we come to, try to get back to going north till we find a vehicle. Good?" Abraham said. "Good. Tighten it up." Rick said, taking up the back. "Uh, wet socks." Sasha says "Cool feet." Bob says next. "Mosquito bites." Sasha said to Bob. They had this game where you said what reminds you of being alive. "Itching reminds you you're alive." Told her. They had become a cute couple and you smiled listening to them. "Danger around every corner." Sasha continues. "Never a dull moment." Bob said. "The hot sun beating down on you." Sasha tells him. "Come on, a glorious tan." Bob said and they laughed. "I said it and I meant it." Bob says. "No privacy." Sasha tells him." Captive audience." Bob says kissing her. "One more." He said kissing her again. "One more." He said and she smiled at him. "He's a damn expert at that." She told Tyreese. "What was it?" Ty asked. "A little game. Good out of the bad." She told him.

  You were walking holding hands with Daryl when you heard a man screaming "Help! Help, anybody! Help!" You all stopped Daryl's hand tightening around yours. "Dad, come on. Come on! Come on."  Carl said and took off the rest of you following. "Anyone, help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Anybody, help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help!" You heard. You gotta hear the  screams coming from seeing a man on top of a boulder trying to get away from walkers. Carl pulled his gun killing one of them, Rick smashing another head on the boulder, Michonne beating the one with the butt of her rifle, and Carol stabbing one in the head, Daryl taking the last one out.

   " We're clear. Keep watch." Rick tells you and looks up at the man. "Come on down." He tells him so the man climbs down standing in front of you. "You okay?" You asked. He put his finger up and turned, throwing up hardly anything. "Sorry. Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel." He says. You couldn't see any kind of injuries so you stepped back. "Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick asked. The guy just chuckles at that "Do I look like I would have any weapons?" He says. "We don't give two short curlies what it looks like." Abraham says. "I have no weapons of any kind. The word of God is the only protection I need." He says. That's when you notice the white collar and roll your eyes. "Sorry but God ain't gonna help you." You said. "Sure didn't look like it." Daryl said standing beside you. "I called for help. Help came." He said and you scuffed. "Do you have-- have any food? Whatever I-- I had left, it just hit the ground." Gabriel asked. "We've got some pecans." Carl said, handing him some. "Thank you." He said. "Judith cooed, making him look at her. "That's a beautiful child. Do you have a camp?" He asked. "No. Do you?" You asked him. "I have a church." He said while you rolled your eyes "great" you muttered. "Hold your hands above your head." Rick told him and patted him down. "How many walkers have you killed?" Rick asked him. "Not any, actually." He said. "Turn around. How many people have you killed?" Rick asked next. "None." Gabriel told him. 'Why?" Rick asked. "Because the Lord abhors violence." He told him.

  You squint your eyes at him looking him up and down. "What have you done?" You asked him. He looked at you scrunching his face up in confusion. "We've all done something," You told him."I'm a sinner. I sin almost every day. But those sins, I confess them to God, not strangers." He said. You pinched the bridge of Your nose "Oh my god" You said. "You said you had a church?" Michonne said. He nodded his head and you followed him. "Hey, earlier, were you watching us?" Rick asked, walking beside him. "I keep to myself. Nowadays, people are just as dangerous as the dead, don't you think?" Gabriel asked. "No, people are worse." You told him.

  "Well, I wasn't watching you. I haven't been beyond the stream near my church more than a few times since it all started. That was the furthest I've gone before today. Or maybe I'm lying. Maybe I'm lying about everything and there's no church ahead at all. Maybe I'm leading you into a trap so I can steal all your squirrels." He said. You all stopped looking at him. "Members of my flock had often told me that my sense of humor leaves much to be desired." He said looking at all of you. "Yeah, it does." You told him. You came to a church walking up to it. Gabriel walked up to the door but Rick stopped him "Hold up. Can we take a look around first?" He asked. "We just want to hold on to our squirrels." Daryl told him and you chuckled. You all went different directions and checked around to make sure there were no traps or signs of an ambush then met around front.