Chapter 28

Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, and T all went into the courtyard to take care of the walkers and close another gate. You watched as they took the walkers down until they came to the ones in full riot gear. Daryl shot an arrow at one's head but it just bounced off. You moved along the fence to keep an eye on them. You saw Maggie grab one of the walkers in riot gear as she shoved her knife up through its chin killing it. You had to admit Maggie was one badass chick. They got the gate closed and killed all the walkers. You were confused when they started walking into the prison. "What're they doing?" You asked not expecting an answer.

  Daryl along with Rick, Glenn, Maggie, and T walked into the prison. They needed to make sure it wasn't overrun inside. "There's two up here," Daryl said. He and Rick take care of the two walkers still in their cells. After they made sure the cell block was secure Glenn went out to get the rest of the group.

  We all walked into the cell block looking around. The one place you thought you'd never end up at and h ete you.  "What do you think? Rick asked everyone. "Home sweet home," Glenn said. "For the time being," Rick told him. "It's secure?" Lori asked, looking around.  Rick smiled saying "This cell block is."  "What about the rest of the prison?" Hershel asked. "In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria, and the infirmary," Rick told everyone.  Beth came in asking  "We'll sleep in the cells?" "I found the keys on some guards. Daryl has a set too." Rick told her. You went upstairs going to the farthest cell, in the end, you were expecting Daryl to join you until you heard him say "I ain't sleeping in no cage. I'll take the perch." He grabs a mattress from one of the cells and laid down at the top of the steps. You walked back into your cell and sat down.

  Later that night you couldn't sleep so you went out to find Daryl still awake looking up at the ceiling. You walked up to him standing in front of him. "Can we talk?" You asked him. "It's kinda late to be having a chat don't ya think? Go back to bed Y/N." "No! Now follow me we need to talk now!" You whispered yelled at him walking down the steps. You walked outside the cool air hitting your skin making you shiver slightly. "What ya want to talk about?" "What the fuck have I done to make you treat me like you are? Did I say something? Are you just not into me like you thought you were? Just tell me Daryl because I can't handle just being ignored." You told him. You looked at him but he was looking at the ground. "Daryl Damnit!" "It's cuz you went off running for that damn gate with Rick! The fuck were ya thinking Y/N? Ya tryin ta get ya self killed? I swear ya don't fuckin think!" Daryl snapped at you. "Who the fuck are you to tell me what I can and can't do? I know how to protect my damn self, Dixon!" You yelled and walked off. "Y/N! Where the fuck ya goin? Come back here!"

  You walked around the build sliding down the wall and sitting on the ground. "Who was he to yell at you like that, to tell you what to do?" You said to yourself. You sat there for about an hour before you decided to go back inside. You walked through the cell block up you were about to set up the stairs when you saw Daryl pacing back and forth at the top. You rolled your eyes and walked up the steps you went to walk past Daryl but he grabbed your wrist. "Let go dar.." He cut you off by pulling you to him and kissing you. "Ya right. Ya can protect yourself. I just hate the thought of losing ya. I'm sorry." He said. "Daryl, you are not going to lose me." You told him to put your hand on his cheek. He pulled you down on the mattress and you cuddled up to him and fell asleep.

  The next morning you gathered up any riot gear you could put on a table. You, Daryl, Rick, Maggie, Glenn, T-Dog, and Hershel were going to go see if you could find the cafeteria or infirmary. "Not bad," Daryl said. Rick looked over it saying  "Flashbangs, CS Triple-Chasers. Not sure how they'd work on walkers, but we'll take them."  "I am not wearing any of this shit." You said. Daryl picked up a helmet and turned it upside down, a bunch of liquefied body fat and flesh fell out of it. "I ain't wearing this shit," Daryl said. T-Dog picked up a glove and fell out."We could boil them." T said. "Ain't enough firewood in a whole forest, no! Besides, we've made it this far without them right?" Daryl said. It's a good thing nothing bothered you anymore or you probably would have thrown up seeing what fell out of that gear. Carol came over calling for Hershel. "Everything alright?" Rick asked "Yeah, nothing to worry about," she told him and she and Hershel walked off.

  Carl picked up a helmet putting it on. Rick took it back off of him. "You won't need that. I need you to stay put." Rick told him "You're kidding!" Carl said not happy about not going with us. "We don't know what's in there. If something goes wrong, you could be the last man standing. I need you to handle things here." Rick said. Carl nodded "Sure," he said, agreeing. "Great. Let's go," Rick told you. You all walk out of the cell area and Carl closes the door locking it behind you. You walked into the halls of the prison. It was like a tomb there. As you went along Glenn spray-painted arrows in the direction you came so you knew which way to go to get back to the cell block.