chapter 21

You were laying in bed resting as Hershel told you. You were thinking about your life before the outbreak, about your parents and back to the start of the breakout when the hospital got overrun, how you had come along the group. You didn't hear the door open or Daryl call your name. "Y/N. Hey Y/N." Daryl called coming over touching your shoulder. You jumped a little looking up at him. "Hey, sorry. I was thinking." "Thinking about what?" "Before the world ended and the start of it." "Ya wanna talk about it?" "Promise you won't judge me? And to keep all of this to yourself I don't want everyone knowing yet." "Mmmhmm," Daryl said nodding his head.

"Well before the world end I had lawyers for parents and graduated top of my class in both high school and college. I lived in a small town before moving to the country in the middle of nowhere. I lived in a small cottage and traveled to the city for work. I worked at one of the hospitals in the Emergency Department as a registered nurse." You paused looking at Daryl who was looking back at you nodding for you to continue so you did. "At first it was a couple of people coming in with high fevers, chills, delusional from bite wounds. Then people started dying and coming back to life attacking people. I seen a people I worked with get eaten alive. The place got overrun the military came in and just started shooting. I got out just in time before they boarded the city." You took a deep breath. "I held up in my cottage for about a month until I was to low on food. I packed up and drove until I ran out of gas then just wandered around for about 2 months. Then I found the quarry and you guys."

It was silent for a while until Daryl spoke. "I'm sorry ya had ta go through that alone." "It's fine I was always used to being alone." Daryl took your hand lacing your fingers together. "I was with Merel out in the woods on a hunting trip when I saw my first walker. We didn't know anything about the outbreak. Not until we headed back to town. After that, we just drifted around like we always did until we came across the group. Merle's plan was to rob it blind while Everyone was asleep." You were surprised Daryl had told you all this but also happy he trusted you enough to do so. "I'm sorry about Merle. I know you miss him." You said. Daryl just nodded his head looking down so you squeezed his hand. "I'm glad I met you, Daryl Dixon." You said smiling at him. "Me too." He said kissing your forehead.

After a couple of days, Hershel said it was okay to get up and walk around so Daryl carefully helped you up and helped you walk outside. "Careful, take your time." You slowly walked down the porch steps walking towards the camp where everyone else was. "What s going on?" You asked Daryl. "Try to figure out what to do with that kid Randall." He told you. You in all honestly forgot about him. "Hershel fixed his leg. Shane wants to kill him. But Rick is thinking about just taking him so far out and leaving him." Daryl continued. "Ricks kinda right. Shane is just crazy. But sending him out there and just leaving him is like a death sentence too."

"Y/N! Hey, it's so good to see you up moving around." Carol said going to hug you. "This one's been very worried about you." She told you pointing to Daryl. You smiled noticing his cheeks heating up. "Well, he's been taking very good care of me." You told her. You walked over to the rest of the group receiving a few more hugs. "Now you, me and dad all have something in common and I guess Daryl too," Carl said to you. Yo y laughed "yeah, I guess we do." You told him ruffling his hair. You leaned up against Daryl feeling tired after walking out there. He wrapped his arms around you loosely careful not to hurt you. "Ya tired? I can carry ya back to the house." "No, I'm okay." Daryl lead you over to one of the chairs, he sat down and pulled up onto his lap. You leaned your head on his shoulder completely content. "We've decided to take Randall out 18 miles and leaving him." Rick began to talk. "We'll leave tomorrow me and Shane. Daryl had helped you back inside to lay down your body was exhausted.

The next morning Shane and Rick put Randall in the back of the car and left to take him out 18 miles and leave him. You could only hope he didn't know where the farm was. You had decided to move out to Daryl's camp up away from the house. He had moved all your stuff up there anyway. You were sitting by the fire talking to Carol when the car pulled back up. Rick and Shane got outgoing around to the back. Shane opened the hatch and pulled the boy out walking him back to the shed. Rick walked over telling everyone to meet in the house.

Everyone was gathered in Greene's house ready to hear why they brought Randall back. You were leaning against Daryl who was standing by the door. "So, why is he back?" You asked, "He said he went to school with Maggie." Rick said Maggie looked confused saying "I don't remember him." "So what are we going to do about him then?" You said. "Keep him locked up for now. Find out as much as we can about his group." Rick said. "We should just kill him a man." Shane pipes in. "That's always your solution Shane. Kill 'em that'll solve everything." You spat at him. You turned around walking outside. Daryl and everyone else following behind. You started to walk back to Daryl's camp when you heard your name being called "Y/N!" You stopped and turned around to see Daryl running after you. "Hey, ya ok?" "Yeah, I just don't want any part of this is all." "Alright. Let's go I'll cook up those squirrels I caught earlier." He grabbed your hand and you walked to the camp.