Chapter 57

When you walked into the train car Daryl had grabbed you right away. It was pitch black besides the small amount of light coming through the cracks in the door. "Rick?" You heard a voice that sounded like Glenn. "You're here. You're here" Rick said. You all looked at each other. You couldn't believe everyone was there except Carol, Tyreese, Judith and Beth.  You also noticed four other people, one of which you had seen with the governor. "They're our friends. They helped save us" Maggie told us. "Yeah. Now their friends are ours," Daryl said, nodding his head. "For however long that'll be" a guy with red hair said. "No. They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out." Rick said, walking over and looking through the gap in the door. Everyone looked at him wondering what he meant. "Find out what?" The guy with red hair asked. "They're screwing with the wrong people." Rick said.

  Daryl wrapped his arm around your waist looking at rick. It was time to make a plan and get the outta there. You all started making weapons out of anything you could. You found out that the redhead's name was Abraham, the girl that was with him was Rosita, the guy with the god awful mullet was Eugene and the girl who had been with the governor's name was Tara. "They seemed nice enough, but I was ready to go. We just got here, but, damn, it was time to go. When I told them about DC, a wink and a nod from the head asshole in charge, they pulled their guns and it was right back to our regularly scheduled shitstorm." Abraham said to Rick. "Before they put you in here, you didn't see Tyreese?" Sasha asked. "No." Michonne told her. "Good," She said. Daryl and you were talking to Maggie. He was telling her about Beth. "Black car with a white cross painted on it. I tried to follow it. I tried." Daryl said. You could tell he was beating himself up about it.  "But she's alive?" Maggie asked him. Daryl  nodded his head "She's alive." He told her.

  You had made spikes out of the wooden beams that were in the train car, sharpening them. Rosita took her hoops off and made them into a weapon. While you were working you all heard men chatting outside. "All right, got four of them pricks coming our way." Daryl said, looking through the gap. "Y'all know what to do. Go for their eyes first. Then their throats." Rick told you. You all stood up and got Ready to fight. You heard a man yell through saying "Put your backs to the walls on either side of the car now." When you hear something. Looking up the hatch on the top opened and something was dropped in. Daryl grabbed you trying to shield you not knowing what it was. You looked down to see a smoke grenade. "Move!" Abraham said. Daryl pushed you to the floor and covered you with his body. The grenade went off, the car filling with smoke. You were all coughing.  The doors opened, men running in with gas masks on. Daryl was lifted off of you and drugged away along with Glenn, Rick and Bob. Then the doors shut again.

  Daryl looked over seeing  Glenn on the left side of him and four others, Rick and Bob on his right. They were kneeling and leaning over a big long steel tub with a drain in the middle. He could hear what sounded like a saw running. They were all gagged and their hands and feet were zip tied. There was a guy with a bat and one with a knife. They went down to the end to a blonde guy. The one with the bat hit him in the back of the head knocking him out then the one with the knife life's his head and slit his throat. Daryl knew then what they were doing. They were bleeding them so they could later gut them like you would do with an animal. They had to get out of this, he had to get back to Y/N.

  The blood started flowing down the tub. When they got to Glenn Gareth walked in. They stopped and looked up at him. "Hey Guys, what were your shot count?" Gareth said. "38" the one guy said. "Hey! Your shot count?" Gareth asked the other guy. "Crap, man, I'm sorry. It was my first roundup." The other guy behind them said. "After you're done here, go back to your point and count the shells. Kaylee won't be gathering them until tomorrow." Gareth told him. There was a muffled  Hey. From bob. "Hey, let me talk to you." He said. "Four from A, four from D?" Gareth asked.  "Yeah." One of the guys said.  "Hey, let me talk to you for a minute. Let me talk to you for a minute. Let me talk to you for a minute." Bob's muffled voice said. "What?" Gareth said, taking Bob's gag out of his mouth. "Don't do this. We can fix this." He said. "No, you can't." Gareth told him going to put his gag back in. "You don't have to do this. We told you there's a way out of all this. You just have to take a chance," Bob told him.

  "We have a man who knows how to stop it. He has a cure. We just have to get him to Washington. You don't have to do this, man. We can put the world back to how it was." Bob said, trying to convince Gareth. Daryl hoped he could, he didn't want to die, and didn't even want to think about what they'd do to his girl.'Can't go back, Bob." Gareth told him. "We can! You don't have to do this! Bob said as Gareth put the gag back in his mouth. Gareth walked over to Rick, kneeling down and taking his gag out of his mouth."We saw you go into the woods with a bag and come out without it. Had to pull my spotters back before we could go look for it. What was in it? You hid it, right? In case things went bad? Smart. Still, we'll find it. But it's too dangerous to go out there right now." He then grabbed Bob by the back of his beck and pulled him forward putting the tip of his knife at Bob's eye. "What was in it? I'm curious. And it was a big bag. You really gonna let me do this?" Gareth said, looking at Rick. "Well, let me take you out there. I'll show you." Rick said. "Not gonna happen. This might." Gareth said, getting closer to Bob's eye. "There's guns in it. AK-47. .44 Magnum. Automatic weapons. Knightscope. There's a compound bow and a machete with a red handle. That's what I'm gonna use to kill you." Rick told him, looking him in the eye.

  Gareth looked at Rick smiling and chuckling a little then put his knife back. Garth put the gag back into Rick's mouth patting it on both arms saying "Thanks." "You have two hours to get them on the driers. I'm gonna go back to public face. Now's the time we can get messy, but we need to dial it all in by sundown. Got it." Gareth said to the two men behind them. "Yes, sir," They said. There were gunshots heard. Gareth took his walkie and said "Hey Chuck?" Into it. There were more gun shots and then the building shook with an explosion. "Hey, what the hell was that? Do you copy? You stay here." Gareth said. "Gareth, these guys aren't going anywhere." The one guy told him. "Stay here until I know what's happening." Gareth said. "So we just sit here?" The guy said. "Got a job to do." He told him.

  "You there, Gareth?" The one guy behind them said into the walkie. "He's busy." The other guy told him. "You smell the smoke? You hear the shots? He could be dead. The hell are we doing here? The whole place could be going up." The guy with the knife said. "You went on one roundup and you blew the protocol. We don't deal with security. That ain't our job. This is. Hey, look at me." The guy with the bat said. "What?" He said turning around. Rick came up behind the other guy and stabbed him in the neck and walked towards the first one. "No, no, no, no, no!" The guy said and Rick went and cut Glenn, Bob and Daryl loose.