Chapter 42

You and Daryl pulled into the gate pulling up to the courtyard. He parked the bike and you got off. You grabbed his hand as Rick came out. "Did you find him?" He asked. "Yeah" is all Daryl said. "Where's he at?" Rick asked. You looked at him shaking your had tears brimming your eyes. "Daryl. I'm sorry" Rick said putting his hand on his friends shoulder. Daryl just nodded, biting on his lip looking down. The three of you walked inside.

  Everyone in the common area talked about the plan for when the governor came. The plan was to pack everything up and make it look like you fled. Beth,Carl, Hershel and Judith would stay hidden in the woods with the cars and Daryls bike. You, Daryl, Rick and Michonne  would be in the tombs to set off flash bangs to fill the tombs with smoke then lead the walkers in different directions. Carol, Glenn and Maggie would stay outside on the walkway hidden by the table tops and wooden pallets and shoot at the governor and his men when they ran out.

  You all packed your stuff up, taking it outside and putting it in the cars. Daryl was sitting on the ground, you were putting your stuff in the back of the car. Carol came over to Daryl saying something you didn't hear and helped him up. Once Hershel and the kids were safe in the woods the rest of you got in your positions and waited for the governor to pull in.

The governor and his men showed up walking into the cell block. "No one's here. Looks like they left." "They could be somewhere else in the prison." They walked through the door to the tombs. Once you heard the voices and four of you through a flash bomb the tombs filling with smoke then you lead walkers in. You all met up and hurried outside hearing the screams and gunshots. You see the governor and his men running outside "Get outta here!" Glenn,Maggie and Carol shooting at them as they got in their cars and left. You all walked out to the gate watching as they sped down the road. "It worked," you said. "I'll go get the others," Daryl said.

  Daryl came back with the others and you all unpacked your stuff from the cars and put it back in your cells. You all met in the common area. "Are we going after them?" You asked. "Yeah, we gotta find Andrea," Rick said. "Daryl, Michonne, Y/N, Maggie and Glenn you're with me." Rick said, walking towards the door. You got in the cars and headed towards Woodbury. You came to a stop when you came to the cars the governor and his men were in. You slowly walked up to the truck, stepping up on the step and looking in the window. A woman jumped up and  slammed her hands on the window making you scream and fall backwards. You were preparing to hit the ground but Daryl was right there catching you, you looked up at him smiling saying "looks like I'm falling for you" he just scuffed but you could see he was trying not to smile and the light pink tint to his cheeks. Rick pulled his gun,opening the door, and pulling the woman out of the truck.

  "What happened here? Where's the governor?" Rick asked the woman. "He shot everyone then to off with his two right hand men" she told him. "He just shot everyone for no reason?" You ask. "He was mad. He wanted to go back to the prison. But nobody wanted to follow. We didn't know we were fighting people, we thought we were clearing the dead." She said. "Let's go, we're going to Woodbury," Rick said. You got back in the cars and parks a mile from the gates walking the rest of the way. "Who's out there?" The woman stood up walking into view "it's me Tyreese." "Karne? Why are you with those people? What happened?" "The governor killed everyone. These guys saved me!" She told him. They open the gate and you walked through. "Is Andrea here?" Rick asked " She left said she couldn't stay here no more." "Yeah, and when the governor found out he went out to look for her. Said she wasn't stable" "well she never showed up to the prison" you said.

  You went to the building Glenn and Maggie were held in. You came around a corner to a door at the end. You looked down seeing blood. "Rick" You said nodding down. He looked down seeing the blood and went to the door. He opened the door swinging it back but nothing came out. You seen a foot and slowly walked in. There was Andrea leaned up against the wall. "Andrea" Michonne said going to her side. "We gotta get her outta here" you said. "No Y/N it's no use." She said pulling her shirt to the side showing a bite taken out of her shoulder. "Are the rest of you om?" She asked "the rest of us. The rest of us," Rick said. "They're fine. They're back at the prison." You told her. "I need to do it soon. I won't be long now" Rick handed her his gun "Are you sure?" He asked. "I know how to use the safety" she told him, making him smile a little. "I'll stay with you" Michonne told her. The rest of you said your goodbyes and went out in the hall. You were facing Daryl your head on his chest your arms around him and  his arms around your waist. *BANG* You jumped a little pulling yourself closer to Daryl tears streaming down your face. Michonne came out handing Rick his gun.

  "Don't look like the governor's coming back" Daryl said when you were back out on the street. "Yeah" Rick said. "Maybe we should bring these people back with us." You said. So that's what you did. Rick told them the rules and that if they wanted to go come they needed to follow them. You loaded everyone up on one of the busses and walked back to the cats and then headed back to the prison. You pulled through the gates. Getting out and walking to the bus helping people into cell block D once it was checked. After everyone was settled in you went out and buried Andrea having a service for her then going to the guard tower with Daryl laying down.