Chapter 41

You and Daryl walked in your cell. "God I'm so tired," you said. Daryl stood by the door leaning up against it. You kicked your boots off, unbuttoning your pants and shimmying out of them. Daryl looked down "What ya doin?" He said. "Changing. I'm all sweaty," you said. You slide out of your jeans kicking them to the side and pulling your shirt over head leaving you in just your bra and panties. You looked over your shoulder to see Daryl looking down, shifting uncomfortably, the tips of his ears red. You smirked turning around to face him saying "You act like you've never seen a girl in her bra and panties before. You getting all hot and bothered there Dixon?" Daryls head shot up his eyes wide trying not to roam his eyes over your body. You giggled walking over to him. "Do you want to touch me Daryl?" You asked him to wrap your arms around his neck.

  Daryl stiffened when you wrapped your arms around his neck. He just stood there arms by his side's looking at you. He hoped you couldn't feel how hard he was. Daryl was so nervous and flustered he didn't know what to do. He heard you giggle and looked at you. "Whatcha laughing at?" He growled. "You're so cute when you get all flustered" you said smiling up at him. He just scuffed. "Daryl?" "Hmmm?" Are you going to just stand here like a stiff board or are you going to loosen up and wrap your arms around me?" You asked. Daryl galped and pleasantly wrapped his arms around your waist. "Now kiss me?" You asked. He leaned down and kissed you. You leaned up whispering in his ear "I know your hard. I can take care of it if you'd like." Daryl stiffened again, letting go of you and unwrapping your arms from around his neck. "I'm gonna go keep watch" he said turning around. You grabbed his hand "Daryl! Wait!" He stopped turning around but not looking at you "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. We can go as fast or as slow as you want" he just nodded kissing your forehead and leaving.

  You layed in bed tossing and turning not being able to sleep. You got up wrapping a blanket about you, slipping your boots on, and walking out of your cell, down the steps, and out the door to the courtyard. You walked over to the guard tower Daryl had claimed as your and opened the door. You walked up the steps and through the door seeing Daryl standing with his forearms leaning up against the railing. You opened the door outside, closing it behind you. Daryl didn't turn around or say anything so you walked over wrapping your arms around him laying your head on his back. "Why ain't ya sleepin?" He asked "I couldn't sleep not without you there," you told him. "Daryl? Is everything alright? I didn't make you mad did I?" You asked. "Nah," Daryl told you. You stepped back biting on your lip. You could feel something was off. "Okay, well I'll let ya alone to think or whatever," you said quietly. You walked inside the tower laying down on the mattress, closing your eyes. A few minutes later you felt the mattress shift and Daryl's arms wrap around your waist pulling you close to him.

  The next morning Daryl was gone, you woke up and walked down the steps seeing him, Hershel and Rick talking. "Hey, what's going on?" You asked. They all looked at you. "Don't even try that shit. Like you weren't just having a hushed conversation. Somethings up or everyone would be here."  You told them. Rick sighed "The governor wants Michonne. We have until noon to hand her over to him." He said. "What! You can't be thinking during that!" You told him. Rick just looked down. "And let me guess you're going to have Merle do it!" You growled. "Y/N.." Rick started. "No! This is wrong and you know it." You said walking off to go inside.

  You were helping Beth with Judith when you saw Daryl and Rick coming in the common area and going to the door to the tombs. "I'll be back," you told Beth. You got up and followed them to the generator room. "He was in here. Said he was looking for drugs. Said a lot of things, actually." Daryl said." Like what?" Rick asked. You hide out of sight. "Said that you were gonna change your mind. Here we go. Yeah, he took her here. They mixed it up." Daryl said. "Damn it! I'm going after him." Rick said.  "You can't track for shit." Daryl told Rick. "Then the both of us." "No, just me. I said I'd go and I'll go. Plus they're gonna come back here. You need to be ready. Your family, too." Daryl told Rick. Daryl walked out the door and Rick walked back in the tombs.

  You opened the door Daryl went through seeing him on his bike you ran over and hopped on the back before he could take off. "The hell ya doin?!" Daryl yelled. "I'm not getting off so you may as well go," you told him. He growled and drove down the path out the gate. Daryl pulled over parking the bike and getting off. "We walk from here," he said. You two were walking down a road when you saw Michonne. "You killed him?" Daryl asked her. She shook her head "He let me go," She said. "Don't let anyone come after me. Y/N go back with her." Daryl said walking off. "The hell I am!" You said running after him. "Don't. It's no use," you said. You walked to the old mill where you met the governor. Looking around you came to a walker hunched over one of the bodies laying on the ground.

  You gasped seeing it was Merle. Daryl dropped his crossbow, stumbling a little. "Daryl," you whispered. The walker looked up at you, flesh falling from its mouth. Merle stood up stepping over the body tripping a little. Daryl went over pushing him back a couple times before pushing him to the ground, pulling his knife out and stabbing him in the head over and over. He fell back on the ground crying. You had tears running down your face. You walked over to Daryl kneeling down beside him. Putting your hand on his shoulder "Daryl I'm sorry," you said. He looked at you, his eyes red with tears running down his face. He grabbed an old of you wrapping his arms around your waist burying his face in your stomach. You wrapped your arms around one of his shoulders and one on the back of his head and just sat there until he was ready to go back.