Chapter 60

Rick walked up the steps putting his hand out and Gabriel gave him the keys. Rick unlocked the door and you stepped inside the church and looked around. You see a bunch of empty cans laying around. Rick went back out and got Gabriel and the rest of the group. "I spent months here without stepping out the front door. If you found someone inside, well, it would have been surprising." Gabriel said. "Thanks for this." Carl said holding Judith and Gabriel went inside.

  "We found a short bus out back. It don't run, but I bet we could fix that in less than a day or two. Father here says he doesn't want it. Looks like we found ourselves some transport. You understand what's at stake here, right?" Abraham says."Yes, I do." Rick said. "Now that we can take a breath..." michonne starts. "We take a breath, we slow down, shit inevitably goes down." Abraham cuts her off. "We need supplies no matter what we do next." Michonne tells him. You step forward "That's right. Water, food, ammunition. Short bus ain't going nowhere." You said. "Bring you back some baked beans." Daryl said grabbing you hand and you walked into the church. "One way or another, we're doing what Rick does. We're not splitting up again." Glenn says. Walking in with Maggie behind him. "What he said." Tara tells Abraham and walks up the steps. "We want to roll with you, but... what she said." Bob says next and him and Sasha walk in.

   "How'd you survive here for so long? Where did your supplies come from?" Rick asked. "Luck. Our annual canned food drive. Things fell apart right after we finished it. It was just me." Gabriel told him. "Come here, Judith," Carl said, taking her from Rick. "The food lasted a long time. And then I started scavenging. I've cleaned out every place nearby. Except for one." Gabriel says. "What kept you from it?" You asked. "It's overrun." He said. "How many?" Rick asked. "A dozen or so. Maybe more."  Gabriel told him. "We can handle a dozen." Rick said. "Bob and I will go with you. Tyreese should stay here, help keep Judith safe." Sasha said. "That'll be okay?" Rick asked Tyreese. "Sure. You ever need me to watch her, need anything for her, I'm right here." He said. "I'm grateful for it. And everything else." Rick told him. "I'll draw you a map." Gabriel said. "You don't need to. You're coming with us." Rick told him. "I'm not gonna be of any help. You saw me. I'm no good around those things." He said panic in his voice. "You're coming with us." Rick told him. And went to talk to Carl then him, Michonne, Sasha, Bob, and Gabriel left.

  "Hey you're coming with me and Carol. Come on" Daryl said. The three of you went to a stream and filled up six  gallons of water each of you carrying two. You were walking beside Daryl with Carol on his other side. Daryl spoke up saying "Hey, I get it. You don't want to talk about it. You okay?" "Gotta be," She said. "We get to start over. All of us with each other. You saved us all by yourself." Daryl said. "We got lucky. We all should be dead." Carol told him. You stopped seeing a car. "I'll check it." Carol told you. "All right." Daryl says. You walked up to the car, Carol going and opening the drivers side door to check if it would start but it didn't. She got out and walked to the back opening the trunk. "Hey. We ain't dead. And whatever happened, happened." Daryl tells her. "Let's start over." You say. "I want to." She tells you. "Well, you can." Daryl says. She presses a button on the battery charger that was in the trunk. "We should leave this here for backup in case things go south at the church." She says shutting the trunk. "Want me to carry one of those?" Daryl asks, pointing his hand but he just ends up throwing it to the ground. You laughed and Carol looked at him smiling "No.," She said. "Yeah I think we should carry yours instead" you said. "Yeah, haha"  Daryl smirks at you and picks the gallon up.

  You got back to the church just as everyone else was seeing they found a lot. You took everything inside and grabbed plates and silverware and everyone dished up plates. Sitting around talking and laughing. It has been a long time since you had actually eaten anything like this. "I'd like to propose a toast." Abraham says.everyone settles down and stops talking to listen to him.  "I look around this room... and I see survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title. To the survivors." He says "Survivors! Cheers!" Everyone says holding up their glasses. "Cheers." Tara says.

  "Is that all you want to be? Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep at night with two eyes open, rinse and repeat? 'Cause you can do that. I mean, you got the strength. You got the skill. Thing is, for you people, for what you can do, that's just surrender. Now, we get Eugene to Washington and he will make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And that is not a bad takeaway for a little road trip. Eugene, what's in DC?" Abraham continues. "Infrastructure constructed to withstand pandemics even of this fubar magnitude. That means food, fuel, refuge. Restart." He says. "However this plays out, however long it takes for the reset button to kick in, you can be safe there. Safer than you've been since this whole thing started. Come with us. Save the world for that little one. Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there... who don't have anything left to do except survive." Abraham says. Judith coos "What was that?" Rick asks her.  "I think she knows what I'm about to say. She's in. If she's in, I'm in. We're in." Rick tells him and everyone cheers.

  You look at Daryl, him looking at you and he leans over kissing you. You both noticed Carol was gone "Stay here. Do not leave do you hear me?" He says. "No! I'm going with you Daryl don't argue" you said. "Fine. Let's go" and the both of you went out after Carol. You saw her by the car killing a walker. She turned around looking at you. "What're you doing?" Daryl asked.
"I don't know," She said. "Come on." Daryl said and then you heard a car approaching so you hid as it went by you saw it had a white cross on the back window. "Whoa, whoa! What are you doing?" You yelled as Daryl broke the tail lights out. "What are you doing?" Carol said. "They got Beth. Come on. Come on, get in!"  Daryl told you. You got in the back sit and Carol got in the front and Daryl drove and then took off after the car.