Chapter 73

Chapter 73

  The next morning you all plied into the car and RV headed down the road to Alexandra. You knocked on the side of the door Noah beside you. "Yeah?" Arron said you shook the bottle making the pills rattle. "Oh, um... I know it's time for another dose, but I want to let him sleep until we get home." Arron said. "No, it's for you." You told him. "A few bottles. Don't need to be stingy with 'em." Noah said. "I know how bad those hurt." He said looking at Arron looking at his wrist. "Yeah. Thank you." Arron said. Noah went to walk off  "Oh, your leg." Arron said and Noah came back. You went over to check and make sure Eric didn't have a fever.

   "Did that happen before?" Arron asked. "During. Dad and me, car accident. Rotters in the road. I had a doctor. Probably lucky I can even walk." Noah said. "We have a pretty gifted surgeon in Alexandria. His name's Pete. I've seen him do some amazing things. He might be able to help." Arron told you both. "Yeah?" Noah asked. "Yeah." Arron told him. You got up and went back out to sit woth the others.

   "Seven-card stud. Stares and squares. It's aces, cuatros, neeners, and two-eyed jacks" Eugen said deal out cards. "So there's 14 wild cards? Are you serious?" Tara asked him. "Serious as two copulating dogs." Eugene said.  "Abraham. Look." You heard Rosita say. You looked out the windshield to see the Washington Monument. Abraham looked at it smiling and looked at Rosita.  "Eyes on the road, champ." She said. "How much longer we got?" You asked. "Looks like we're a little over halfway there. Why?" Rosita said. "We can make it. We can make it." He said.

  Not long after that the RV broke down. Abraham pulled over and everyone got out. "Just like old fimes" you said nudging Daryl and he smirked nudging you back going up in top of the RV. "Can't win. Might as well paint it red, put a ladder on it." Abrham said. "All we need is another battery." Glenn told him. "Where in the hell are we gonna find another battery?" Abraham said.  "Right over here." Glenn said walking over to the door and lifting up the panel reveling batteries.   "How'd you know those were there?" Abraham asked surprised. Glenn just smiled "Come on." He said pulling one out and going over to the front and replacing it. Abraham started up The RV and everyone cheered. 
  Daryl came down off the roof and you followed everyone into the RV. Once Rick was back you  set off to Alexandra.

  You pulled up outside of the gated communty and got oyt of the RV walking over the car Rick, Michonne, Carl, and Judith were in. You took Daryls hand and looked up at him. "Ready?" You asked he just looked at the gates and shrugged. You walked up to the gate with everyone and waited. The gate opened and you all just stood there. You heard something moving in the trash can on the side of the road and everyone turned pointing there guns at it. A opossum jumped out and Daryl shot it with an arrow and walked over and picked it up.

  The guy that opened the gate looked at you then at Daryl holding the opossum. Daryl just looked at him holding it by It's tail then said "we brought dinner." You nudged him smirking and shaking your head. "Its okay. Come on in guys" Arron told you and you walked inside the gate. After you were in the gate was shut and you all turned around watching as it did. "Before you go any farther I need you all to turn over your weapons" the guy who opened the gate said. "You stay you hand them over" he said. Rick walked over to him and Arron "We don't know if we wanna stay" he said. "It's fine, Nicholas." Arron said. "If we were gonna use them, we would have started already." Rick told him. "Let them talk to Deanna first." Arron said. "Who's Deanna?" You said. "She knows everything you'd want to know about this place. Rick, why don't you start?" Arron said. "Sasha" Rick said. Sasha turned around and shot a walker and then the other gate started to close. "Its a good thing we're here" Rick said.

  You all followed Arron to Deanna's house. Rick went in first and the rest of you waited. After Rick came out Carl went in then Michonne, Maggie, Glenn, Sasha, Tara, Eugene, Abraham, Rosita, Noah, Daryl then you went in last. You walked up the steps and opened the door walking inside. You were greeted by a woman with brown hair. "Hello, I'm Deanna. You must be Y/N. It's so nice to meet you. Follow me." She said you followed he into a room that looked to be a livingroom of some sorts. It have sleeves full of books, a TV above a fire place. "Please sit" she said. You looked behind you to see a chair. You went over and sat down. "I'll be filming this hope you don't mind. It's just so we have a record of everyone" she said.

  You sat there looking around at everything. It has been so long since you been in a house that hasn't been ransacked or destroyed. It was like the world never ended this p kace was untouched. "So if you could just state you name." She said. "Y/N L/N"  you said. "What did you do before the world ended?" She asked. "I was a umm.... I was a trauma nurse in the emergency department at Grady Memorial Hospital in Alanta" you told her. "A nurse. We could use more people with medical skills. We have a surgeon. If you wouldn't mind if like if you could work with him" she said. " work with him?" You asked. "Yes. Everyone here has a job. It keeps things in order and keeps everyone busy" she said. "We have an Infirmary. Maybe after you get settled in I'll have someone show you where it is and introduce you to Pete" she told you. "Okay. Am I done?" You asked. "Yes" she said and you got up and went back outside.

  A woman came over to the group with a cart. Deanna cane outside "There still you guns you can have them whenever you go outside the wall. But inside here they stay in the armory." She said. You set you gun down on the cart but kept your knife and machete, Daryl keeping his knife and crossbow, everyone else had their knives too. "Should have brought another bin" the girl saod pulling it away. Arron took you to the houses you'd be staying in.

  You walked in looking around. "Wow" you muttered. You walked over and turned the faucet on "holy shit there's water!" You said. You could not wait to get a shower. You walked out on the porch
Where Daryl was sitting hitting the opossum he had got. "You can look. Just be quick." Rick told Carl. "Okay." He said and went over to the other house Carol following him.   After they left you, Rick and Daryl went around back checking everything out. As you were walking back up front Carol came out walking up to you.  "They're right next to each other, but--" she said  "They took our weapons and now they're splitting us up." Rick said. "Yup" Daryl  said. "Yeah. We'll all be staying in the same house tonight." Rick said.

  Later that night you all gathered up pillows and blankets gathering together in the livingroom and dinning room. Michonne came out of the bathroom sword in one hand and a toothbrush in another. "How ling have I been in there?" She said. "20 minutes" Rick said. "I could not stop brushing" she told him. Once Everyone settled down there was a knock on the door. Rick opened the door and Deanna stepped in. "Rick, I-- Wow.  I didn't know what was under there. Listen, I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling." She said looking around.

  "Oh, my. Staying together. Smart." She said.  "No one said we couldn't." Rick said. "You said you're a family. That's what you said. Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Don't you think?" She said. "Everybody said you gave them jobs." Rick said. "Mm-hmm. Yeah. Part of this place. Looks like the communists won after all." She said. "Well, you didn't give me one." Rick told her. "I have. I just haven't told you yet. Same with Michonne. I'm closing in on something for Sasha." She said. She looked over at you And Daryl sitting by one of the windows "Y/N was a nurse before so she'll be in the imfermiry. And I'm just trying to figure Mr. Dixon out, but I will." She said. "You look good." She said and walked out the door and  Rick shut the door.