Chapter 36

Daryl felt someone grab a hold of him wrestling him to the ground trying his hands behind his back, he looked up to see Rick getting Y/N over the wall before a sac was  put over his head. Daryl didn't know where he was all he could here were people cheering. Then he heard a voice say "It's not up to me anymore. The people have spoken. I asked you where your loyalties lie. You said here. Well, prove it. Prove it to us all. Brother against brother. Winner goes free. Fight to the death." The sac was pulled off and Merle was standing in front of him.

  Daryl looked at Merel as he turned around talking to the crowd "Y'all know me. I'm gonna do whatever I gotta do to prove... that my loyalty is to this town," he said. Daryl couldn't believe what his brother was saying. Merel punched Daryl making him fall to the ground then he kicked him. Daryl just laid there as Merel kicked him. Merel stood over him Daryl looking up at him. Daryl reached up and swang at Merle punching him in the jaw making Merel spin around. Daryl got up grabbing his brother but Merel knocked him back down.

Daryl had Merle my the throat "You really think this assholes goin re let ya go?" Daryl asked his brother. Merle looked at him holding him by the vest. "Just follow my lead little brother. We're getting outta this" Merle told him. "Right now!" Merle said and they both stood up going back to back fighting off the walkers they had on lead poles. Next thing Daryl knows there were gunshots and the walkers went down. There was screaming and everyone went into a panic. The arena filled with smoke giving them an advantage to get out. "Merel come on." Daryl said and  ran towards a guy that had his crossbow punching him and taking it back running off.

  He found Rick. "Daryl" Rick says "let's go." And they ran. They ran to the wall "they're all the arena. This way." Merle said. "You're not going anywhere with us." Rick told him. "You really want to do this now?" Merle said kicking one of the metal sheets free making a way to get out. "Rick Come on, we gotta go." Daryl said, running after his brother. Rick and Maggie follow behind. Merle was beating a walker outside with his metal arm saying "A little help would be nice!" Daryl makes sure Rick and Maggie are behind him then comes up and shoots a bolt in the head of a walker. "We don't have time for this!" Merle yells. "Let's go." Daryl says looking at Maggie and Rick then runs off after his brother. Maggie and Rick look at each other before running after them.  All Daryl wanted to do was get back to you and make sure you were alright.

  They finally came out of the woods where the car was. "Glenn." You heard someone say. You looked up to see Rick, Maggie, Daryl and no other the Merle fucking Dixon. Glenn ran over "Rick. Rick. Rick, thank god." "Now we have a problem here. I need you to back up." Rick said. "What the hell is he doing here?" Glenn said, pointing his gun at Merle.  Glenn and Michonne ran towards Merle. "Hey,hey hey" Rick said "Put it down!" Daryl yelled. "He tried to kill me!" Michonne yelled. "If it wasn't for him" Glenn started "He helped us get out of there." Daryl said "Yeah, right after he beat the shit out of you." Rick said. Merle backed up against the tree saying "Hey, we both took our licks, man." "Jackass." Daryl said, turning and looking at him. "Hey, shut up." Merle told him. "Enough!" "Hey, hey, relax! Put that down now!" Rick said. "Get that thing out of my face!" Daryl told Glenn.

"Daryl?" You said stepping out from behind everyone. He came over to you. "Y/N! Hey ya alright? Ya hurt?" Je asked checking over you. "No i'm okay. Look at you. Look what he did to you Daryl." You said looking at his face. "M'fine," he said. You wrapped your arms around his waist hesitantly wrapping his around you. "Man, look like you've gone native, brother." Merle said. Daryl stepped back from you going over to his brother saying  "No more than you hanging out with that psycho back there."  "Oh, yeah, man. He is a charmer, I got to tell you that. Been putting the wood to your girlfriend Andrea. Big time, baby." Merle said. "What? Andrea's in Woodbury?" You said. "Right next to the Governor." Daryl said. I told you to drop that!" Rick yelled at Michonne. "You know Andrea? Hey, do you know Andrea?" Rick asked her. "Yep, she does. Her and blondie spent all winter cuddling up in the forest. Mm-mmm-mmm. Yeah. My Nubian queen here had two pet walkers. No arms, cut off the jaws, kept them in chains. Kind of ironic now that I think about it." Merle said  "Shut up, bro." Daryl said. "Hey, man, we snagged them out of the woods. Andrea was close to dying." Merle told him. "Is that why she's with him?" You asked not believing this. "Yeah. Snug as two little bugs. So what you gonna do now, Sheriff, huh? Surrounded by a bunch of liars, thugs, and cowards." Merle said. "Shut up!" Rick told him. "Oh, man, look at this. Pathetic. All these guns and no bullets in them." Merle said. "Merle, shut up!" Daryl yelled getting in his face. "Shut up yourself! Bunch of pussies you roll..." Merle began but Rick hit him over the head with his gun knocking him out. Daryl just looked at Rick nodding his head. "Asshole." You said.

  You,Rick,Daryl,Maggie and Gleen stood in the middle of the road. "It won't work." Rick said. "It's gotta." Daryl told him. "It'll stir things up." Rick said. "Look, the Governor is probably on the way to the prison right now. Merle knows how he thinks and we could use the muscle." Daryl told Rick. "I'm not having him in the prison." Maggie said. "Do you really want him sleeping in the same cell block as Carol, Beth or Y/N?" Glenn asked. "He ain't a rapist." Daryl said. "Well, his buddy is." Gkenn said. You snapped your head to Maggie who looked away you could tell she was pissed that Glenn said that. "They ain't buddies no more. Not after last night." Daryl said. "There's no way Merle's gonna live there without putting everyone at each other's throats." Rick told Daryl. "So you're gonna cut Merle loose and bring the last samurai home with us?" Daryl asked. "She's not coming back." Rick said. "She's not in a state to be on her own." You told him. "She did bring you guys to us." Glenn said. "And then ditched us." Rick said. "At least let my dad stitch her up." Maggie said. "She's too unpredictable." Rick said as you all looked at her. "That's right. We don't know who she is. But Merle, Merle's blood." Daryl said. "No, Merle is your blood. My blood, my family is standing right here and waiting for us back at the prison." Glenn said. "And you're part of that family." You told Daryl. "But he's not. He's not." Rick said.

  "Man, y'all don't know. Fine. We'll fend for ourselves." Daryl said. You looked at him with wide eyes. He couldn't be serious could he?  You thought. "That's not what I was saying." Rick told him. "No him, no me." Daryl said. You started shaking l, your breathing getting heavy, tears were stinging your eyes. "Daryl, you don't have to do that." Maggie said seeing your state. "It was always Merle and I before this." Daryl said. "Don't." Maggie said. "Are you serious?" Glenn asked. "You're just gonna leave like that?" You asked him.  "You'd do the same thing." He said "No! No I would fucking not. Not if my sibling treated me like he does you!" You yelled. "What do you want us to tell Carol?" Rick said. "She'll understand. Say good-bye to your pop for me." Daryl said.

Daryl started walking away. You just stood there for a minute before you ran after him. "Daryl, are you serious? Daryl! Hey. Hey. There's got to be another way." You said stepping in front of him. "Don't ask me to leave him. I already did that once." Daryl said. "We started something last night. You realize that, huh?" Rick said. "No him, no me. That's all I can say. Take care of yourself. Take care of lil ass-kicker. Carl. He's one tough kid." Daryl said walking towards Merle. You ran after him again  "Daryl! Will you please just stop!" You yelled. He stopped turned around and walked up to you kissing you your forehead. "M'Sorry. I can't leave him. Ya better off anyway." He told you and walked off into the woods with Merle. "Daryl!" You screamed falling to the ground crying. Maggie came over to you hel0ing you up and walking you back to the car.