Chapter 47

You walked out of the cell block and to the library. You, Daryl, Carol, Hershel, Glenn, and Sasha were all on the council. You sat around the two tables that were pushed together. Daryl sat to the left of you on a chair backwards, Carol was on your right, Sasha was on the other side of Daryl with Glenn on her other side and Hershel between Carol and Glenn. "Patrick was fine yesterday, and he died overnight. Two people died that quick?" Carol said. "We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed," you said. "That's everyone in that cell block. That's all of us, maybe more." Daryl said, looking around the table. "We know that this sickness can be lethal. We don't know how easily it spreads. Is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?" Hershel asked. "We can't just wait and see." You said. "And there's children. It isn't just an illness. If people die, they become a threat." Carol says. "We need a place for them to go. They can't stay in D. We can't risk going in there to clean it up." Hershel spoke. "We can use cell block A." Carol said. "Death row? "I'm not sure that's much of an upgrade." Glenn said. "It's clean. That's an upgrade." Daryl says. Think that'll work for Dr. S?" Daryl asked. "I'll help Caleb get it set up." You said. "Nah, you ain't goin in there." Daryl told you. "He's going to need help." You said. "I'll help him get set up, you stay out here" Hershel told you.

  You were about to argue but heard coughing coming from the hall. Daryl put his hand on his knife and went to  stand up. You walked out in the hall to see Ty and Karen walking down the hall. Karen was coughing. "You alright?" Ty asked her. "Mmhmm" she said. You walked out in the hall "You sure?" You asked "You don't sound so good" Carol told her. "We're just taking her back to my cell so she can rest." Ty told you. "Tyreese, I don't think that's a good idea." Hershel told him. "Why? What's going on now?" Karen asked. "We think it's a flu or something." You said. "That's how Patrick died." Glenn said. "Judith was in that cell block. She's vulnerable. Anyone that may be sick or even exposed should stay away." Hershel said. "It killed Patrick?" Karen asked. "She's gonna be okay. Now that we know what Patrick died from we can treat it, right?" Tyreese asked. "Don't panic. We're going to figure this out. But we should keep you separated in the meantime." Hershel told them. "We'll have Caleb take a look at you. I'll see what we have in the way of medications." You said. "David from the Decatur group, he's been coughing, too." Karen said. "I'll get him." Glenn spoke.

  "There's some empty clean cells in the tombs, right?" Glenn asked Sasha. "Yeah, we'll meet you there." She said. "Okay." "Come on. Let's get you settled." Sasha said. Her, Th, and Karen walked off. "Have to call another meeting later." Hershel said. "All right. I'll get to burying the dead ones." Daryl told him. "You wear gloves and a mask." Hershel said. "Uh-huh." Daryl told him and Hershel walked off leaving You, Daryl and Carol. "You all right?" Daryl asked her. "I'm worried about Lizzie and Mica. They were around Patrick." She said. "We all were" you told her. "Karen and David will be separated til they feel better." Daryl said. "You guys okay?" She asked. Daryl looked back at you. "Mmmm. Gotta be" Daryl said. Turning around grabbing your hand and the two of you walked away.

  Daryl looked at you as you walked outside. "Ya okay?" He asked. You looked over at him "Yeah I'm fine" you said. He kissed your forehead and started walking down to the field to start burying the ones who died. 
You went and found Dr. S. "Hey Dr. S! Can you go take a look at Karen and David they're in a cell in the tombs and they both have been coughing." You said. "Yeah, sure Y/N. Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah I'm fine. I haven't had any symptoms." You told him. He walked off and you went to see what you had in medication.

  You were walking outside to go talk to Daryl about needing to go on a run to find more meds. "Y/N! Hey. Y/N!" You stopped and turned around seeing Adam running up to you. "Hey," you said. "Hey, is everything alright?" He asked, hugging you. "Patrick, one of the kids here got sick. Some kind of flu and died. He came back and turned to the others. Everyone that was in D block and that has any kind of symptoms is to go to A block." You told him bugging him back."Oh my. I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do?" He asked you. "Just stay away from anyone who has been exposed. That includes me. I was there. And if you start having any kind of cough go to see Dr. S in A block." You told him. "Alright. Yeah sure." He told you.

  Daryl saw you talking to Adam again, saw him hugging you again, his hands getting too close to your ass again and he felt that anger and jealousy bubbling up again. You were his girl not Adams. He turned around and kept digging the grave thinking about how bad he'd like to put Adam in it. What the hell was wrong with him? Why was he acting like this? He's never done any of this. Never felt things like this. "Hey!" Daryl turned around looking up at you smiling at him. He loved your smile. He loved everything about you. Your beautiful E/C eyes, your laugh, the way you moaned his name, the way you looked at him. You looked at him like he was the only one. "Hey" he said, turning back around after seeing Adam up at the fence in the courtyard looking down at the two of you. It pissed him off. "You alright?" You asked him. "Mmm," was all he said. "Okay.... Well, we need to have a meeting. We need more meds." You told him. "Alright. Well I'm a little fickin busy Y/N!" He said a little harshly. He didn't mean to be but he couldn't stop seeing Adams grimy hands on you. "Okay... I'm sorry. I'll let you work" you said and walked off to find Hershel.